Honored Contributor

Re: Y&R .............. didn't see this coming!!!

If that kid of Chelsea's starts to grow a mustache, then I'm going to know what I've been suspecting for a long time..........

OK, am I the only one who's noticed that Victor has taken quite an interest into little Adam?  Even though Nick's kid is named after Victor, he's still have heart to heart talks with little Adam......just be on the look-out......if that kid starts showing little hairs under his nose.....am I the only one who sees a resemblance?  Not to start a rumor.....

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only time I've ever seen the little boy who plays Connor utter a word was when Eric Braeden (Victor) was talking to him a few days ago.  He was holding a toy airplane and said plane.  I about fell off the couch.   He usually never says a word and has no facial  expressions whatsoever.     I've never even seen him smile.  I'm sure it's easier for the actors, directors, etc. for him to be that way but sheesh, he always looks so unhappy.

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

We all are entitled to our opinions, and I think Billy Abbot is more a blondish brown than dark brown/black as seen by the picture below:

Well, he and Victoria would definitely be a better looking couple .... and they could lighten his hair a tad .....   I'm sure this New Billy would grow on me ....

Trusted Contributor

I was just getting used to this Billy now another.  Don't worry about the babies in a year or so they might be teenagers.

Jessa
Honored Contributor

I don't usually post here but the talk about hair color is so ridiculous; few soap opera actors have their natural hair color.  And when kids grow ten years older in from one episode to the next it seems so petty to focus on hair color.

Jason Thompson is a fantastic actor.  I have a hard time believing he'd go to another soap but if he did wow.  Tthey have to hire a heavy hitter to go toe-to-toe with Justin Hartley who is an amazing actor.  

They must be paying Justin Hartley a fortune for him to sign away two years of his life to a soap when he's had a good prime time career.  I don't see Jason Thompson doing it, but I'd love to be wrong.  Forget about his hair color -- he is a powerhouse talent and Y&R and we would be so lucky to have him.

JMO.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not familiar with this actor, @LoriLori but I'm open to giving him a chance.  I'm not crazy about Burgess but I was finally comfortable with him.

Regarding the hair color, I think we were just playing around with the genetic aspects of their choices when choosing an actor.  Never a rhyme or reason for who they choose other than talent and availability.  Justin Hartley definitely has the talent but I had to get use o him being taller and Lanier than the previous Adam.  I'm so glad he's staying...love him as Adam.

Nice to touch base with you LoriLori....first time, I think.Smiley Wink

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Thanks, @Mmsfoxxie!  

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were playing around.  I've been lurking here for a while but haven't posted.  I hadn't watched Y&R in ages but Justin Hartley brought me back to it.  I remember when he started on Passions and right out of the gate you knew he had something very special.  I even followd him to Smallville which is so not my type of tv show!

I also watch DAYS, which I've been watching since Passions, which is my favorite soap ever.  DAYS just last week and this week aged five little kids of different ages into teenagers all the same age.  Only on a soap!

Years ago I used to watch ABC soaps and so I turned into GH for the 50th anniversary year, out of curiosity and and stuck around until I couldn't take it,  Jason Thompson is so great that now I will be disappointed if it's not him!!!!

Honored Contributor

I have watched JT on GH since he began 10 years ago and I love him.  I am so sad to see him go.  I have also watched Y&R for the past 5 years and I loved BM as Billy and I am grateful to have him on GH.  

I so do not see JT in this Y&R role.  Maybe he will surprise me but he's very serious on GH even when they've had light hearted moments.  Comedy is just not natural for him based on what's he's done on GH.  It's just not what I envision Billy Abbott to be but after BM in the role, I guess we all all ruined somewhat.

I also read that JT may be going to DOOL.  I haven't watched that show in years but his coloring definitely fits in better over there.   I also read BM will never return to Y&R as long as Jill Phelps is there.  Who knows but it shall be interesting to see what shakes out.

I had no idea JH started on soaps.  I first knew him on Smallville as Green Arrow.  I hate to say it but I still wait for him to whip out the green suit from time to time on Y&R.  Funny how some roles just seem to follow sometimes.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

OMG, @LoriLori, get a grip, we are not arguing about hair color we are just talking about what an image in our heads about what a character should look like!!!

This is a soap opera, not real life, give me a break!!!

@HootyHooty, speaking of getting a grip, why are you being so rude to me?    Way to welcome a newb to your thread.  

Thanks to @Mmsfoxxie for the kind welcome and gentle correction about the hair color discussion, and to @Laura14 for responding to my post.   

Since the OP has chosen to be so over-the-top insulting to me, I won't be back posting here.