Honored Contributor

Y&R .............. didn't see this coming!!!

CBS Daytime's The Young and the Restless is once again recasting the role of Billy Abbott. I hear Burgess Jenkins has been given his walking papers.  

Setside sources reveal former General Hospital star Jason Thompson (ex-Patrick) is the frontrunner to replace Jenkins in the role. However, a deal between Thompson and the CBS soap hasn't been reached yet.

Honored Contributor

Re: Y&R .............. didn't see this coming!!!

Good grief!  I just saw him on General Hospital!  I don't like it when they 'flip' an actor between shows or even when they leave and show up quickly on another soap.

There must be some good actors we haven't seen lately who could fit the part.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, I didn't either, @Hooty.  I heard that TPTB didn't like the way he did the scene when he was in court defending Adam.  I thought he did fine but it was said tgat he was too stiff.  I've said he was stiff, too, but not so much in that scene.  I hope he doesn't go because a recast will take getting use to.  I'm use to him now.  Hate to see people lose their jobs.

Having said that, I won't mind Ben going, lol.

Thanks, Hooty.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I've always thought he was stiff.  It often seemed like he was reading his lines.

He just never fit Billy as most of us knew him.  Partyl because he seemed more like an old(er) more mature male than Billy Miller.  Don't get me wrong, I really liked Billy Miller as Billy, but the other guy......not so much.

Honored Contributor

I just read where Lindsey Godfrey (Caroline on B&B) and Robert Adamson (Noah on Y&R) have called off their engagement.

That's sad.  Remember they got engaged and had a baby within about 1 or 1 1/2 years ago.  Then she had that terrible accident where a car hit her.  Now this.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, Girl, where've you been, lol?  That happened a month or two ago.  I don't know which one called it off.  I thought they were so cute together.

I hope it's not because she's more popular than he is.  Some men have big egos but small bank accounts.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Well......I get my news from here....The only way I saw it because if you go over to General Hospital she mentions someone I thought she said from Y&R named Robert and I new that was "Noah's" real name so I went fishing on the internet.  

What's that saying?  A day late and a dollar short?

Honored Contributor

Well, wow!  How do you know what to believe???

I just read on Soap Central that Abby and Ben are meeting with a wedding planner in December.  Which means......Ben will not die in the fire!!!

Lord...I don't know what to believe.  we're being played, big time.

So, WHO is going to die in the fire?  I'm not guessing any more.

Valued Contributor

As much as I loved Billy Miller as Billy Abbott, I've gotten used to Burgess Jenkins in the role. Jason Thompson, to me, is just as "stiff" as Burgess Jenkins.  Sure wish Y&R could lure Billy Miller back. He will always be Billy Abbott to me. No one will ever have the charisma Billy Miller had playing that role.

Honored Contributor

@MathisFan, ITA about Billy Miller, no one else will fill the shoes of Billy Abbot, besides him!

@Mmsfoxxie, somewhere I think I read the same thing about a wedding planner, I read so many things about the "goings on" and you never know what is true or rumor anymore, LOL!  Maybe that is how the writers will lure their viewers back   ...........  you have to watch to see what really happens!!!

Just like yesterday, I had read a week back where Hilary was going to think she was married to Neil, and I was told on another forum, it was only a rumor, well, no rumor, it actually happened!!!