Respected Contributor

Java, you are welcome.  I'm a clutz at editing and hit the wrong symbol LOL!

Respected Contributor

Annabelle,

That's what I thought.  Sure she going to try and keep him alive, she wants his $$$$

Honored Contributor

It's not like this woman is a wallflower who's never lived life.  Right?  I mean, she's been around the block a few times (so to speak).

My guess is someone like that is able to assess the situation very quickly and decide the motion she'll take where the best outcome for her will happen.  She knew he had money (he talked about it 24/7 bribing her.

Also she knew the other love of her life was waiting in Genoa City where this Jack belonged.

Respected Contributor

Jack told her in the ship he was not Marco he was kidnapped and held for ransum

Honored Contributor

I remember that.  I was talking about when he was laying there and she was going for help and he was wondering if she was going to leave him there.

That's what I was talking about her assessing the situation and realizing it was better to save him (Jack) I believe she believed him and knew it was in her best interest to save him, rather than go off on her own.  I think she realized it was better to survive with him and that would lead her to her real love, that nice town he described and lots of money he'd promised her.  She'd have everything.