Respected Contributor

Okay JAVA--- fill me in . What coming storm ? What other shoe ? And what is the big O ? I have one definition but I have a sneaky suspicion that's not what you meant !

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I've had so many MRI's done on my back, my neck (got a new vertebra on that one), my knees and now I'm back to my back.

Just haven't made the appointment yet.  In pain 24/7 so I've kind of lost interest in trying to make it better.

I've gotten to the point where Collin is worse than Victor (who'd have thought)?  Where is Jill?  Is she still putting up with him?

I can't stand the way they made her out to be some love struck bimbo.  She went from a very serious business woman to looking for some music box to acting like an animal in h(e)et with Collin always pawing all over him.  Ugh!

Now he goes and drugs someone.....I wonder if he's going to blackmail him.

Honored Contributor

Foxxii, I just posted somewhere about some of the MRI's I have had done.  All of them had to be entirely in the tube.

The most difficult one was the one for my entire head.  I had to be put in this contraption and could not move at all.  They were taking MRI's of my brain.

Anyway, what you need to do is what I do.  I think of some of the most wonderful times in my life.  When each of my daughters were born and the look on my husband's face when he saw them.  All of the times we said our little rituals to each other.  Things like that.  Just think of good times, breathe normally and don't open your eyes.

Respected Contributor

Re: Y&R THURS JY 30

[ Edited ]

Danky let's just say be it an unexpected weather or other unforeseen events it is best to be ready for anything....

We are in a game of 3 card Monty like it or not, have cash on hand  in case the ATM no longer available, enough food storage, batteries, even a generator get some books on how to survive before the grid.... learn how to store water...  better safe than sorry!

It is hard to post some things here but this might be educational and interesting http://ldsmag.com/seventeen-ways-to-sabotage-your-family-food-storage-plan/

Respected Contributor

Danky I have been sort of in quite mode and trying to stay focus to get those things done so at least home always a comfort zone when all else fails...  I know to some it may sound strange but to when the spirit of the Lord is present...  J 14:27

Respected Contributor

@javala wrote:

Danky I have been sort of in quite mode and trying to stay focus to get those things done so at least home always a comfort zone when all else fails...  I know to some it may sound strange but to when the spirit of the Lord is present...  J 14:27

JAVA---it doesn't sound strange to me at all. My family and I are semi-survivalists and have had certain things in place for years. We have a personal water filtration straw for everyone, plenty of wood for fireplaces and wood burning stoves, stored food, guns, lanterns.......I think you get the picture. That's one of the reasons we started raising animals for meat and eggs. I must admit, though, it is something I never think about. 

The chickens are all gone (the predators keep getting them) and have been replaced by 14 guinea fowl who are better able to protect themselves. I also have ( I don't know if I told you) a share cropper. For years he has farmed about 1/2 acre of my property. I supply the land and he does everything else. Currently we have probably 500 lbs of summer squash. He sells what ever we don't use. Also have tomatoes, peppers, pumpkins, melons, corn, etc and then winter veggies. It works out beautifully because I hate to garden.....he even picks stuff and delivers the basket right to my kitchen door.

Bravo to you for being determined and focused......I wish some of your talents would transfer to me.

Honored Contributor

Me, too, JESSA.  I've been told most of my life that I'm too sensitive.  I try not to be that way though because things usually work out.  I'm trying more and more not to let people's negativity transfer to me.  Leave it as their problem not mine.  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

JESSA---hope you are having a relaxing day. Tomorrow at this time the whole procedure will be part of your past. You're in my thoughts .