Respected Contributor

Foxxie-- from the time of my husband's diagnosis until his death, a few months ago, watching the physical change was heart breaking but the emotional changes were unbearable. In 40+ years never did he get angry with me, show anything but he utmost respect, affection and love....but the sicker he got the more I became the target of his rage at what was happening to him. My friends and family were appalled at how he spoke to me at times and, if they called him on it, he would become very apologetic and emotional. I knew it was not personal but it was very hard to deal with. ( I have to add that ,at his worse ,he was no where close to what many people deal with daily in a relationship....but for him it was a big change.)

Honored Contributor
On 4/5/2015 Danky said:

Foxxie-- from the time of my husband's diagnosis until his death, a few months ago, watching the physical change was heart breaking but the emotional changes were unbearable. In 40+ years never did he get angry with me, show anything but he utmost respect, affection and love....but the sicker he got the more I became the target of his rage at what was happening to him. My friends and family were appalled at how he spoke to me at times and, if they called him on it, he would become very apologetic and emotional. I knew it was not personal but it was very hard to deal with. ( I have to add that ,at his worse ,he was no where close to what many people deal with daily in a relationship....but for him it was a big change.)

Danky, it sounds like you know exactly where I (and another poster) are coming from. You look at this person you love and for a moment can't understand why they are treating you like this is your fault. Sometimes I thought he was selfish with not wanting to be touched because it helped him but hurt me. We were very touchy feelly.....only been married nine years. But that prostate cancer not only changed him physically but mentally and emotionally as well.

I had a few counseling sessions to help me through it and thankfully, he's getting emotionally better. I don't think men handle illness as well as women do, especially that kind. Thanks for sharing.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor
On 4/5/2015 JESSA said:

You know I can relate Mmsfoxxie.Smile

Hi, JESSA! Hope you had a nice Easter!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Danky I must say what you said is hard all my years with my husband he was so patient with me very rare was he upset with me...

But the years with his congestive heart and the last few years was hard he was a doer he loved teaching he was a voice and a renown sight singing teacher. He was humble in spite of his talent but the last few years were painful his joy of teaching was too much for him and it was difficult between us but I knew it was not him... it is very lonely when your other half is withdrawn. I know things are alright now and a day will come for we were sealed to be together for all eternity, not till death do we part. Many times I feel his presents.

Danky I see your reply was in response to Foxxie experience somehow men must carry a burden when they are not able to control and be themselves it gets manifested in other ways and of course projected on the one they loved and closes too, some how the communication must get scramble and their ornery behavior is not what they really are trying to say they are mad at themselves and been thrown a curve ball and don't know how to process it.

I am glad you brought this up it dose help resolve those earthly issues that can leave a bitter taste while we are still here.

Honored Contributor

Java, I am not allowed to make a comment on my own thread, and to Danky, I certainly do not claim to be a "purist"!!!

Respected Contributor
On 4/5/2015 Hooty said:

Java, I am not allowed to make a comment on my own thread, and to Danky, I certainly do not claim to be a "purist"!!!

Please Hooty don't take things like this so personal, they are a small bump along a bumpy road, a small pebble a tiny ripple in the scheme of things, thank you for allowing us to chatter away and lighten the way.... our soaps should be as regular to cause and effects as real life...

Nowadays the soap scripts are beyond chronology fiction...

Trusted Contributor
On 4/5/2015 Mmsfoxxie said:
On 4/5/2015 JESSA said:

You know I can relate Mmsfoxxie.Smile

Hi, JESSA! Hope you had a nice Easter!

I did Mmsfoxxie....thanks....tired now from the baking and cooking.

Jessa
Honored Contributor

Yes, foxxii, I'm pretty open about my husband dying in my arms. When I tell it, it's like it happened to someone else. I relive it over and over, every detail (the hour before and the entire day).

There are things in life that changes us forever. What you and your husband went through changes you forever.

I think women are far stronger (mentally) than males. Don't get me started. People who know me (I come from a family of strong females) know how much I love being a woman and how strong women are.

Anyway, about who the killer is.....will we ever find out? I'm (for real) getting ready to make an appointment with my Psychic and I will be sure to ask her who killed who's it and what the writers are going to write (just kidding, as much as this thing costs....I won't waste time on it).

Honored Contributor

So, I'm looking at my Soap Digest magazine and it says Linsey Godfrey says in the interview has been taping B&B. She gets lifted out of the wheelchair, does the scene and put back into the wheelchair.. She'll be seen (this says on April 8). She won't be seen on a daily basis yet, she said 'after Spring hiatus, she'll "be back filming a bit more regularly" I know I look forward to seeing her just because I can't imagine how difficult it must be for her to even come back as soon as she has.

It will be nice to see someone other than Quinn and Maya and Maya's sister (in that dumb hat).

Kim Matula (Hope) will appear on Friday April 17, and Monday, April 20. Here's what the soap magazine said, (paraphrasing) 'She let it be known that she'd be 'willing' to reprise her role on occasion if and when her schedule permits' (Clifton told the magazine). Ugh! I doubt if it's as easy "in night time TV' as she thought it was. Ha!

BIG NEWS...... This is a quote from an interview Atkinson (Austin) gave to CBS Soaps, dated 6 April...."For his partAtkinson says he's relished his time at Y&R and is hopeful that he'll be driving into the CBS parking lot in the future, (quoting him)"What you've seen is a body that LOOKS a whole lot like mine that's very dead," he teases. "But I can tell you this: I'm still shooting on a DAILY BASIS...Who knows if I'm dead or not? On a soap, you're never really dead, are you?" That from "Austin".

Soooooo......maybe Hooty or java (whomever said it) might be right about Victor being good at diging up a twin.....or perhaps he never really was dead. But didn't someone say his body was in a hole in the woods?

I don't know. I just thought you guys might like to know what I just read.

Respected Contributor

Annabel I just watch another story that does fake reports but the people are still alive all this intrigue going on is confusing to the viewer...

On second thought I think these things happen either to protect someone or to flush some out and might not be mischief making from the writers but a real purpose...