Respected Contributor

Y&R Someone with clarity in these days of darkness by Toni

My Thoughts: Huh? 'Whether I decide between Ben and Billy' Vikki tells Nick. I thought she was done with both as a partner - and she has no choice when it comes to which fathered her baby ... Why hasn't anyone mentioned that Billy's likely also responsible for a man's death - he took Adam at gunpoint.

Ben's actions may be just as 'justified' as Billy's (never mind that Austin almost killed the police chief - but is being fast-tracked as toast of the town). More hypocrisy - Vikki finds Mariah 'repulsive' for aligning herself with Ian Ward - and harassing Abby and Tyler - but it wasn't repulsive for Victor to orchestrate the gas-lighting that resulted in Sharon getting electro shock therapy? Cassie meant nothing to Mariah - but she was Victor's 'beloved' granddaughter ....

Nick was adamant that until she can be trusted 100%, Mariah not be left alone with Faith. Can't he call Bonnie or someone else on staff to watch Faith? Or Noah? Or leave her with whomever's watching Johnny? Perhaps Nick shouldn't have made a promise whilst his Mom's awaiting the Judge's decision ...

Ben's record at Memorial may be spotless - only because that incompetent DR failed to report that he'd illegally accessed Vikki's file ... Dr Shelby's never met Victor - why on earth would he obey his order to 'ignore what this man has to say'? ... Of course Nikki would assume Ben killed his father in self defense - it's the 'extenuating circumstances' of two of her three kills ....

The Judge finds Ian repulsive for sleeping with a young girl behind his wife's back? Huh - I guess he wasn't convinced by Nikki's account that she was physically and sexually abused (you may have noticed - word of the day is 'repulsive') ... Duh Victor - it's still a 'closed trial' - otherwise the seats would be filled by the reporters (who're waiting on public property) ...

I'm surprised Mariah wasn't wearing a Cubs T-shirt and ball cap by the time Nick got home. Nope - he's not goin' there and was clearly uncomfortable by Mariah's behavior... Oh yeah Gloria - the town of GC (which is a city, not a town) would totally fall apart if the Silver Chipmunk wasn't fighting crime ... I'm not surprised that Kevin gets away with it yet again. He's lucky - but will the habitual criminal really get to keep his job with the police?

Respected Contributor

Re: Y&R Someone with clarity in these days of darkness by Toni

Some watch soaps for vanity oh the hair, bubble bangle and beads or their looks which is fine to a pointe, some watch to see the degeneration that is being manifest going on in the world, other watch looking for some resemblance to good triumphing over our flawed character.

It has gotten to the point which our Moral Compass seems to no longer to function correctly. Some how so many wrongs can be justified unless we feel this one gets a pass, but this one should get the max.

We should never let our interest over ride our values aka principles...

it seems today many don't even have principles just interest!

Valued Contributor

These story lines perpetuate what many folks believe...that laws don't apply equally to the masses and that the rich get away with everything...including murder.

Honored Contributor

The reason no one has spoke about Billy's involvement with Adam is because no one knows the extent of Billy's involvement. I can't wait for Chelsea to find out about her bed partner. But Billy knows what he did. Like most of his family, he's a hypocrite. His wrongs are ok but other people need to be held accountable.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I don't know who Toni is or where this post actually originated, but it's a bit rambling and short on "clarity". {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

The only thing I can comment on is that when the explanation about the fire spreading quickly, it sounded much more like an accident than a deliberate "murder".

Of ALL people, Billy should keeping his mouth shut ..... it was his negligence that led to the death of his daughter Delia .... yes, it may have been an accident, but Billy didn't go to jail and serve time for his extreme carelessness! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Honored Contributor

Humph! Well this I know. I still don't like the new(er) Billy. I'm reserving judgment on Phyllis. I've always known there are different rules for the rich. The richer the more the rules get stretched. We all work toward getting richer (that's the American way). I'm not complaining. I'd be working at McDonalds if my late husband had not been extremely intelligent and good at making money.

Let us not loose sight of the fact that this is only a TV show. Soaps (more than just about any other show, except 'reality') suspends reality.

The viewer is EXPECTED to have a short memory and forgive the misgivings of our favorite characters. You know, "Billy is cute and charming. Who wouldn't want to sleep with him?" That sort of thing.

Some things we can 'get over' some ummmmmm, not so much. I hope by now I know the difference between what, as a member of society, I am supposed to do.......and not supposed to do.

However, I guess there are some people who still leave children in the car (just recently had a few here) and do ignorant things. They know the difference, they must think they're rich or just that the law doesn't apply to them.

I'm getting off track (which I always do).

Whomever posted as the OP is totally correct (I think) in that post. However, it doesn't matter. Everyone is going to overlook the flaws of their favorite character.

After all, it is just a TV show.

I did enjoy reading the synopsis though.

Respected Contributor

On 8/2/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

I don't know who Toni is or where this post actually originated, but it's a bit rambling and short on "clarity". {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

The only thing I can comment on is that when the explanation about the fire spreading quickly, it sounded much more like an accident than a deliberate "murder".

Of ALL people, Billy should keeping his mouth shut ..... it was his negligence that led to the death of his daughter Delia .... yes, it may have been an accident, but Billy didn't go to jail and serve time for his extreme carelessness! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I used the word clarity on right and wrong not about the tangle mess Y&R creates
not too many members of society have that anymore....

BTW Toni reply is in reference to Monday Spoiler which is shown in Canada on Fri.

http://www.young-restless.com/

Respected Contributor

On 8/2/2014 annabellethecat said:

Humph! Well this I know. I still don't like the new(er) Billy. I'm reserving judgment on Phyllis. I've always known there are different rules for the rich. The richer the more the rules get stretched. We all work toward getting richer (that's the American way). I'm not complaining. I'd be working at McDonalds if my late husband had not been extremely intelligent and good at making money.

Let us not loose sight of the fact that this is only a TV show. Soaps (more than just about any other show, except 'reality') suspends reality.

The viewer is EXPECTED to have a short memory and forgive the misgivings of our favorite characters. You know, "Billy is cute and charming. Who wouldn't want to sleep with him?" That sort of thing.

Some things we can 'get over' some ummmmmm, not so much. I hope by now I know the difference between what, as a member of society, I am supposed to do.......and not supposed to do.

However, I guess there are some people who still leave children in the car (just recently had a few here) and do ignorant things. They know the difference, they must think they're rich or just that the law doesn't apply to them.

I'm getting off track (which I always do).

Whomever posted as the OP is totally correct (I think) in that post. However, it doesn't matter. Everyone is going to overlook the flaws of their favorite character.

After all, it is just a TV show.

I did enjoy reading the synopsis though.

That is because the rich at some point in US History rearranged all of the deck chairs to suit them and to shut out the competition .

Therefore it was up to us to watch who is minding the store it seems we did not do a good job on that.

They had us too busy working and distracted with sports and pop culture.

And as how human nature works many of us protected our sacred cows, or in other words put our interest over principles.

It was my parents generation who walk the walk, I have no clue what the majority of my generation of spoiled brats were thinking or doing...

Now we all pay the price for the me generation...

Super Contributor

I like the new Billy well enough. He's not Billy Miller, but at least seems age appropriate.

Remember that when the crash happened, Billy jumped out of the car and left Adam to die. Adam would not have done that to Billy, no matter the circumstances.

I agree with most of what Javala-la has to say. No one has gotten away with more murder and mayhem in GC than Victor. He is responsible for more than a few deaths. I'm sick of it too.

I can't stand Stitch anymore, but I do believe that the fire was an accident and he was not responsible.

And Jack? Tired of his actions lately too. I hope and pray that when our Phyllis wakes up, Kelly goes away. Cannot stand her.

Okay - enough! JMO of course.

Honored Contributor

I think that Billy and Victoria deserve each other. They are the most immature and spoiled characters on Y&R.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)