Honored Contributor

Re: Y & R Shocker!! JT is alive!!

[ Edited ]

@Forbidden Fruit wrote:

I love  Y & R, no matter how kooky it gets. I can't help it.  It's fun entertainment for me but I always have to remember what someone posted on a thread here about "checking your brain at the door" when watching soaps. LOL.

The cabin scenes were so hard to watch-poor acting, directing, writing. I think all these actors are so capable but the writing needs a some work. I miss the character development. 

I miss Dina.  I was thinking last night while watching, what story line(s) would I like to see?  I  was thinking of Mamie coming back, having blown through the million bucks that Jill paid her off with, and having a partnership with Dina to push creepy Kerry out of the Abbott home.  

I miss the skirt chasing smilin' Jack Abbott. I really do. Of course, I miss how trashy Jill used to be too. Having Mia helps.

I think Sharon should open a brothel.  She could be the madam and psychoanalyse her guests while breathlessly saying, 'leave the cash on the dresser" and smoking a cigarette.  All Newman men get a discount and maybe a punch card for frequent visits.

I probably should seek professional help.

Woman LOL I like your idea for Sharon... I too miss the Jill who was a force to be reckoned with, though I think Jack's grown a little long in the tooth to be the town satyr... Glad someone else is enjoying Mia's stint as the town vixen... Personally, I think she adds a much needed dimension to the show, even if I could easily get by without the rest of her tedious family... The cabin scenes were atrocious and agree, the character development is lacking, as, overall, are decent casting, writing and production values...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

To the OP, yes, unfortunately !

Hopefully the idiot's brain exploded. 

Respected Contributor

I haven't watched that show in two years.  The writing is awful and the storylines are beyond ridiculous.  I don't know how it is still on the air!

Valued Contributor

@Novemberbaby wrote:

Well we knew this was the only way to get those women & half the town of GC from going to the slammer! They insult us at every turn & I am about to hang it up with this show. So many ridiculous storylines & everytime Nick says that JT has been living in the walls I just crack up! Kyle marrying Summer..what an idiot. Mia being preggers is another joke. No one ever see Dina anymore..guess she's locked in a room upstairs at the Abbott mansion. Children are rarely seen or heard from which is typical. The prison escape was laughable & the women in their designer prison duds! I realize this is a soap & not real life but that is a good thing. Fans keep watching but I am signing over & out!

@Novemberbaby 

I wish you would have stated this as a spoiler. I haven't seen the show yet.

Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1   I was surprised too that Victor wasn't the one who produced JT.

Although we don't know who's the one who steps up and save's the girls.....

Honored Contributor

Oh coiurse we knew he'd still be alive, who else is crazy and sick enough to lure a little girl into the walls of the mansion for who knows what reasons.

Now that he's back with three of four of the women who thought they killed him, where are the guys who are supposed to be protecting them? Where's the cop guy who's in on this too?

We'll need to wait until next week to find out how this all wraps up since there's basketball pre-empting Thursday & Friday shows.

Honored Contributor

yeah, how did somebody carve a hole in your wall of your home and install equipment without you knowing it or hearing it. Hired help would of heard the noise. Are there electric outlets inside your walls for you to plug in your equipment. Bet JT got a  eye full when Victor was released from jail and Nicki was real glad to see him and they proceeded upstairs. LOL

Honored Contributor

maybe he ran drop cords outside his rabbit hole up and down the hallway

and nobody wondered why. Was there a bathroom inside the wall ?

EWWW you know men

Respected Contributor

I think we all agree that the willing suspension of disbelief is ESSENTIAL for the watching of this "show". I use the term show loosley because a "show" is suppose to produce entertainment (not groans and eyerolls) and that has LONG been missing from Y&R. Hopefull with Mal gone things may perk up but I really don't think we can save the patient. Too far gone. RIP Y&R. No thrill all fill.

Honored Contributor

Once Eric Braedon, who, here lately is just a paper tiger is gone. Show will be like watching paint dry.