Honored Contributor

Re: ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ Y&R September 2018..SPOILERS! ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Just heard Jack say, "Maybe I should move back in".  Good grief!

Just how freaking big is this house supposed to be?  I mean the living room of this supposedly 'mansion' is about the size of my living room.

How many people are living in the house now?  I've lost count?  Where's the maid?  I never see her anymore.

She probably quit.  She's getting long in the tooth and every time she turns around someone new has moved in and she's cooking and cleaning and changing sheets and.....phew!  I'm getting tired just thinking about it!

Isn't her name Mayme (sp)?

@Annabellethecat66  Yes, itโ€™s Mamie or however itโ€™s spelled. She was the black maid. I think she went on a permanent vacay when it became politically incorrect. Enter Ms. Martinez...also a stereotype who isnโ€™t seen either. 

Rooms? Extra space in the pool house. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mamie had a personality (and casting) change mid-way through her stint... For many years, Mamie was portrayed as a sweet, kindly maternal figure... Then, she was recast and the new Mamie (who I personally didn't like half as much) seemed a little less maternal and kindly, a little more strident and a lot more involved with the family's business... She decided she was in love with John was bought off by Jill and took off when it became clear it was a hopeless situation. Drucilla was actually Mamie's niece... I think she resurfaced  at some point as a well to do woman, but ultimately seemed to disappear, being replaced by Mrs. Gonzalez... And I'm personally beginning to wonder if Mrs. Gonzalez is going to end up being related to Raturo and Rey...

Mamie 1

Image result for Marguerite Ray,

Mamie 2

Mamie Johnson.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Just heard Jack say, "Maybe I should move back in".  Good grief!

Just how freaking big is this house supposed to be?  I mean the living room of this supposedly 'mansion' is about the size of my living room.

How many people are living in the house now?  I've lost count?  Where's the maid?  I never see her anymore.

She probably quit.  She's getting long in the tooth and every time she turns around someone new has moved in and she's cooking and cleaning and changing sheets and.....phew!  I'm getting tired just thinking about it!

Isn't her name Mayme (sp)?

@Annabellethecat66  Yes, itโ€™s Mamie or however itโ€™s spelled. She was the black maid. I think she went on a permanent vacay when it became politically incorrect. Enter Ms. Martinez...also a stereotype who isnโ€™t seen either. 

Rooms? Extra space in the pool house. 

Sorry @Shanus but the pool house was already taken by my boy Kyle... Guess they're going to have to build another wing onto the Abbot manse... Maybe Raturo can do the job... But wait, with Ashley departing, I guess a room will become available... It's stupid for all those people to be hold up in one house when the Chancellor estate looms large, but there's something I kind of like about all the Abbots being back where they belong...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb. I have a feeling Billy Boy will be calling the moving company when he gets home from his Vegas gambling trip. Yes, he came clean w/ Phyllis about his addiction, but Kyle & Ashley are plotting to get him out of the Jabbottโ€™s cherished chief office. Perhaps heโ€™ll lose company bucks at the table. 

Is no one living at Chancellorโ€™s house? Hmmm. The Aussie moved out when Princess Lily took him back in. Jill & her crook of a husband are MIA. Way too big a place to stay empty. Maybe since Nick is insisting on purchasing a mansion for his dear Sharon, this would be a perfect pad for them. It should go on the auction block. With a lot of redecorating, it could be brought up to date. Faith, Mariah & Tessa and Noah (if he ever shows up again), all need a room. 

Can anyone explain how Nick had almost no money one day, insurance from bar burning down, donated his trust fund and no job, per se, but over night becomes the mini black knight of Dark Horse, another multimillion dollar company in a town w/ only 1 hotel, 1 coffee shop and 1 dept. store owned by Lauren? Letโ€™s get real. Thatโ€™s 4 billion dollar families in a one horse town in the middle of Wisconsin. Iโ€™m including Chancellor Industries even though no oneโ€™s seen their offices or know what they do. 

Speaking of addiction, why am I still watching this cwap?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus All interesting questions... And along with why we're still (semi) watching, why have the powers that be not yet given Mal his walking papers... The Chancellor manse appears, at this point, to be home only to Esther... Nice digs for the erstwhile maid... As for the ridiculous Nick story line (any and all Nick story lines...) and his Dark Horse's Ass enterprise, there's nothing one can say... I think we're all curious as to where he finds this bottomless well of money... And then there's Sharon... The ditz who has somehow now managed to finish college, ostensibly without attending classes or cracking a book... As for Billy... Eh... at one time I thought the character had promise, but, like so many before him, he's just become one dimensional and overbearing...

Honored Contributor

With all the money the Abbott family has why hasn't Jack hired a private investigator trained to find people? This storyline is beyond comprehension and at this point I don't care if he is an Abbott.

In addition why haven't they hired a nurse for Dina??

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

I can admit I hardly watch the Y&R anymore and when I do it's in bits and pieces.  Summer is truly a head job....I mean really where is Fairlawn when you need them.

Why did Phyllis and Billy both able body working adults with pretty decent job titles move in the Abbott house?  This show is also starting to become full of free loaders.  I guess anything to keep the same old and tired story going.

@loveschocolate-thanks for the spoilers!

Now, now @Luvitorleaveit1 maybe you've been away too long... That's Fairview, not Fairlawn... and yes, we always have a vacancy for Summer... It's in the locked ward where she'll never be heard from again... We've also got a room reserved for Mal, because if he thinks this mess is good television then he's more delusional than all the rest combined...

Honored Contributor

Summary for Monday, September 10th from soaps.com:

At the Club, Nikki peruses her invitation to Dark Horseโ€™s launch as Jack walks up and tells her thereโ€™s a โ€˜no mustacheโ€™ policy. Nikki agrees there could be trouble if Victor showed up. Just then, Victor appears. Jack leaves, and Victor chews about the doomed Dark Horse.

At the hotel in Vegas, Phyllis is ready to go home, but Billy makes a case for extending their trip. He enthuses that this is who they are; spontaneous, unpredictable, and passionate. They make love then talk turns to his gambling. Billy boasts that he can control this โ€“ he can kick butt then walk out. Phyllis admits heโ€™s been something this weekend.

At Crimson Lights, Sharon compliments Tessa, who stuns her by asking for an advanceโ€ฆon her next few months pay. Sharon nicely refuses as Rey appears. Tessa serves Charlie; she knows heโ€™s cutting class and understands. Charlie asks her to keep quiet about seeing him. Next, she serves Rey, who gets her talking about Phyllis and Victoria not being Sharonโ€™s favorites, and their charity thing. Sharon joins them, and Rey asks about Nick. Tessa shares that heโ€™s likely at Dark Horse preparing for his launch. Rey goes, and Sharon snaps at Tessa, then cautions her that heโ€™s a debt collector investigating JT. Tessa shrugs, โ€œI donโ€™t have JT stashed away anywhere, do you?โ€ Sharon decides to go ahead with the pay advanceโ€ฆin exchange for loyalty and discretion. Mariah arrives and is surprised she got the advance, but is still concerned how sheโ€™ll pay off the lowlifes. Tessa assures her sheโ€™ll find her way out of this. Mariah knows she asked Devon for a loan. Tessa realizes he probably doesnโ€™t believe her story, and thinks Mariah shouldnโ€™t either. She complains it would be easy for him to help. Mariah assures her theyโ€™ll figure this out together. Later, Mariah tells Sharon that Tessa needs money โ€“ a lot more than her advance. Sharon hears the story and questions if itโ€™s true and why Tessa doesnโ€™t go to the police. Mariah believes herโ€ฆor wants to so badly. Sharon wants her to take a critical look at this. Mariah muses, โ€œDid Tessa come back for me, or money?โ€

At the penthouse, Devon wants Shauna to try and have a good day at school; heโ€™s there if she needs to talk. Shauna admits sheโ€™s wondering how Lilyโ€™s doing. Once Devonโ€™s gone, Charlie arrives. Shauna says he canโ€™t be there, but heโ€™s upset about Lily. Devon returns for his back-up drive and is upset theyโ€™re together there. Shauna explains Charlie just wanted to talk. Shaunaโ€™s sent to school, then Charlie tells Devon he canโ€™t function. Heโ€™s going to suffer through his motherโ€™s sentence because itโ€™s all his fault. Devon hugs him and says they can play the blame game all day โ€“ he should have been there. Charlie presses Devon to visit Lily. Devon doesnโ€™t think itโ€™s a good idea. Charlie says heโ€™ll go to school if Devon visits Lily.

At the Abbott house, Lauren complains to Jack about Phyllis not being back yet. Jack doesnโ€™t know what to tell her. Lauren complains about Billyโ€™s power struggle with Ashley โ€“ it could harm Fenmoreโ€™s no matter who wins. She phones Phyllis, who assures her sheโ€™ll be home tonight. Lauren disconnects and tells Jack that Phyllis is with Billy and she canโ€™t rely on her. Talk turns to Jackโ€™s paternity quest. He shows her the photo and Lauren says that man is her father โ€“ itโ€™s a young Neil Fenmore. Jack muses, โ€œCould it be?โ€ Lauren gasps, โ€œIt better not be.โ€ Jack wants a DNA test. Lauren wants a shortcut โ€“ sheโ€™s not leaving until they prove she and Jill didnโ€™t sleep with their half-brother. Lauren figures out with blood types that itโ€™s not possible for Jack to be Neilโ€™s. Jack muses about the other guys in the photo. Lauren knows one of them โ€“ Stuart Brooks. Jack dated his daughter Peggy, so Lauren hopes they can take him off the list too. They look with a magnifying glass at a man Lauren doesnโ€™t recognize. Jack needs to find out who he is.

At the Club, Victor spots Rey. He wants to know what heโ€™s all about and calls him over to join them. Victor mentions his finance job and Rey admits heโ€™s a debt collector. Talk turns to Arturo, and Rey reveals their situation growing up, before asking if theyโ€™re attending Nickโ€™s launch. Nikki pretends not to know about it. Rey hopes they can put aside their issues to celebrate Nickโ€™s success tomorrow night. After Reyโ€™s gone, Victor announces he trusts him more than he trusts Arturo with Abby. Something about Rey bothers Nikki. Elsewhere, Rey phones someone and says heโ€™s making his move tomorrow night.

In Vegas, Phyllis works to convince Billy she needs to return to her corporate job. They end up having sex again. After, Billy rides a wave of not having to hold back who he is anymore. Itโ€™s a gift and heโ€™s going to give it back to her. Billy gets a text and learns the poker tournament wants him back next weekend. He celebrates while Phyllis looks worried.

A Look ๐Ÿ‘€ Ahead to Tuesday, September 11th:

Nickโ€™s launch takes an unexpected turn.

Honored Contributor

Young and Restless spoilers for Monday September 10:

In todayโ€™s Y&R recap, Lauren thinks Jackโ€™s her half-brother and Rey plans to make his move.

Billy pushes the envelope.

Nikki feeds Victor a cover story.

Jack gets an offer of inside information from Lauren.

Y&R spoilers for Tuesday September 11:

Nick's big night takes an unforeseen turn.

Rey shows who he really is.

Summer and Kyle get passionate.

Coming back... Beth Maitland returns to Y&R as Traci Abbott.

Y&R spoilers for Wednesday September 12:

Victor gets a reminder of the past.

Victoria feels cornered.

A friend needs help as Lauren Woodland returns to Y&R as Brittany Hodges Guittierez.

Y&R spoilers for Thursday September 13:

Devon makes a decision regarding Lily.

Tessa finds herself in danger.

Rey has to do damage control.

Y&R spoilers for Friday September 14:

Abby makes a stunning admission.

Tension rises between Billy and Ashley.

Kyle notices someone new.

Lola is seen for the first time in Genoa City as Sasha Calle joins Y&R as Arturo and Rey's sister.

More Y&R spoilers...

Mariah covers the launch of Dark Horse for GC Buzz.

Lily asks Devon, โ€œAre you saying that you forgive me?โ€

Kyle kisses Summer, who tells him thatโ€™s enough foreplay. She asks him to take off his shoes as itโ€™s time to settle this bet.

Jack tells Lauren, โ€œI have reason to believe my father is in this picture.โ€

Lauren looks and exclaims, โ€œMy father is in this picture โ€“ thatโ€™s a young Neil Fenmore.โ€

Rey tells someone on the phone, โ€œIโ€™m making my moveโ€ฆtomorrow.โ€

Billy takes a risk.

Nick's taken by surprise.

Victoria relaxes her defenses.

Jack's world is turned upside-down.

Rey turns out to be a detective investigating JT's disappearance for the GCPD and shows up at the Dark Horse launch to arrest Nick.

The truth about JT comes out.

Jack briefly thinks his father might be Neil Fenmore, but Lauren later realizes the man in the photo is not her father after all.

Abby shows the photo of Dina and the man on GC Buzz and it shocks Victor, since the man appears to be his father, Albert Miller.

Coming up on Y&R...

Nick confesses.

Kyle goes too far.

Victor squares off with Jack.

Summer makes an admission.

Fall Preview for Y&R...

Jack's worst nightmare could become a reality as his search for his biological father winds up.

While Summer's attraction to Billy continues to grow, Phyllis will go to extremes to try to save Billy when he spirals.

Summer uses the secret about Nick and Phyllis to her advantage as she escalates her pursuit of Billy. This development sends Kyle towards someone unlike Summer.

Kyle's ruthlessness stuns Ashley, who has her sights set on running Jabot.

Nikki's unable to make peace between Nick and Victor.

Victor gets information that could help someone he cares about, but could threaten the legacy he's built.

Nikki struggles to help Victoria while keeping their secret.

Mariah is happy to have her relationship with Tessa out in the open, but Tessa is hiding something.

Nick and Sharon each struggle to keep the secrets they're hiding from one another. Someone else finds out about Nick's night with Phyllis, and Sharon debates telling Nick about what happened to JT.

Honored Contributor

Occasionally, I'll sit for a bit and contemplate all the good things that could be done with this show if anyone invovled only had the vision to do it... Such a shame the way it's gone as it has...