Honored Contributor

Re: ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ Y&R September 2018..SPOILERS! ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ

@silkyk wrote:

@hsawaknow wrote:

Very Impressive today while I was having my coffee! Billy not lying to Phyliss about going to Vegas in a poker match! Of course we now know Kyle is behind his invitation with the mysterious character with shocking pink hair. 

Aside from Dinah having her moment in time, and Nick meeting Ray and finding out that the Rat is his brother it was kinda bland for me.

At least everyone had their shirts on.

And their panties.....ooooops.........probably not Summer. She strikes me as a comando kinda gal.

She's repugnant... If she wears undies, they're probably, well, I won't go there...

As for shirtless, I'm good with Kyle going shirtless, but that's about it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just can't warm up to any of the happenings highlighed in the spoilers... They've failed to instll any real connection to these characters so I don't know how they expect the audience to really care about them one way or the other... 

As for B&B... they do have nice production values and because the characters have mostly evolved over time, love them or hate them, one can have a connection to most of them; but believe me, having watched it for many years... it too can become just as stale as any of the others... At one time, to me, it was one of the best soaps on. When I tried tuning in more recently, I lost interest pretty fast... Still, it's probably worth a look...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I wonder if Y&R would benefit by going to a 30 minute long show, like B&B is?  Did Y&R start as a half hour & go to a one hour, or has it always been a 1 hour?  I started watching in about 1980 & I think it was 1 hour at that point, though most of the original core families, like the Brooks & Fosters were gone by then.

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01, I think all the older soaps started out at 1/2 hour shows.

Trusted Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

@loveschocolate@aubnwa01

I think some early ones were even just 15 minutes.  

Honored Contributor

I'm just now watching Y&R from today.  Sharon greets Nick in bra and underwear.

I was just thinking I wonder how many times over the year those two have locked lips.  

I wonder what the record is in soap land for couples who've kissed the most over the years.

Honored Contributor

Just heard Jack say, "Maybe I should move back in".  Good grief!

Just how freaking big is this house supposed to be?  I mean the living room of this supposedly 'mansion' is about the size of my living room.

How many people are living in the house now?  I've lost count?  Where's the maid?  I never see her anymore.

She probably quit.  She's getting long in the tooth and every time she turns around someone new has moved in and she's cooking and cleaning and changing sheets and.....phew!  I'm getting tired just thinking about it!

Isn't her name Mayme (sp)?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, itโ€™s Mrs. Martinez now. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate Yes!  Now I remember!  It was Mayme (I know that's wrong spelling) at one time though wasn't it?

Am I remembering wrong?  Totally possible!

Honored Contributor

@trenet wrote:

@loveschocolate wrote:

@loveschocolate@aubnwa01

I think some early ones were even just 15 minutes.  

@trenet  I think when I was home sick from grade school, As The World Turns and Guiding Light were 15 min. or 1/2 hr. each. Oh wow, my brain hurts thinking back that far. ๐Ÿ˜“