Honored Contributor

Re: ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ Y&R September 2018..SPOILERS! ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ

@eddyandme Like I said, I think the best bet is to clean house from top to bottom and start from scratch. There's nothing here worth salvaging and the head writing and production hochos have proven they're utterly worthless.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

The most interesting thing on today's show was seeing the Ashby's kitchen.  I didn't know they had one!  More interesting than the courtroom bla bla bla!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I started watching Y&R when it first aired decades ago, then stopped. I just started watching it again a couple months ago. Some really stupid story lines, I have to say. 

One thing I am confused about. Who exactly is JT? Was Victoria married to him? From what I can gather, he worked security for Newman, he was abusive to Victoria, then Victoria/Sharon/Nicky/Phyllis were involved in his demise. 

Edited to add, this Rey guy is a strange, creepy addition.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Summary for Wednesday, September 5th from soaps.com:

In prison, Lily sits on her bunk and rocks, listening to the sounds around her. She looks at family photos and her smile turns to tears.

At Cane and Lily's, the kids argue while Cane stares off into space while making the kids waffles on their first day of school. They attempt to eat and Charlie ponders staying home. Cane says they need to keep moving forward. Mattie knows that's what her mom wants. Cane says it'll be okay. They'll visit Lily tomorrow. Cane tells them to call if they need him. Sam starts to cry and he goes off to care for him. Mattie offers Charlie a ride but he declines.

Mariah walks into Devon's office, surprised he's there. He muses that couldn't get much work done at home and when she asks, he fills her in on his sister's sentencing and how he spoke out on Lily's behalf. cane makes pancakesHe's clear that this doesn't mean he forgives her. Mariah is sure with good behavior she'll will be out much sooner and assumes Lily's grateful to him for speaking out. This lightens Devon's heart some. Mariah goes and Nate appears to see how Devon's doing. Devon's trying not to blame himself. Nate's supportive. He suggests visiting her and Devon refuses.

Summer storms into her apartment and reads a note from Phyllis explaining that she and Billy moved out.

At the Abbott mansion, Kyle and Phyllis discuss Summer returning today. Phyllis smirks. She doesn't think her daughter can outdo her in the revenge department. Dina appears with popcorn and says they're watching On the Waterfront with "dreamy" Marlon Brando. Phyllis takes Kyle aside and questions him. He tells her this makes Dina happy and that's all that matters. Phyllis thinks it's beautiful how he's doting over a woman who has no idea who he is.

Summer arrives in a rage. Kyle tells the ladies to take their argument outside. They ignore him. Half watching the movie, Dina snipes that if they're going to argue to at least speak louder so she doesn't have to strain to listen. Summer snarks about being sent away and asks if Phyllis locked Billy up in the basement. Phyllis says he was in her bed this morning. Dina barks out a laugh. Phyllis can't believe Summer's wasting time on a man in a relationship. Summer snorts that her mother knows nothing about monogamy. They argue about who the biggest hypocrite is and who is smarter until Dina starts to cry and asks Kyle to make them stop. As Kyle drags Summer out, Phyllis and Dina watch Brando strut his stuff in the movie. When Phyllis suggests a stroll outside, Dina grabs her purse and Phyllis tells her to sit outside while she takes a call. Once Dina leaves, Phyllis gossips about Summer to Lauren and once she's done, she can't find Dina outside.

At Crimson Lights, Tessa tries to keep it together while falling behind with getting coffee orders. A line forms as Mariah walks in and immediately gets to work on making coffee. Tessa's grateful. Mariah makes a verbal list on what to do for the next rush. Mariah offers to help with money but Tessa can't let her. In walks Charlie. Tessa makes him a coffee and he lies that there's a teacher's conference today. Tessa's skeptical and when her back is turned, Charlie has disappeared. Summer and Kyle arrive and she continues to b*tch about her mom. He asks how long it took her to figure out she'd been played. She complains there was nothing to do and she never saw it coming. Tessa and Mariah appear. Summer's shocked she returned and notices Mariah put her arm around Tessa and asks, "Is this a thing?" They ignore her and mock her for going on a cruise after working only three months. Summer looks as though she smelled something bad and lies that she needed "alone time." The women leave and Summer texts Billy, asking if he wants to see her tan lines. Meanwhile, Tessa approaches Devon. She's sorry for his loss. Devon asks what she wants. Tessa needs 20 grand for her sister. Devon says she already blew her second chance with him.

Nate arrives at Cane's and they discuss the kids putting on a brave front while Cane's managing. He's upset that Lily can't have any visitors for the first 48 hours and wishes Devon could help. Nate doubts that'll happen.

Kyle returns to the mansion and Phyllis panics and tells him Dina's missing. Kyle says to relax. He has a tracker in her purse. She's in the den. Dina reappears. She's dying to watch Brando in their matinee.

Devon interrupts Mariah at home. They discuss Tessa's return and Devon relays their conversation and his skepticism over the reason Tessa needs the cash.

A Look ๐Ÿ‘€ Ahead to Thursday, September 6th:

Abby stands up for Arturo.

Honored Contributor

Maybe Raturo's brother will mess up and they'll get rid of him at the same time!

I know soaps are very 'leave reality at the door' but come on!  You can't tell me Lilly's family wouldn't want to throw Devon out the window for his 'talk' about his nano-second wife in court!  Ugh!

That entire scenario was....well...dumb.  It's not like I have a thing one way or another for Lilly and her gang, but good grief!.....

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer, long, long ago Victoria was married to JT and they had a son (Reed). They divorced and he got together with Mac, moved away with her and had kids. He recently came back to GC and they got back together but he turned abusive to her. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Maybe Raturo's brother will mess up and they'll get rid of him at the same time!

I know soaps are very 'leave reality at the door' but come on!  You can't tell me Lilly's family wouldn't want to throw Devon out the window for his 'talk' about his nano-second wife in court!  Ugh!

That entire scenario was....well...dumb.  It's not like I have a thing one way or another for Lilly and her gang, but good grief!.....

Ratman, Summer, the entire Ashby-Winters group,including Devon and Shauna; along with Tessa and Mariah (I'm getting sick of her too) can all take a one-way trip to Never-Neverland, imho!  Perhaps they can free up some cash keeping Kyle and Dina and perhaps bringing back some 'old-time' characters (like the one who had a fling with Phyllis).  Haven't watched this cotinuously as long as most, but imho they've got too many characters and SLs going nowhere.

Figured they did the Devon-Lily court thing as a way of getting rid of them, as they got rid of OGH.  Of course, Mal blew that as I along with many others, I believe, were waiting for the princess witch to get twenty!  Woman FrustratedAll that SL was for nothing.....  And now, we've got to watch Cane and kids eating waffles - give me a break, Mal!  Perhaps Mal was hired to take this show into oblivionWoman Sad.

Respected Contributor

I am so glad they threw in Devons stages of grief about Lilly because as a viewer, just a few days ago he didn't even want to look at her...lol 

Nate is becoming a wheres Waldo. He appears everywhere, thank gawd he owns a suit, I was hoping he might of pulled a Clark Kent and went into the Mens bathroom and took off his jacket, shirt, and tie and talked to her shirtless. ...maybe next time....

So whats up with Tessa? I smell something cooking[again] and Mariah will buy right into it, with Saron being skeptical. We'll have to painfully watch this story unfold. 

Complaints or Comments for the day:

Naked Nate owns a  suit, but why did he have to be at the court house. He barely knows these people. Was Neil there? If he was I must of missed him while getting my coffee.

Christine really needs to do something with her hair! She has had that same syle for 10 years and it does not look good on her.

Well tomorrow is another day, I will have to see what happens. Yes I am restless because its getting boring and Im not getting any younger.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

@loveschocolate...thanks for the response. Smiley Happy

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@hsawaknow....yes, I have noticed that Nate appears EVERYWHERE. What's up with that??? Neil was not at the hearing.