Honored Contributor

Re: ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ Y&R September 2018..SPOILERS! ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ

@AuntG Lily hated Hilary for most of her run and while it was largely justified, she also failed to respect the fact that Devon had made his choice and that Hilary was trying to turn her life around... She also seems not to recognize that there have been times when Lily herself was no angel... Devon asking for the maximum sentence is completely plot driven...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Devon painted Lily as someone who abhorred Hilary. I knew they fought, but was their relationship so bad that he would ask for the maximum sentence?

@AuntG

YES, DEFINITELY - SHE WAS A REAL WITCH!

Honored Contributor

As of this week I'm again contemplating deletion of Young and Restless from the list of shows my DVR is programmed to record daily. I'll still catch it from time to time but I guess this is my version both of a vote of 'no confidence' and of 'cancellation'... The show sucks...

Honored Contributor

Summary for Tuesday, September 4th from soaps.com:

At Sharonโ€™s place, she tells Mariah that Tessa can't stay there. Mariah's taken aback - she's starting from scratch and came back to be with her. Sharon doesn't want Tessa taking advantage. Mariah argues that Tessa makes her happy and risked everything to come back there. Sharon asks what she risked and becomes suspicious. Tessa appears as Sharon reiterates she's reluctant to have her stay there. Tessa tells Sharon she's leaving today and thanks her. Mariah worries about where she'll go and can't understand what's wrong with her moving in. Tessa doesn't want to disrupt Sharon and Nick's lives and will figure something out. She understands why Sharon doesn't trust her. Sharon leaves for work. Tessa assures Mariah she came back to be with her, but she owes a lot of money, and knows it's complicated. Mariah has no feelings in her gut about this, and explains how she grew up with a false sense of what love is. She wanted love; something real, but was ill-equipped to get it due to her past.Mariah adds she joked about it and couldnโ€™t really put her heart out there. Tessa wants her to want this. Mariah does, but needs to go slow. Talk turns to getting Tessa settled โ€“ she needs to make money and find a place to live. Mariah has an idea, so they head out.

At the courthouse, the judge asks Lily to rise and announces he has made a decision and will deliver justice for the deceased. Devon interrupts, and blurts, "I can't let this happen." Michael and Christine debate, and the judge allows Devon to speak. Devon recalls how he came to think of his sister as 'the defendant' so he could ask for the maximum sentence. He realizes this is not what his wife would want - he was so focused on getting justice for her and their child, he blinded himself to the person who first befriended and helped him. He doesn't want Lily's kids to become adults without their mother, and believes Hilary would agree the guilt is punishment enough. He asks the judge to please let that be enough. The judge questions him changing his mind - was he pressured? Devon promises he wasn't; the problem with grief is that everything constantly changes. He thinks putting Lily behind bars would be another wrong done. He'd like to be free to honor his wife, and if he's the reason his sister goes to jail, there will be no freedom for him. The judge calls a recess to reconsider.

The Ashbys speculate with Michael whether this will help. To Lily, what Devon said was everything. Nate tells Devon that what he did took heart. Lily approaches and thanks Devon for what he said. Devon doesnโ€™t forgive her โ€“ he doesnโ€™t think theyโ€™ll ever come back from this. Lily will never stop loving him or trying to make amends. Devon walks out and Cane follows. Charlie asks Michael if he believes what Devon said will make a difference. Michaelโ€™s non-committal. Charlie worries he made things worse by not saying anything about his mom running the red light. Michael tells him itโ€™s impossible to know. Nearby, Mattie and Lily agree they needed to hear the words Devon said, even if it doesnโ€™t affect her sentence.

At Crimson Lights, Cane tries to convince Devon they need to be together for the sentencing. Devon doesnโ€™t want to be there and see them celebrate โ€“ heโ€™s looking at photos and misses his wife. Cane admits heโ€™s scared the judge will tear his family apart โ€“ he needs Devon there. Cane exits. Sharon joins Devon and learns Lilyโ€™s sentencing is right now. Devon reveals that in the end he asked for leniency. Sharon realizes he thinks his family will move on and forget whatโ€™s happened to him, and advises that resentment and anger dishonor Hilary and his child. She speaks of her own experience, losing Cassie, and urges him to cherish the family he still has. Sharon thinks Lily will need him there if sheโ€™s sentenced to jail.

After, Mariah appeals to Sharon to speak to Nick on Tessaโ€™s behalf with regard to her apartment โ€“ this is someone she cares about. Sharon has doubts, and Mariah concedes she does too, but Sharon taught her not to let her fear of love stop her. Sharonโ€™s worried, but agrees to offer Tessa a couple shifts at the coffeehouse when asked. Itโ€™s established Tessa will take the job and she thanks Mariah; she hopes she never lets her down.

Cane returns to the court and reassures Lily. Devon eventually appears. The judge reconvenes the hearing, and recaps the accident and Devon revising his victim impact statement โ€“ this caused his decision to change. He says justice must be served for Hilary and her unborn child. Lily is fined, her driving license is suspended, and sheโ€™s sentenced to 12 months in Walworth State Penitentiary. Lily says goodbye to her family as Devon approaches - he didnโ€™t want this to happen to her. She tells him he did more than she hoped for; more than she deserved. Cane pulls the teary Lily into an embrace.

A Look ๐Ÿ‘€ Ahead to Wednesday, September 5th:

Summer returns from Jaboat.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

As of this week I'm again contemplating deletion of Young and Restless from the list of shows my DVR is programmed to record daily. I'll still catch it from time to time but I guess this is my version both of a vote of 'no confidence' and of 'cancellation'... The show sucks...

Iโ€™m at that same crossroads after todayโ€™s episode @stevieb. I fast forwarded through the Hamilton Ashby Show and OMG, do they still say โ€œGag me with a spoonโ€? Thatโ€™s my summary of today. Why bother? Show an old episode.....one of Victor & Nikiโ€™s 12 weddings maybe. Even better, letโ€™s go back to the days of Brad and Tracey. Where are THOSE writers? This is a plea. If you guys have not passed away, come back and breathe some life into this show. Hmmmm. Not sure even CPR could pull this soap back from the brink now. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Iโ€™m at that same crossroads after todayโ€™s episode @stevieb. I fast forwarded through the Hamilton Ashby Show and OMG, do they still say โ€œGag me with a spoonโ€? Thatโ€™s my summary of today. Why bother? Show an old episode.....one of Victor & Nikiโ€™s 12 weddings maybe. Even better, letโ€™s go back to the days of Brad and Tracey. Where are THOSE writers? This is a plea. If you guys have not passed away, come back and breathe some life into this show. Hmmmm. Not sure even CPR could pull this soap back from the brink now. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

@Shanus Thanks for letting me know. I had taped today's show, but now I know I can delete it... Looking at the spoilers all invovling the boring Tessa storyline and the Ashby's I see I can skip tomorrow as well... I knew Devon would cave, but it looks like Lily moving to recurring status will be explained by the verdict... I never thought I'd actively dislike this show, but it's just gotten so very lame...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Shanus Thanks for letting me know. I had taped today's show, but now I know I can delete it... Looking at the spoilers all invovling the boring Tessa storyline and the Ashby's I see I can skip tomorrow as well... I knew Devon would cave, but it looks like Lily moving to recurring status will be explained by the verdict... I never thought I'd actively dislike this show, but it's just gotten so very lame...

@stevieb  They can definitely skip the โ€œwhat happenedโ€ & the โ€œwhatโ€™s going to happenโ€. There are no surprises here. Just boredom and regret for wasting my time. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus Like others, I hate to see the remaining soaps bite the dust, but I've faced the reality that this show just isn't entertaining anymore. There is not one single thing going on that would compel me to watch this nonsense day after day. The story lines are contrived and uninteresting and the characters aren't likable, even those that are supposed to be. The casting, overall, has been awful leading to acting that is all too often marginal and downright amateurish in some cases. The sets and costumes are often ridiculous and some sets are so over-used as to be completely boring. There's too much focus on 'business' storylines at the expense of pretty much everything else. They drag poorly developed storylines on forever and almost never resolve anything to the audience's satisfaction... I'm just done... 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Shanus Like others, I hate to see the remaining soaps bite the dust, but I've faced the reality that this show just isn't entertaining anymore. There is not one single thing going on that would compel me to watch this nonsense day after day. The story lines are contrived and uninteresting and the characters aren't likable, even those that are supposed to be. The casting, overall, has been awful leading to acting that is all too often marginal and downright amateurish in some cases. The sets and costumes are often ridiculous and some sets are so over-used as to be completely boring. There's too much focus on 'business' storylines at the expense of pretty much everything else. They drag poorly developed storylines on forever and almost never resolve anything to the audience's satisfaction... I'm just done... 

@stevieb  Iโ€™m still going to check it out once in awhile. There may be a mass murder. Hopefully, itโ€™ll be the writers for ruining my favorite soap!!

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

You summed it up, @stevieb.  Was only watching with the hope that the Princess would be jailed for life and the Asby-Winters clan would be on their way Down Under:  Nate, Neil and Cane are such despicable bloats!  Now Summer's coming off Jaboat!  Beyond repair at this point.  Don't think an ace writer could salvage this mess at this point.  Unfortunately, this comes on at lunchtime - only news, talk shows (which I hate) and HGTV repeats are on then!