Respected Contributor

Re: 👠👛 Y&R SEPTEMBER 2019 SPOILERS! 👛👠

@SharkE wrote:

What works for us the best is a 2300 sq ft house and lots of TV's.

2 1/2 acres of ground for him to mess around on. LOL

Get your DH a riding mower and set him loose on that acreage! Worked for me lol! The first year he's home all day is the hardest as you establish new routines. After that enjoy!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There was another short thread about the show yesterday and the consensus there, both about the specific (all Billy all the time) show and the show overall, is that things are pretty bad. Most of us here seem to think the show is running out of steam, and for it to have lost almost a million viewers there must be an awful lot of folks out there thinking it's ready for the city dump. I seriously wonder when CBS and Sony will just decide to pull it off the air. Let's face it, over the past few years, they've tried four sets of writers and producers and they've all stunk. None of them has been able to stem the tide of those tuning out. They haven't been able to offer a consistently good product that builds on any kind of short-term gains but rather seem to keep losing ground. At what point do they decide it's simply not worth it. Part of me would hate to see it go but the way things are now, I wouldn't miss it. It really isn't entertaining anymore and yes, it really is that bad.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I didn't watch yesterday's show. I wasn't interested. I wonder if they will now drop this awful Billy story and whether or not that show was a way to quickly wrap up yet another misguided story line that they began to understand the audience wasn't buying into... 

Some of the soap sites indicated the writers surprise that their story lines weren't being well received. While I don't see how they could be surprised, as poorly conceived as most of them have been, it appears they cut short the custody battle story line because it wasn't gaining a popular reception and I have to wonder if the Crazy Billy story line wasn't pretty much tanking too... Honestly, I don't personally think they've got a decent story line going and haven't really had one since this writing team took over... They all seem very poorly thought out and very superficial... They have no substance to begin with and yet they drag them out for way too long, so the overall sense is that things are going nowhere...

Honored Contributor

OK, so we have Jackie Boy in Sedona looking for his missing “piece” and who shows up, but Sharon of the Revolving Pants. They spoke about being married. Either at my age, I’m losing brain cells or the marriage only lasted a NY minute. When did this occur? Sharon Abott doesn’t ring a bell.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@kelsey17 wrote:

Today i mostly FF the "Billy" show..and just kept wondering WHY a day devoted to this ridiculous storyline........then i started wondering if the powers that be are being pressured by fans to bring back Billy Miller since he is now a free agent since the writers of Y&R have made the present Billy character totally disliked by the viewers........are they trying to resurrect this Billy to try and make him more "likeable" and make him in his fantasies to regret all the stupid actions the writers have made him jump through over the past year as a despicable character???  In order not to have to think about getting Billy Millers popular portrayal of Billy return?

Whatever their reasons, it was a dumb idea... Personally, as someone mentioned earlier, I think this was put together as part of what they hope will be a successful Emmy reel... Y&R didn't win a single acting award last year... I also think it was a quick way to hopefully wrap up what proved to be another unsuccessful story line...

As for Miller, he, like Stafford (and, for that matter, Muhney) was a place in time... Stafford's less than rousing return is evidence of that... While I get it that the nitwits running this show seem to think everything old is new again, that strategy isn't working out for them, as evidenced by the huge drop in ratings... 

I am not sure if Billy's role has been major enough for a Emmy nod........which if he ever won would be hysterical....

As far as a means to avoid the whole Billy M. thing......

i do agree with you about Stafford because Gina outacted her in that role..........and Muhney had the issues with Summer's claim .......................but Billy Miller left on pretty good terms and his replacement Jason Thompson (although i liked him in General Hospital)  never really 

grasped the role and i am not sure how many viewers actually took to him......especially with the despicable character the writers turned him into.....................

If there is one person who i think could get an Emmy for his performance sofar it is the actor who plays Adam now..............i wasn't happy that he is a younger actor playing an older person part.........and not seeing "hot" in his list of credits......BUT he has done a great job with the acting............giving credit where credit is due.................

As stupid as these shows are...........and so many times i FF...........they are still something i look forward to because the majority of TV offerings stink.........this way i can watch and complain  or actually enjoy a show's script  at times!!!  Hope they don't cancel ...but unless they find some actual real "storyteller/writers" i am thinking the show won't be around long and CBS will give that time slot to some out of work tv personality for another stupid talk show

Honored Contributor

Wish they would hurry up and show Victor. Where's he at ?

Nate would have to know something he would still be doctoring him.

Why victoria wants that big mass of hair is beyond my comprehension .

Weighs more then she does. You can't see her face half the time, and the other half she is moving that thick , heavy mane over one shoulder or using her ears to keep it back off her face.

I can't imagine keeping that much hair dyed and maintained. Cut that mess!

Wonder if she is Amish or something.

No wonder Adam is so thin and gaunt he never eats just swills alcohol

all day long.

Trusted Contributor

Today’s show was a snooze fest. 😴 Lately it’s like watching paint dry. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kelsey17  About the Emmy's... a few years back the daytimers went with a similar premise as the prime time Emmy's, which is to say they no longer give the award to the best all around performer in any given category, but for a specific performance or 'reel' submitted by that performer... In other words, someone could act their azz off all year and lose to someone who happened to submit a reel with five good minutes of acting... Strikes me as a really bad way to handle things but there you have it... Note, they no longer say 'best actor in a supporting role' but something along the lines of 'best performance by an actor in a supporting role'... The nuance is everything...

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@kelsey17  About the Emmy's... a few years back the daytimers went with a similar premise as the prime time Emmy's, which is to say they no longer give the award to the best all around performer in any given category, but for a specific performance or 'reel' submitted by that performer... In other words, someone could act their azz off all year and lose to someone who happened to submit a reel with five good minutes of acting... Strikes me as a really bad way to handle things but there you have it... Note, they no longer say 'best actor in a supporting role' but something along the lines of 'best performance by an actor in a supporting role'... The nuance is everything...

Thanks for the info....wasn't aware of that...i did think it was overall acting.....i still would be shocked if Jason T.

was nominated ...hahah.....and pass out if he actually WON it !!

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

OK, so we have Jackie Boy in Sedona looking for his missing “piece” and who shows up, but Sharon of the Revolving Pants. They spoke about being married. Either at my age, I’m losing brain cells or the marriage only lasted a NY minute. When did this occur? Sharon Abott doesn’t ring a bell.

@ShanusDon't you know Sharon has been married to everyone!!

I remembered it but not the year.  The wikipedia on Jack says it was in 2007.