Honored Contributor

Re: Y&R October 2017... SPOILERS!!! ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽƒ

Summary for Wednesday, October 4th from soaps.com:

Jack holds the elevator for Victoria at Jabot, and they proceed to spar verbally about competing and brag about their latest strategies. After, Jack pulls Ravi into his office and reminds him to contact him the minute Billy accesses their server again โ€“ heโ€™s positive he wonโ€™t be able to resist.

At the Club, Billy tells Phyllis he booked her a massage in the spa. He takes a call from Victoria, who warns Jack has a new plan, but she doesnโ€™t want Billy accessing the Jabot server again. Billy disconnects. He informs Phyllis heโ€™ll look after her laptop while sheโ€™s in her treatment, then calls Vikki back to debate the need to access Jabotโ€™s server. Billy thinks it over, then does it.

In Dinaโ€™s suite, she flashes to arguing with Ashley about Graham. Ash arrives, and confronts her mother about sending Victor photos of Jack and Nikki. Dina defends herself. Ash returns her motherโ€™s computer and apologizes for accusing Graham of cyber-theftโ€ฆthough heโ€™s still a liar. Graham enters. Ashley begrudgingly admits he didnโ€™t steal confidential files. Graham alludes to them being more alike than she realizes. Ash snipes that sheโ€™s honest and trustworthy. Once sheโ€™s gone, Graham rants about Ashley spewing lies about him. Dina confronts him about Ashleyโ€™s claim that his mother is alive. Graham calls it a twisted tale and reports the woman in the retirement home is his aunt, not his mother. Dina wonders why he kept this from her, and supposes he wanted to keep quiet about his good deed. She complains about her children. Graham says Ashley can treat him however she wants; the truth will come out in the end.

Nick arrives at the penthouse and updates Chelsea that the issue with his checking account was no mistake โ€“ it was his dadโ€™s doing. He reveals that this hack has Kevin Fisherโ€™s name all over it; heโ€™s back in town. Chelseaโ€™s confused. Nick relays how he came to the conclusion that Victor did this with Kevinโ€™s help. Chelsea hugs Nick, who explains Vic is taking back the lawsuit money he won from him. They remark on him making nice with Abby and Victoria. Nick reflects that his dad always gets what he wants, but this time it will end differently. Chelsea worries about how much more damage will be done before then. Nick guesses emptying his account is the start of something bigger to make him look incompetent โ€“ he wonโ€™t let his dad get away with it. โ€œI know what I have to do, and heโ€™ll never see it coming.โ€

Ashley arrives at Jabot and commiserates with Jack about their issues with Dina and Billy. Jack reads her the fake memo he planted on the server about cutting the budget for their menโ€™s line. He canโ€™t wait to see the looks on Billy and Victoriaโ€™s faces when they learn he actually doubled that budget. Ashley is sour that Jack is escalating things. Ravi knocks and reports Dinaโ€™s password was used to access the Jabot server. Jack smirks. โ€œBilly Abbott strikes again.โ€ Ash is disgruntled โ€“ she hates this! Jack insists they have to stand up for their dadโ€™s company. Ashley is with him. When Phyllis arrives, Ravi and Ashley file out.

In the hall, Ravi feels heโ€™s helping protect Jabot. Ashley thanks him for being her rock. Talk turns to Ravi coming up empty searching for Grahamโ€™s Genoa City school records. They  wonder if he went by another name, but Ash decides they should focus on Myrna Bloodworth and where she worked to unravel the mystery.

In Jackโ€™s office, Phyllis discusses the skewed Fenmoreโ€™s sales with Jack, who informs her he doesnโ€™t need her help. He thinks Victoriaโ€™s company is going under; they cannot win this race.

Down at Brash & Sassy, Victoria is irked that Billy spied on Jabot again, but marvels that theyโ€™re pulling back on their menโ€™s line. She worries about getting into a financial trap, as Billyโ€™s plan to capitalize on Jabot leaving a gap in menโ€™s products will cost them a fortune. Billy enthuses that expanding their menโ€™s line will be worth it, but they have to act immediately. Victoria decides, โ€œLetโ€™s do it.โ€

A Look Ahead to Thursday, October 5th:

Myrna warns Graham not to get soft, not when theyโ€™re so close to paying 'that bitch' Dina back for what she did to them.

Billy says to Vikki, โ€œAfter all weโ€™ve done to beat Jack, it could all be for nothing.โ€

Ashley holds an Innovator of the Year Award as Jack says, โ€œYour name and Dadโ€™s will be linked together forever with this honor.โ€

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the spoilers, @loveschocolate.

I can't imagine what Nick plans to do but it will be nothing compared Mr. Mean Jeans Victor Newman.  Anytime you purposely hurt your kids, you're biting your nose off to spite your face (I think that's how it goes).  I'd never purposely hurt one of my kids. Most people wouldn't.

Graham's mother is a witch.  Dina must have hurt her pretty bad.  Funny how these people are trying to get revenge about something decades ago.

โ€œYou canโ€™t wait until life isnโ€™t hard anymore to be happyโ€. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, Itโ€™s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Uh huh. The decades old vendetta is something I too have noted having a hard time wrapping my head around. If this is about Dina having dallied with Brent, that story is as old as Ashley and so just now, forty or so years later, let's exact revenge. Like most of the stories they've come up with, it really doesn't fly.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I am really glad Dina's back, even if this whole vendetta thing is out of left field... If they move it along and don't drag it out to the point of being more stale than month old cupcakes... seeing how it plays out could be interesting, even if it makes very little sense...

Honored Contributor

Summary for Thursday, October 5th from soaps.com:

At Jabot, Ashley and Jack recall when John received the Innovator of the Year Award. Jack chokes up as he relays that Ashley is getting one of her own. Ash humbly feels she doesnโ€™t deserve it, but Jack assures her she does. He is planning a party to celebrate, and Ash insists he include Billy. Jack suggests she go downstairs, invite him, and sniff around. Ash agrees. Down at Brash & Sassy, Billy and Victoria are frustrated trying to find someone qualified to fill the executive position โ€“ itโ€™s like Jackโ€™s hired them all. Victoria hates to say it, but Cane was good at his job. Billy nips that talk in the bud.

At Lilyโ€™s place, Neil is supportive as she shares the news of her impending divorce. He wants whatโ€™s best for Charlie and Mattie, and doesnโ€™t have much sympathy for Cane. Lily says she plans to keep busy with work to get through this, and mentions her recent photo shoots with Jordan. Neil notes heโ€™s been a good friend. Lily agrees; heโ€™s been someone she can count onโ€ฆa lot.

At the Club gym, Hilary is furious that Cane isnโ€™t fighting back with regard to the divorce. Cane isnโ€™t up for hearing her ideas as he knows she only cares about keeping Jordan away from Lily.

In Grahamโ€™s suite, he listens to Myrna complain over the phone about Brent leaving them behind to go off with Dina. Graham reflects on Ashleyโ€™s anger toward Dina โ€“ it must have hurt to find out John Abbott wasnโ€™t her father. Myrna snaps at him not to get soft when theyโ€™re so close to paying โ€˜that bitchโ€™ Dina back โ€“ he must get her kids to turn against her! Dina arrives as he disconnects. Sheโ€™s headed to Jabot to try and repair her relationship with her family.

Downstairs, Juliet runs into Charlie, who blames her for his parents getting a divorce. Juliet says he can hate her, but asks him not to hate her child. Still in the gym, Hilary warns Cane that Lily will end up with Jordan. He denies it, but looks concerned. Afterward, Hilary runs into Jordan, and they discuss Lilyโ€™s divorce. Hilary mocks him for waiting around and flashes him a peek at what heโ€™s missing under her towel.

Up at Julietโ€™s suite, Cane learns she heard about the divorce from Charlie. Cane confirms Lily made her decision; they both know why. He accepts a beer and urges Juliet not to be concerned with his lost marriage. She mentions Hilary telling her to go back to Tokyo. Cane discourages her from listening to Hilary. โ€œJust stay.โ€ They clasp hands.

Neil arrives at Brash & Sassy with news of Lily and Caneโ€™s divorce. He and Victoria go into the office when Ashley appears. Ash shares her award news with Billy, and invites him to the party. Billy would be honored to attend, and alludes to how busy theyโ€™re going to be around there. In the office, Neil confides to Vikki that Lilyโ€™s worried about the future โ€“ could she give her more work? Victoria has a thought and calls Billy in.

Up at Jabot, Dina informs Jack that she wants to heal things with him and Ashley. She complains that Ashleyโ€™s confused about Graham, who actually didnโ€™t lie. Jack fills her in on Ashleyโ€™s award and realizes she never knew that John won the same one.

Later, Billy has Lily in the Brash & Sassy office and offers her the full-time executive position left vacant by Cane. Lily is appreciative and accepts. They hug.

Up at Jabot, Ashley reports to Jack that it appears Billy took his bait. Jack feels that his brother will take Victoria down for them and rants about his penchant to take a gamble. Ash questions Victoria going along with it.

Dina returns to the Club and informs Graham that her talk with Jack went well. He encourages her to open up to him about her issues with her children, and asks if the affair that produced Ashley ended her marriage to John. Dina says that remained a secret and will stay that way โ€“ she walked away to keep it under wraps.

By the door, Hilary apologizes to Victoria, who isnโ€™t interested โ€“ she saw her having lunch with Jack and believes Hilaryโ€™s made it her mission to take her down. Vikki wonders if she should return the favor. Her head buzzes as they spar, and Jordan appears as Vikki hollers at Hilary to stop! Hil and Jordan are stunned by the outburst. Vikkiโ€™s sure Hilary regrets not having a camera on her, and warns Jordan to be careful or Hilary will air trash about him. She stalks over to the bar and holds her head.

A Look Ahead to Friday, October 6th:

Devon says to Mariah, โ€œKevin made me wonder if I had some competition for you.โ€

Noah asks Tessa to move in with him.

Phyllis says to Victoria, โ€œWhat chemistry are you talking about? Itโ€™s all in your head.โ€ Victoria replies, โ€œAre you sure about that? How do you know we havenโ€™t kissed?โ€

Honored Contributor

A big reason the show isn't getting any better for me is because I simply don't care about most of the characters the powers that be seem to think I should care about... They've done nothing to instill in the audience any sense of interest, affection, concern or compassion for these characters. Even the ones who have been around forever have been developed so poorly and some of them are just plain not likable. You can't survive with virtually an entire cast of anti-heroes.

Honored Contributor

http://soaps.sheknows.com/the-young-and-the-restless/news/50181/yr-spoiler-video-ashleys-award-links...

We all know where this is going!!! And the ringing in Victoria's ears is back!!!! Ugh!!!!๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก

Honored Contributor

"Later, Billy has Lily in the Brash & Sassy office and offers her the full-time executive position left vacant by Cane. Lily is appreciative and accepts. They hug."

All right, now this is just plain butt stupid... WHAT in Lily's resume has prepared her to be a corporate executive... I swear, I need to move to Genoa City where apparently anyone can assume whatever role he or she chooses... I think I'll hop a plane and upon landing set myself up as the Empress of Freakin' Everything...

Honored Contributor

Yea, and that ringing in Olive Oyl's ears is another thing they need to either take care of or move on from... It's getting old... Personally, I think it's mental... That fall was SO long ago that she'd have keeled over by now...

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

"Later, Billy has Lily in the Brash & Sassy office and offers her the full-time executive position left vacant by Cane. Lily is appreciative and accepts. They hug."

All right, now this is just plain butt stupid... WHAT in Lily's resume has prepared her to be a corporate executive... I swear, I need to move to Genoa City where apparently anyone can assume whatever role he or she chooses... I think I'll hop a plane and upon landing set myself up as the Empress of Freakin' Everything...

@stevieb

You bet me to the punch - UNBELIEVABLE!!!!Woman Surprised