Honored Contributor

Re: Y&R October 2017... SPOILERS!!! ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽƒ

@Mmsfoxxie  Na, he always lands on his feet. Sly as a fox, he has contacts all over the world. He's a control freak, for sure, but has never hid that about himself.

Honored Contributor

Yes, @SahmIam he always appears to land on his feet.  He's a winner, not a loser.  A control freak.  All that you said is true but he's not really a winner in the true sense of the word.  You can't win walking over people, especially your family.  And I know, the same can be said to a lesser extent about Nikki and their kids.  He taught them well.

Noah tries to be mean but he can't, lol.

โ€œYou canโ€™t wait until life isnโ€™t hard anymore to be happyโ€. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, Itโ€™s Ok)
Honored Contributor

So about Glo I was also thinking she's being wasted.  She used to have some really good lines.....now...nothing.

I kept thinking I wish she would watch Kevin's little girl because she'd be able to get stuff out of the kid and then go after Chloe.

Remember, Glo never liked Chloe!  She's always been suspicious about anything to do with her, so it wouldn't take much for her to question what this kid is talking about mommy being with her.

There's a gold mine there with this little motor mouth kid.  Remember, before they left how for real she never shut up?  Remember she'd be rattling on and on and the actors would be ignoring her and saying their lines?  I thought that was so funny.  I remember one time when Chloe (the actress) was saying something to the kid remembering like bla bla so sad and the kid wouldn't shut up....it was really funny.  That little girl is really cute.

Say, I was thinking about this....I wonder where all of these children are?  You never see any of them except those twins.  I always worry that they'll show up as teenagers.....please I sure hope not!  There's enough kids and teenagers on this show...two too many as it is.

Maybe if I think REAL hard Kevin will leave the kid with Glo....that's so exciting for me to think about.  I really want that .....(you know what) Chloe to get caught....I can't stand Kevin.

So, he's sitting at the computer today and suddenly it just appears like magic....and he's in Nick's website!  Wow!  He's good.

I think it's funny when I was reading about Paul telling Crystal to 'trust him'.  Good grief!  She must not know what a ding dong he is!  You wait!  If there's a way to screw up he'll find it.

I'm like obsessed right now to find out how these guys are paid...because long periods go by where they aren't on screen (like Paul) then they just show up.... I'm going to go hunting on that....

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I agree. Gloria is being wasted. I mean, they brought her back and now they hardly use her. Instead, we're getting a steady diet of stupid story lines and boring characters protrayed by actors who can't act. They really need to trim this cast and then maybe add just a very few new characters that they develop well, while at the same time using the veterans better. If they did, maybe the show wouldn't stink almost every day to the point of being not worth watching and, if they did, maybe virtually everything wouldn't have to revolve around Victor.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I also think the soaps today have too many 'recurring' characters. Back in the day, you were either in or you were out. Youre screen time might vary, based on a lot of factors, but there weren't a lot of characters that just showed up once in a blue moon... These 'drive by' characters are just pointless. I could live without most of them, but do wish they'd do more with Gloria... And I still say Jill needs to be seen a lot more than she is, and again, I'd be fine with a recast... I also wish they'd just bite the bullet and move Dina into the Abbot house and make her part of the family...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So true @stevieb.  Recurring cast members are a waste of time.  You know not to care about them too much because they will be gone in a hot minute.  Jill, Colin and I hear John wants to do a few drop ins.  Kevin was an after thought to help Victor scheme via a computer hacking.  Esther.  I wouldn't miss them.  I'd like Kevin back as a regular.  You might as well say Paul is on recurring. Christine definitely is.

I wonder if Alice will get killed off or hurt when she jumps out of that car.

โ€œYou canโ€™t wait until life isnโ€™t hard anymore to be happyโ€. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, Itโ€™s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Somtrue @stevieb.  Recurring cast members are a waste of time.  You know not to care about them too much because they will be gone in a hot minute.  Jill, Colin and I hear John wants to do a few drop ins.  Kevin was an after thought to help Victor scheme via a computer hacking.  Esther.  I wouldn't miss them.  I'd like Kevin back as a regular.  You might as well say Paul is on recurring. Christine definitely is.

I wonder if Alice will get killed off or hurt when she jumps out of that car.

@Mmsfoxxie It sounds like she will, Alice I mean. And why did they need to bring her back for this... Anyone could've played the madam... What did they think bringing her back would achieve... It seems like every concept they come up with is short sighted and not well thought through. 

They could dump Paul and Christine for all I care. I've never cared for either of them... I'm no Kevin fan, but if they bring him back, I hope they write him more realistically and that the great love of his life and her kid don't come with him. 

Esther has never added much to the show, but she's one 'drive by' I can live with, simply because of her connection with Mrs. Chancellor.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb, yes Christine does need to go because I can't even remember when she's been on longer than a couple of lines for a few weeks.  Even when she lost that baby by being hit by Neil's car, her role didn't last long.

I miss Paul having an important on screen presence.  I wonder if maybe he doesn't want to work much just like Jill doesn't.  But, imo, they're not benefiting any SL...these little teaser appearances need to stop.  Paul doesn't even have police officers, lol.  Kevin's role was the closest to a cop since they decided to kill off that handsome detective.   While I'd like for Paul to have a good SL because I like the vets/seniors being around, ever let them go or use them in a substantial way.  Me...I've never liked Gloria.  It's her style of acting that bothers me.

I'm with you about Chloe and the mute Bella, lol.  Let them stay on the run in never, never land.  And if Kevin comes back again, don't let it be to be used for something stupid.

Again, I'm so disappointed that they don't let Victor grow.  At his age, still fighting his family.  It's only a soap, it's only a soap.  Yep.

Honored Contributor

The thing is @Mmsfoxxie veteran or not, there are some characters and actors I never cared for and Paul and especially Christine are among them. I'd not want to see more of either one of them. I can see keeping Paul around as recurring, just because he's been there for so long, but I've never felt he added much to the show. Christine has just been a travesty since Day 1.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For a show that's supposed to be about the young and restless, this one sure isn't anymore... I think a name change, maybe something like Long in the Tooth and Tedious, might be in order... The younger cast seems to be among the least interesting, frankly, and, as a group, they certainly aren't winning any prizes for being young, attractive, hot or sexy...