Honored Contributor

🍁👻 Y&R OCTOBER 2019 w/SPOILERS 👻🍁

[ Edited ]

Summary for Tuesday, October 1st from soaps.com:

At the ranch, Nikki implores Victor to get upstairs before Michael comes, but Victor calls out, “Michael we’re in here.” Michael appears, dumbfounded, and gapes, “You’re alive.” They embrace. Michael quickly realizes it was a plot to smoke out Adam, who doubled his meds. Victor flashes to setting up the deception with Nikki, Nate, Nick and Abby as a test to see if Adam had any regrets as Victor hoped there was something to salvage in the man. In the present, Michael realizes Adam setting up Victoria wasn’t part of the calculus. Victor will explain more when the others arrive.

At Nick’s place, Chelsea rails that all his family cared about was their stupid plan to take down Adam. He broke her trust and now her son’s in pain…nothing he can say or do will change that. Nick is summoned to the ranch. Chelsea tells him not to hurry back and sniffs, “You better go.”

At Grand Phoenix, Summer tells Phyllis she’s been a mess over Grandpa dying. Phyllis is worried about her and wants to go to the memorial service with her. Summer questions if she has another reason for wanting to come…that has nothing to do with her. She asks if Phyllis will be comforting Adam. Phyllis relays Adam left town. Summer complains he’s a monster. Phyllis counters he’s complicated and has done unforgiveable things…like his father. She sees a different side of him. Summer feels they’re all better off without him. Chelsea arrives and is clearly tense. Phyllis assumes it’s because Adam left town. Chelsea won’t discuss it. As Phyllis suggests a spa day to Summer, Nick’s calls to her phone go unnoticed.

At the penthouse, Devon is aghast that Cane’s the beneficiary of the will. Cane and Jill agree it’s crazy. Brittany wants to see the document and realizes it’s a photocopy. Devon wonders if Amanda really thinks she’ll get away with this. Amanda will receive the originals soon. Jill insists her son would never dirty his hands with this and Brittany warns she’ll have an expert analyse them. Devon advises Amanda to think long and hard before she pursues this. Amanda muses that perhaps Tucker’s off the grid because of guilt. Cane sees Amanda out and Brittany leaves after telling Devon the whole thing seems bogus – Cane’s not even Katherine’s blood relative.

Rey arrives at Crimson Lights and asks Sharon if she’s heard from Adam…there’s been a development in Victor’s case. Sharon feels he may have planned to leave Genoa City behind.

Nick arrives at the ranch to join his family, followed by Paul. Michael’s impressed with everyone’s performances, including Paul’s. Paul updates them on the pharmacist implicating Adam. Victor shares that Adam visited, apologized, and said he was leaving town. “I let him go.” Victor got what he wanted…he saw change in Adam, who’s not beyond redemption. Paul’s irked as he only agreed to the scheme to see justice done. Victor warns if he pursues Adam, he will not cooperate. He asks Michael for one more thing…

In the Grand Phoenix, Chelsea, Phyllis and Summer watch as Michael goes live on TV to say the charges against Victoria Newman have been dropped as there was no murder. Victor appears beside him. Summer gapes, “Grandpa?” Summer sobs…how did she not know this. Phyllis realizes Nick knew and storms out to the ranch. Summer follows.

In Crimson Lights, Sharon and Rey are joined by Paul and wonder if he knew Victor was alive. Paul comes clean about the ruse and reveals Victor let Adam slip away. Rey is frustrated and Sharon calls Nick and learns he’s updated Noah. She angrily says she’ll handle Faith. After, Rey and Sharon compare notes.

In Devon’s apartment, Jill tells Devon that Victor’s family members certainly put on a good act. Devon’s glad Victor’s alive but is concerned about Chance. Jill protests; he has a good heart. Devon says he’s responsible or someone else convinced him. He turns on Cane, who insists he’d never abuse Katherine’s legacy. Devon apologizes. Cane decides he’ll find Chance.

At the ranch, Michael learns Victor didn’t let Adam use the jet, and tells him it’s good to have him back. He leaves and Summer enters. She hugs Victor as Nick says he tried to reach her. Phyllis appears and is sickened by them. “How dare you do this to my daughter!” She figures they didn’t want Summer blabbing to her. Nikki confirms it. Summer is upset they just let her grieve. Phyllis snaps that Nick did this to get rid of Adam and takes Summer out. Nick asks Victor if the pain and suffering where Adam’s concerned is really ever over.

In Vegas, Adam plays poker as ‘Spider’.

Next on The Young and the Restless:

Jack announces a decision at Jabot.

Honored Contributor

Re: 🍁👻 Y&R OCTOBER 2019 w/SPOILERS 👻🍁

Ok, so I watched the 10/1 episode and honestly, it left me more ticked off than anything else.

*No matter who is playing Phylis, I detest the fact that they've turned her into a liar, a hypocrite and an all around bitch. Waste of a character. She has no redeeming value at this point. I fast forward whenever she is on.

*That was the FASTEST "he's alive!" situation I'ver ever seen. You would think the fallout would have been far worse. Very, very poor writing of this storyline. 

I need some help regarding "Spider" and "Adam"; what is the storyline with this...wasn't Adam always Spider? Did they make it look like Spider was someone else? Is it such an issue that Adam is back in Vegas? I'm not getting the ending to the episode and what is signifies.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No idea @SahmIam as that episode hasn't aired here yet... As far as I know, Spider was Adam's alias in Vegas. Perhaps he's adopted it again. I'm still trying to get past Victor's daydream and am assuming the conversation with Adam really happened but who the hell knows. This just keeps getting dumber and dumber as they apparently strive to broadcast 'art'... They aren't... At all...

Meanwhile, like @eddyandme, I was glad to see Chelsea more or less tell Numbnutz where to stick his sanctimony...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb I watch all my Y & R episodes on YouTube. Found out 2 weeks ago that they live stream the next day episode from Canada so....I started watching that as well.

I've watched todays' episode 3 times  where Adam and Victor talk and honestly, he claims it happened but the way they edited it makes it come across as a daydream. REALLY poor job with it. Poor job with it all.

The big question will now be whether Chelsea stays or goes. 

Respected Contributor

I think I'm done again.  It's all just so lame now.  I keep tuning back in with the hope it will get better and it just gets dumber.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Roni18  I'm right there with you. They're running on empty and it shows. This show is bad in every way it can be bad. I did enjoy the scenes with Victor and Adam and I did like seeing Chelsea hold Nick 'accountable' but aside from those scenes, the stories themselves are as badly conceived and uninteresting as they've ever been, as are most of the characters. This latest wrinkle with Cane is pretty much the icing on a very badly baked cake. I'm also annoyed that as good as they were, it's unclear whether the scenes involving Adam and Victor actually even happened, which is just stupid. I don't know what they thought they were accomplishing with a 'dream sequence'. I don't think they know where they want to go half the time so how can we be expected to follow what amounts to little more than a series of fits and starts.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Are they really that desperate to give Cane a story line? Why not just end his contract and send him packing. Clearly, that ridiculous 'novel' story line went nowhere and was wrapped up quickly so now they give us this. Writers need to accept that there are times when some characters have simply run their course. When it gets right down to it most characters are expendable on any soap, especially true on this one, the way it and they have been written for so long. There are characters, like Victor, they really can't afford to retire. Cane is not among them.

Esteemed Contributor

ok...today's show had a few glitches... first of all....i am starting to wonder about Caine....it was curious they had him show up ...go to the lawyers. etc....BUT what was even more stupid was the fact that Devon hadn't YET hired a detective to find Chance & Tucker and although he had some suspicions about Caine actually let him go look for

Chance............i thought it was suspicious that Caine volunteered and wanted to do it "alone"..........so i guess we have to deal with Caine coming back...not only obnoxious but rich???

Also i find Chelsea's indignation pretty funny with all she has pulled and she would def have said something to Adam about the sting if it meant he wouldn't leave Connor.  Dump her Nick.

Summer couldn't figure out that Phyllis might tell Adam if she slipped?  And Victor should have INSISTED to Summer that it was at his request that Nick NOT tell her but he didn't even stand up to that....and WHO could trust Sharon?.....and Rey was actually investigating a attempted murder....whats his problem...he helped solve the case???hahaa.............

oh well...lets see what the week brings.................

Trusted Contributor

IF I am remembering correctly, Cane came to Genoa City as part of a con involving him and Philip Chancellor 3rd 
to pass Cane off as PC3. (I don't remember how they explained PC3 not really dying in a fiery car crash but, it had something to do with him wanting to disappear because he was gay.) 

Katherine and Jill both stayed fond of Cane even after the truth came out so, an earlier will could have included Cane; however, I think at that point, Mitchell Sherman was still alive and Katherine's attorney.  

Since a con is involved, it could be Cane but, it also could be Colin is behind it - especially since he and Jill are divorced. 

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb 

I, too, enjoyed the scenes with Victor and Adam because of the acting.  Seems like enjoying the sporadic scenes where there is good acting is about all there is - the task of getting the show back on track with both storyline and questionable casting seems beyond the current writers, casting directors and producers.