Respected Contributor

Re: 🍁👻 Y&R OCTOBER 2019 w/SPOILERS 👻🍁

I just read online that Elizabeth Hendrickson (Chloe) & her husband are expecting a baby girl in March of next year.

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

So, if Victor was going to yield to Miss Vicki then really, what was this all about? Come on people, is ANYBODY paying attention to what you all are writing? This is the real deal, network television, not middle school creative writing class.

@stevieb  stevieb wrote: “This is the real deal, network television, not middle school creative writing class.” With what kids are being taught in middle school these days I doubt they would know the difference.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Thank goodness for Phyllis finding a way to bring Adam back into the action. You have to suppose it's only a matter of time until he's back in town. I suspected he wouldn't be gone long and yet, once again, am left wondering why the idiot writers sent him out of town in the first place... Just one big disconnect after another. Speaking of Adam, it was never made clear who spilled the beans about Daddy Dearest being alive. Adam just said it didn't matter, but it'd be interesting to know who told him.

So, the actor scheduled to appear as Theo's father appears to actually be a nicer looking middle aged man. Assuming he's in town for more than a day, one wonders who they might potentially hook him up with... As mentioned, assuming he pans out, hope they do keep him around and try to build some sort of back story about Theo and his family. Frankly, kind of tired of the endless bickering among the Newmans and the Abbots. Meanwnile, the Baldwins are rarely seen, the Rosales never went anywhere and Devon's clan is a non-starter... The show could use a new family.

Well i don't know much about the actor to play Theo's dad ............but if there is any chance of him staying and hooking up we will know soon enough if he meets Sharon and she has one of the WRAP (UNWRAP)  dresses on!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@kelsey17  Was thinking the same. Billy has had more corporate dirty dealings than most and why anybody would trust him is beyond comprehesion and frankly, not believable. Also wonder if Kyle will spill the beans about Summer or if he'll need to, given Billy has a tendency to self-destruct. For my money, there are more boring characters, more pointless characters and more dastardly characters but Billy and Cane are running neck and neck for the least likable character and have been for some time... I wouldn't miss either of them...

Billy   Cane and  new/old Phyllis (bring back Gina T) could all leave and the show would improve greatly!! Although just before Gina left the writers were making Phyllis be a angry nutcase........these writers seem to relate so often to hate and anger......wonder how their home lives were.....haha

Honored Contributor

Exactly, my point.   Phyllis acts like she was a virgin when the fake Jack was using her.  Think it wasn't that fact that bothered her so much it was that Victor set her a** up.  Put one over on her that's what's killing her soul.

Control freak, much.

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@kelsey17  Was thinking the same. Billy has had more corporate dirty dealings than most and why anybody would trust him is beyond comprehesion and frankly, not believable. Also wonder if Kyle will spill the beans about Summer or if he'll need to, given Billy has a tendency to self-destruct. For my money, there are more boring characters, more pointless characters and more dastardly characters but Billy and Cane are running neck and neck for the least likable character and have been for some time... I wouldn't miss either of them...

Billy   Cane and  new/old Phyllis (bring back Gina T) could all leave and the show would improve greatly!! Although just before Gina left the writers were making Phyllis be a angry nutcase........these writers seem to relate so often to hate and anger......wonder how their home lives were.....haha

@kelsey17  Agree. Cane has been completely unlikable and unappealing for a while (always for me...) and Billy has been made increasingly so. Phyllis, before the big switch, had hit rock bottom, with all of her supports pulled out from under her and all of her efforts ending in failure, some her own fault, others the result of being treated badly and hence, she took up with Adam, as the other pariah in town... Agree, the part was better played before the re-recast...

It's been said before but is true and worth repeating that virtually none of the characters has much of a likabilty factor anymore... They're seemingly all at odds with themselves and others all the time... Yes, it sort of makes you wonder how these teams of writers think and why they assume the audience wants a constant barrage of negativity... Conflict is a soap staple, but not everyone, not always, not constant...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The whole story line involving Phyllis being figuratively 'had' by Victor and literally had by his Jack double was just stupid and while this is a big source of her anger with Victor, by now, she really should have at least begun to let it go. Like so many viewers, I really disliked the story because it was unbelievable. Had the double been a long lost twin it would have been bad enough, but to ask the audience to believe that a man, a supposedly Hispanic man who spoke Spanish in his sleep at that, sounded, spoke and looked exactly like Jack was sheer lunacy. As for Phyllis being fooled, come on. Were the two men exactly alike, I mean in every way, right down to their 'technique'... Personally, I always found it hard to believe that a woman would go on for months not knowing that the man she was with was not her husband. Soaps love to do the double role stuff, but they're hard to pull off and this one never worked for me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Well today's show had a good laugh in it for me....haha......

Lola telling Theo " Society can't be your office"....."this isn't an office Theo"..................hasn't just about every business in town been having meetings, etc at Society???  Mariah & Tess & Theo....Devon & Theo and Devon and Mariah....Victor & the family... Jack & Billy ..........wow...that just was so funny...............

Also......Sharon the counselor............????

I know this may sound like a common sense suggestion....but wouldn't you think bringing Connor to see Victor so he could try to explain things gently to Connor may be healing??????  Instead Chelsea doesn't want Connor to see Victor??

Don't want to see Theo ANYMORE giving evil looks through windows checking out people......ENOUGH with his career of "revenge"............can we just make him 

a fairly likeable character since Genoa City seems to lack anyone with ethics???   Just think what a novelty that would be head writers??

Maybe Cane and Phyllis will hook up since each are single............her and Adam never will...................

Honored Contributor

@stevieb  we may not agree on Adam, etc. but, I'm rooting for you elsewhere you go girl ! Kick some butt !

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Exactly, my point.   Phyllis acts like she was a virgin when the fake Jack was using her.  Think it wasn't that fact that bothered her so much it was that Victor set her a** up.  Put one over on her that's what's killing her soul.

Control freak, much.

@SharkE  Could be or maybe the fact that she was with fake Jack for a while and couldn’t tell the difference between him & her real husband.😄 I think I would be more worried about that than sleeping with a fake husband.😳