Honored Contributor

Re: 🍁🎃👻 Y&R OCTOBER 2018 SPOILERS! 👻🎃🍁

I could not contain my laughter all the way through yesterday's episode.  Nick and Sharon in this holy setting like they know what the sanctity of marriage means and commitment. The ripped up vows symbolize what this script and storyline actually is.  Sharon gave me a little bit of it but...

I was waiting for the stained glass to shatter and a few holy items to spin upside down.  It is October and getting close to Halloween.  It would have been a nice touch.

I was also disappointed that the minister stuck around.  I would have given anything to have Gloria do an internet speed course on her smartphone and do the honors instead.  

And don't get me started on Faith.  Where's Annabelle when you need her?

Glad it ended the way it should although a good slap would have been icing for me.    

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@catwhisperer wrote:

Okay, let me guess. They will have a one time fling, and Summer will become pregnant with Billy's baby. The drama never ends. Cat Tongue

@catwhisperer That would be my guess... But then, she'll sleep with Kyle (or somebody) the next day because you know the baby daddy has to be in doubt... That way, a few years down the road, somebody can tamper with or otherwise fake the DNA results... And around it goes!!!

This is the "around" that this stinker is going lately.

Image result for circling the drain

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

I could not contain my laughter all the way through yesterday's episode.  Nick and Sharon in this holy setting like they know what the sanctity of marriage means and commitment. The ripped up vows symbolize what this script and storyline actually is.  Sharon gave me a little bit of it but...

I was waiting for the stained glass to shatter and a few holy items to spin upside down.  It is October and getting close to Halloween.  It would have been a nice touch.

I was also disappointed that the minister stuck around.  I would have given anything to have Gloria do an internet speed course on her smartphone and do the honors instead.  

And don't get me started on Faith.  Where's Annabelle when you need her?

Glad it ended the way it should although a good slap would have been icing for me.    

Seriously @Laura14... All those deep, heartfelt words of love spewing forth from Nick might as well have been split pea soup... And all we needed was for Sharon's head to do a 360... Then there was Noah out of left field, who I always personally thought could use diction lessons... having gone over to the Dark Horse's Azz side... Whatever... As for that good slap, not sure who should have been the recipient... Better maybe to have been a loud crack of thunder followed by a lightening bolt making a solid connection with both Nick and Sharon's posteriors... I can just see a dark streak singeing the back of Share-and-Share-alike's lovely yet pointless new wedding gown... and her and her beloved turning, even more, into veritable zombies... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@silkyk wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@catwhisperer wrote:

Okay, let me guess. They will have a one time fling, and Summer will become pregnant with Billy's baby. The drama never ends. Cat Tongue

@catwhisperer That would be my guess... But then, she'll sleep with Kyle (or somebody) the next day because you know the baby daddy has to be in doubt... That way, a few years down the road, somebody can tamper with or otherwise fake the DNA results... And around it goes!!!

This is the "around" that this stinker is going lately.

Image result for circling the drain

Essentially, no longer care... The Billy and Summer union makes me nauseous... I can't abide her but regardless, he looks every bit old enough to be her father... and beyond... I'm sorry, but I just think in his desperation to create buzz for this increasingly moribund show, Mal-the-Inept has gone too far... This show has gone from classic to seedy... The more modern soaps have always relied upon a certain dicey factor but I don't know, maybe because it involves Summer, who is just so trashy, this whole story has played as totally sleazy to me... This is no love match, it's merely a sex romp...

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

That had to be the longest non-wedding in history...

Oh brother... I called it... Billy turns to Summer... What a loser, every way there is for a theoretically grown man to be a loser... Disgusting excuse for a man... 

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

It was only a matter of time before Billy and Summer did the do.  If Billy is still as fertile has he was before expect Summer to be carrying a little Billy or Bonnie soon.

I missed it yesterday but I misjudged Sharon in a way I thought she was crazy but she did the right thing not marrying Nick but she is crazy for doing it the way she did in front of their children especially Faith.

I guess Phyllis and Nick and get together again free and clear or will it be Jack's turn.............

Honored Contributor

While I shouldn't expect a soap opera to promote family values, do any of these people care about their young children? To his credit, Jack was the only one who mentioned putting their children ahead of their own dramas.

Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

That had to be the longest non-wedding in history...

Oh brother... I called it... Billy turns to Summer... What a loser, every way there is for a theoretically grown man to be a loser... Disgusting excuse for a man... 

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

It was only a matter of time before Billy and Summer did the do.  If Billy is still as fertile has he was before expect Summer to be carrying a little Billy or Bonnie soon.

I missed it yesterday but I misjudged Sharon in a way I thought she was crazy but she did the right thing not marrying Nick but she is crazy for doing it the way she did in front of their children especially Faith.

I guess Phyllis and Nick and get together again free and clear or will it be Jack's turn.............

The whole thing was a disconnect, obviously played for drama... I wonder, were we supposed to figure that Sharon had a change of heart mid-ceremony... Regardless, very strange to resolve the nuptials in this way...

Billy's character assassination is now complete... I mean, he's always been dicey... Long history of being a flake, but now he's just toast... The gambling, stealing funds from Jabot and now Summer... Just gross... They might as well anoint him the new Victor... Pure garbage... And on top of all that, he continues to look less and less appealing, physically...

Hope Phyllis and Nick do re-up... Why not... They seem to try to be rekindling something with Jack, and that might well be how they go, but I hope not... I've never liked New-Phyllis with Jack... Jack needs to re-up with Gloria... and let Phyllis breathe some life into boring NIck...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

While I shouldn't expect a soap opera to promote family values, do any of these people care about their young children? To his credit, Jack was the only one who mentioned putting their children ahead of their own dramas.

Once the problem pregnancies are resolved and the DNA results are in, after the predictable 'who's your daddy' story lines have played out, children on these shows more or less become props... 

I do feel sorry for Faith and one wonders whether, when Sharon was having her fit of morality, she thought about the fact that tossing Nick out also means Christian goes with him... I guess that'll be the next dramatic sequence to be played out in the never-ending story of Sharon's romantic relationships...

Trusted Contributor

Sharon had stated to Nikki that she wanted to go into this marriage with Nick with total honesty and tell Nick about her involvement with the JT situation ... but she didn't.

When the poo-poo hits the fan on the JT crime, what reaction will Nick have toward the 4 women (Mom, Sister and  2 ex-Lovers) involved and them keeping this secret.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Summary for Monday, October 8th from soaps.com:

At home, Sharon and Mariah discuss Faith having gone to school after saying she never fully expected the wedding to happen. Sharon encourages Mariah to go to her planned location shoot, and reassures her she did the right thing by telling her about Nick and Phyllis.

At Jabot, Phyllis stalks past Ashley hidden under a hat. Ash joins Traci and Lauren and they agree Phyllis should have called in sick, but has guts. Ash wonders whether to involve her in their meeting. Lauren points out she’s hurting but showed up to honor her responsibilities. Traci’s worried Billy’s out on a bender since he didn’t come home.

Jack arrives at Dark Horse and tells Abby that Billy threw Phyllis out of the house. Tessa appears as Nick shows up and declares he’s starting over and still has every intention of marrying Sharon. Jack takes him to task for what he did to Billy. Alone with Abby, Nick muses about ending up alone. Victoria appears and recalls him taunting their dad about ending up that way – it’s ironic. Vikki asks why he would cheat on Sharon with Phyllis of all people. Nick explains he thought she was through with him, and Phyllis and Billy had just called things off. Victoria chirps, “Convenient!” Nick storms off – he needs to fix things. Jack appears and tells Abby they need to go to Jabot.

In her bedroom, Summer awakens with a smile, then realizes Billy’s gone. She texts him to come stay with her again tonight.

At Jabot, Phyllis texts Billy before taking a call from Summer, who wonders if Billy’s with her. Phyllis says he wants nothing to do with her thanks to Summer and her big mouth. Summer blames Kyle, and Phyllis rants about how angry Billy was with her. In the office, Ashley learns Billy checked into rehab. Traci’s relieved. Ashley announces she’s called an emergency board meeting so Traci can motion to remove the blood Abbott clause and be relieved of her position. Traci cautions her to slow down. Still in the hall, Phyllis is surprised when a temp filling in for Gloria calls her into the office. She joins Traci, Ashley, and Lauren and apologizes for hurting Billy. She invites them to let her have it. They fill her in on the emergency meeting and the need to protect Jabot and Fenmore’s. Traci thinks this should wait until Billy’s back from rehab. Ashley wants to proceed without even waiting for the others. Traci motions to remove the blood Abbott clause and Ashley seconds it. When Jack, Abby, and Kyle arrive, Ashley explains they voted to put the clause out of its misery…now they need to vote on a new leader. Ashley puts herself forth and Abby seconds it. Kyle whispers to Jack that he should be back in so they can run Jabot together.

Kyle nominates Jack, and Traci calls for a vote. It winds up tied 3 – 3 and Traci abstains. Jack notes she already sided with Ashley previously. Kyle walks out and Phyllis follows. She accuses him of telling Sharon her secret, but he informs her Summer let Mariah overhear it. In the office, Lauren, Abby, and Traci congratulate Ashley, but Traci’s still uneasy about how this all happened. Ash’s left alone with Jack, who assures her he doesn’t resent her. He expresses regret over the blood Abbott clause and invites her to take the CEO seat – she’s earned it and John would approve.

Sharon arrives at work to Rey’s surprise.

Sharon lets him know there was no wedding. They discuss there being only so many times people can forgive one another. Soon, Nick appears wanting to talk to Sharon, who is irked he’s at her place of business. Nick vows to fight for her as Rey materializes. Sharon ducks into the interrogation room. Nick asks for Rey's help before leaving. Rey tells Sharon the guy doesn’t want to lose her, but she’s determined to move on.

At the Club, Tessa, wanting to treat her girlfriend, snaps at Mariah when she mentions the money she owes. Tessa apologizes; she just wanted to show Mariah how much she means to her. The pair decides their relationship won’t be like Nick and Sharon’s. Mariah feels lucky and will miss Tessa when she’s away. Phyllis appears to confront Mariah, who hisses she had every right to tell Sharon and advises her not to blame others because she got caught. Phyllis heads to the bar and runs into Nick. They compare notes as Sharon arrives and sneers.

“Real classy.” Nick stammers this wasn’t planned and Sharon invites them to just do it on the bar. Phyllis insists Nick wants to marry Sharon, who calls her a conniving tramp. Phyllis complains about Sharon attacking her for speaking to Summer’s dad - they turned to one another in a weak moment and regret it. Sharon informs Nick that they are done, and advises Phyllis not to mess with her.

At Crimson Lights, Summer leaves Billy a voicemail – she can’t wait to see him again. On the patio, Summer spots Victoria opening mail. After, Vikki receives a cryptic note that says ‘I know what you did and I’m going to make you pay’.

Next on The Young and the Restless:

Neil romances Ashley.