Trusted Contributor

Y & R Musings- Positive only, please

Hear ye, hear ye:

***THIS IS NOT A BASHING POST***

I am actually pleased with Y & R as of late Woman Wink.

I like the return to the forefront of many long time characters, except for the Gina T debacle. She should not have been let go IMO. She brought beauty, elegance and class to the Phyllis role.

I love that the Baldwin brothers are back! They were sorely missed. This version of Michael is Emmy worthy. For a while there I thought that Lauren & Jack were going to "cross the line".  Glad they didn't go there (so far). Gloria must return to the show to round everything out Baldwin-wise.

Mike Glassman as Adam is doing a great job. This was the week I actually forgot about Muhney or Justin in the role. It just crept up on me when I saw him looking at Christian photos on his phone, and also how rattled he was when Billy was stalking him. He rocked it!!

I don't know where Billy's story is headed, but I don't want to see him self destruct again. Jill needs to come home to GC for an extended stay to help get him on the straight and narrow. 

I'd like to see Dina's illness be a misdiagnosis. I like what she brought to the show, the excellent Jack back story. I'd like to see her at Jabot in an advisory role, working with Jack & Ashley. More focus on business, board meetings, product development and roll outs please, and less focus on clubs and eateries. The music/influencer thing is a no go from an artist standpoint. That said, I was not happy to see Jett & Ana depart, but for Pete's sake, do not bring back Fen.

***From the abstract part of my brain***

I'd absolutely love to see Billy Miller return to take over the role of Dylan McAvoy. Sigh. Yes. Sigh. He's left GH, people.

He looks quite a bit different than when he last played Billy 5 years ago, and man can he act, and he's not too bad to look at, either!

I really liked the Dylan character, especially with Sharon.

Ok, that's it, my friends. Thank you for allowing my musings.

TTFN

dee

Honored Contributor

Re: Y & R Musings- Positive only, please

@deedledeedeedle, Well, I am glad you are pleased with Y&R as of now, but as a fan of over 34 yrs, I don't even care if I watch or not!  I despise the "Adam" character and wish they had not brought him back from the dead!  I wish Billy Miller would come back as Billy Abbott, I have never liked this Billy! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Y & R Musings- Positive only, please

It is nice to read something positive about the show even if most of it I disagree with.

After watching this show since 1973, I guess I have seen it all and now the plots are mostly re-cycled and stale. However, I hang in there out of habit and really hope that the show isn't canceled.