Honored Contributor

Re: Y&R May 2017...SPOILERS!!!

Summary for Monday, May 8th from soaps.com:

At Crimson Lights, Hilary asks Jack how you survive divorce without losing your mind. They commiserate about exes moving on. Hilary feels it’s karma she deserves but rants about Devon’s new woman. Jack clucks that it’s not karma, it’s divorce pain. He promises she’ll love again.

On the patio, Scott tells Abby that Victor called off the book after Nikki expressed opposition to it. Abby suggests he do a magazine article on her as an up-and-coming mogul. Scott refers to her past online material. Appalled, Abby searches herself and finds a compilation from her Naked Heiress days. She goes on about being taken seriously as Scott snarks. He chuckles as she rants its good he’s not writing her dad’s book – he’d paint her as a bimbo! They continue to spar until Abby storms out.

Later, Tessa tells someone on the phone it will be okay, she promises. Noah joins her and they rehash Nikki cutting loose. Tessa observes she’s been tenser lately. Noah notices Tessa’s still wearing the same outfit from last night. Tessa claims she was too tired to change. Talk turns back to Nikki, and then Noah brings up their date.

At the penthouse, Mariah wonders if she’s dreaming after the amazing night in bed with Devon. He beams that he wants to know everything about her. Devon suddenly notices the door is unlocked – he swore he locked it. Mariah thinks he was too overcome with passion and forgot. They discuss her being late for work. Devon offers her clothes that Hilary left behind with the tags still on.

Neil arrives at Jabot and informs Ashley that he and Devon are pursuing Mergeron Enterprises. Ashley is surprised and mocks Neil’s portrait of her mother as a savvy business tycoon. Ash owes her nothing and wants nothing from her. Jack arrives and is brought up to speed by his sister. Neil concedes Dina hasn’t gotten back to them, and Ashley snarks about their mother. Neil promises to let them know if he hears anything. After, Ash tells Jack that Dina is up to something and wonders how many lives she’ll screw up. They debate about whether she is sending them a message. Ash is stunned when Jack admits he wouldn’t hang up on her if she called. She hollers that Dina will forget about Hamilton-Winters the same way she left her family behind.

Victor arrives at the ranch and notes Nikki seemed happy performing last night. He then reveals he listened to her and decided not to write his biography. Nikki sniffs that it doesn’t make her happy – it was merely about protecting the family. They argue about him watching her perform. He warns her not to embarrass him or the Newman name. Nikki’s furious, considering how he’s shamed them. Victor hollers that he found her in a strip joint and won’t let anyone take away the respect she has now – not even her.

At GC Buzz, Hilary is wound up when Mariah arrives and informs her that Devon showed her the world and blew her mind. Hilary flashes to their tryst in the penthouse the night before. Mariah next reveals she’s wearing a dress Hil left at Devon’s. Hilary reacts but the show starts. Hilary reports on a billionaire using a pitiful girl to get over his ex. After, Hilary tells Mariah she will never be her…she can not pull of this show, that dress, or her man. Mariah laughs. Devon is the one who told her to wear it. Hilary vows to take back everything that is hers and lunges at the dress. Mariah, in turn, goes for Hilary’s throat.

At Newman, Victor receives documentation regarding a payment and doesn’t know what it’s about. Abby arrives and he questions her about the unexplained real estate transaction. Abby plays innocent and downplays the importance of it. Once she leaves, Victor looks ticked off. He summons Scott and offers him a job as an executive – he has exactly the skill set Victor needs. Scott balks, but Vic reminds him he owes him. He hires Scott to watch Abby.

Neil arrives at Devon’s place in time for Dina’s call. She’s made a decision about the future of her company. Dina reveals that their passion, along with the knowledge that Katherine entrusted Devon with a fortune, swayed her in their favor. She congratulates them, and says she’ll be in touch. Neil and Devon celebrate.

Outside Crimson Lights, Nikki watches Tessa and realizes she is living out of her car.

A Look Ahead to Tuesday, May 9th:

Abby enters Victor’s office and sees Scott. “Sorry, I’ll come back.” Victor replies, “That’s okay, sweetheart. Scott is the reason I asked you to come back.”

Hilary hollers at Devon, “What the hell were you thinking giving my clothes to that thirsty b*tch!”

Jordan says to Chelsea, “You need something.” She replies, “Yeah. And you’re the only one who can help me.”

Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

Wow Nikki's is actually pursuing something other than Victor and her grown children!  Phyllis is annoying why doesn't she just leave Jack alone and stay in her playpin with Billy I am sure they will too will get tired of each other in a few months.

Differences of opinions, I guess... I like Phyllis, it's Jack I find annoying...

Smiley Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh right, so now being a journalist qualifies Scott to be Victor's corporate executive... and Abby's watchdog... This is just way too much... So, will Abby and Sharon be sparring over the Musketeer...

Honored Contributor

Spoilers for Week of May 8th from soaps.com:

Monday May 8:

Scott scraps with Abby and gets a job offer

Abby rants at a chuckling Scott.

Neil tells Ashley they're after Mergeron Enterprises.

Mariah lets Hilary know that Devon blew her mind.

Victor has information for Nikki.

Tuesday May 9:

Kevin speaks up on Chloe's behalf.

Hilary yells at Devon for letting Mariah wear her clothes.

Abby learns Scott is the reason Victor wants to see her.

Chelsea needs something from Jordan.

Wednesday May 10:

Cane takes advantage of an opportunity to get ahead.

Thursday May 11:

TBA

Friday May 12:

Nikki has a secret.

More...

After s*x with Devon, Mariah arrives at work in a dress Hilary left at the penthouse.

Hilary rips the dress off Mariah in an on-air segment. 

Scott tells Sharon he has been offered a job at Newman Enterprises.

Scott and Sharon kiss.

Coming up...

Hilary meets her idol, The Talk's Julie Chen.

Abby starts a new business venture.

Jack opens up to Nikki.

Gloria questions Jack about their relationship.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never liked her, but you know who's really becoming annoying... again... Hillary. She gave up, walked away, only wanted the show and now she regrets it. She needs to move on. I'm not really a fan of Mariah's, but I really would like to see somebody slap the snot out of Hillary...

Honored Contributor

Yeah, Hillary is showing her 'witchy' side more and more.  And we all know Mariah can't wear a dress Hillary's size, lol.  I do wish they would dress her with more femininity, though.  I thought she was cute with Devon on the plane and at his house.  I saw a softness that she normally doesn't saw.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Yeah, Hillary is showing her 'witchy' side more and more.  And we all know Mariah can't wear a dress Hillary's size, lol.  I do wish they would dress her with more femininity, though.  I thought she was cute with Devon on the plane and at his house.  I saw a softness that she normally doesn't saw.

Now she would be a viable candidate for a makeover and a transition into a more meaty part... If she and Devon stay hooked up, I can see them glamorizing her, which would be nice and long overdue.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb, I think Scotty is gross. We seriously need some eye candy. 

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

@stevieb, I think Scotty is gross. We seriously need some eye candy. 

You aren't just whistling Dixie... @loveschocolate...

He's not my cup of tea... Broken record time, but there isn't one seriously hot man on this show... Not one... Zip... Zilch... Nada... 

Honored Contributor

Spoilers for Week of May 8th from soapcentral.com:

Victor shares encouraging information with Nikki

Victor plans a power play

Victor is shocked by what he discovers

Victor asks for Scott's help with an important task

Abby feels the pressure at work

Scott is apprehensive about Victor's offer and turns to Sharon for advice

Sharon offers Scott sage advice

Scott is smitten with Sharon and the only reason he is staying in town

Scott and Sharon share a kiss

Neil surprises Ashley with news that he and Devon are pursuing Mergeron Enterprises

Cane takes advantage of an opportunity to get ahead

Jordan suspects that Cane has been unfaithful

Phyllis goads Victoria

Kevin shares shocking information with Chelsea

Kevin continues to defend Chloe

Chelsea refuses to stop her search for Chloe

Mariah boasts to Hilary that Devon showed her a new world and blew her mind

Hilary's jealousy escalates knowing that Mariah and Devon slept together

Hilary is livid when she sees Mariah wearing one of Hilary's dresses

Hilary bashes Mariah's relationship with Devon while on-air

Hilary starts a cat fight with Mariah and tries to rip her dress off

Nikki is keeping a secret

Casting scoops

Greg Rikaart's contract will not be renewed and Greg will be leaving the show sometime in August. 

Angell Conwell reprises her role as Leslie Michaelson. 

Alec Mapa has been cast to play Anthony. No airdate has been provided yet. 

David Faustino returns as Howard Green, the former sleazy producer of GC Buzz. 

Marla Adams has reprised her role as Dina Mergeron, the long-lost Abbott family matriarch. 

Julie Chen of The Talk will make a cameo appearance on May 17.

Eric SJ Blain won a nationwide casting call and will appear on The Young and the Restless. 

A sneak peek at next week

Hilary and Julie Chen meet

Abby decides to branch out and starts a new business venture

Jack takes Nikki into his confidence

Gloria wants answers from Jack about their relationship

May Sweeps preview

Victor is filled with guilt over his part in Adam's death and will work hard to prove how important family is to him

Nick must decide whether he should help Chelsea find Chloe or stay loyal to his family about the secret

Victoria is hurt by Phyllis and Billy's reunion, but she isn't ready to give up yet

Hilary has trouble moving forward from her failed marriage and her jealousy escalates when she sees how easy Mariah and Devon are with each other

Abby's insecurities might get the best of her because she is willing to prove herself to Victor at any cost

Jack and Ashley's relationship will be tested by a surprise visitor from their past

Jack and Ashley pursue their surprisingly unexpected romances

Lauren's reaction to Scott's new relationship will be surprising

Cane makes matters worse stressing over Juliet's presence in his life