Honored Contributor

Re: Y&R May 2017...SPOILERS!!!

@stevieb wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

So I guess the foundation that Neil and Jack started were so excited about is kaput?  Easy come, easy go.  If they mentioned it, I must have been vacuuming or something.

Yeah, I was noticing Neil's new look, too.  I don't like it.  Neil was always neatly groomed.  Now he's starting to remind me of Nick, lol.  His hair and mustache looks ill kept to me lately.  He's getting older, too.

Oh my yes @Mmsfoxxie... That foundation was the most worthwhile thing anyone had ever done... 

Smiley Wink

As someone suggested, I do suspect Neil is now wearing a large lock of Scott's errant hair on his lip... It looks goofy...

@stevieb....heheh, well Scott does have a lot to spare.  Where do they get some of these people.

On another note.....So Reed is 16 and the twins are now 15.  It's going to be the invasion of the teeny boppers.  Can we stand it?

@Annabellethecat66, I hope you're doing ok.  I know that therapy is rough but I hear that each day gets better.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

News: 

Soaps.com has learned that “The Young and the Restless” actor, Greg Rikaart will be vacating his longtime role of Kevin Fisher. TVLine is reporting that Rikaart, who has played his daytime role for 14 years, will be leaving the show later in the summer, adding, “Although reps for 'Y&R' and Rikaart declined to comment, sources confirm that The Powers That Be opted not to renew Rikaart’s contract.”

Rikaart married Robert Sudduth in 2015 and the couple adopted a baby together the following year. Rikaart has also kept busy outside of daytime with appearances on “CSI: Miami,” “Bones,” and TNT’s Major Crimes. The actor joined “Y&R” in 2003 as the nerdy bookkeeper at Bobby Marsino’s gentlemen’s club. Kevin Fisher’s early storylines were that of a troubled young man who committed crimes such as statutory rape and attempted murder, however the love of his family, and confronting the demons of his abusive past, turned things around in his life. There were many setbacks (most notably the Chipmunk stint) but presently, he leads his life on the right side of the law, working at the police station, and in the most recent development, Kevin learned he was Bella’s father.

There is no word yet on how Rikaart will be written out at “Y&R,” whether the actor may return at some point, or if the role could be recast. Soaps.com will update readers with more on Kevin’s departure from the canvas and Rikaart’s future plans as that information becomes available.

There is another thread about this if anybody is interested. 

Esteemed Contributor

I remember Kevin back in the day and boy did he have issues, but this latest story about him being Bella's father is unbelievable, it will be somewhat interesting to see how they will write him off unless he finds out that he rally isn't the father and has a totally breakdown.

Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1, I stopped watching for awhile with all that chipmunk head nonsense. 

Esteemed Contributor

@loveschocolate- lol me too that was truly a bunch of nonsense.

Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1, hahaha!

Honored Contributor

Or Kevin can do like Phyllis' son Daniel did...just leave town with Bella if she is still his child by the end of the summer when he leaves.

This is really a surprise that his contract wasn't renewed.  Usually they put seldom seen actors on recurring status.  How abrupt.  It's good that he works on other projects...he just adopted a baby with his partner.

I'm so disappointed in Cane.  But in a spoiler that I read, he's going to get payback from Billy when Billy finds out about Juliet and tells Lilly.  Reap what you sow.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

I wonder if they will just have Kevin exit with Bella to go join up with Chloe somewhere. 

Honored Contributor

Summary for Friday, May 5th from soaps.com:

At the Club bar, Victor joins Scott. Nearby, Phyllis spots the Mustache and asks Billy if he wants to go someplace else. He won’t let Victor ruin their time. Vic eyeballs them as they’re seated. He tells Scott that Phyllis is what they call an acquired taste and then wanders over. “Isn’t this so cozy?” They brief him on their reconciliation. Vic feels it’s good news for Victoria, but is put out to hear he’s staying on at Brash & Sassy. Victor rejoins Scott and informs him that there is going to be no book. Meanwhile, Billy and Phyllis elect to leave. Scott is flustered; this was his way of paying back the debt he owes him. Victor feels they can find something else, and thanks him for coming.

At Victoria’s place, she fills Nick in on Billy going back to Phyllis and blames Victor for blowing up her relationship. She asks her brother what it is about Phyllis that lures men in. Nick isn’t sure, and Vikki snarks that he’s unhelpful. She rants about Billy’s poor opinion of her, and Nick muses that maybe they shouldn’t be together. He adds that being more like Phyllis isn’t the way to win him back; she is the woman he has kids with and has fallen for again and again. Later, Katie appears; she misses Daddy. Vikki has an idea.

As The Hilary Hour concludes at GC Buzz, Mariah takes Hilary to task for trashing her on air. Hilary reiterates that Mariah and Devon are just ‘hanging out’ as opposed to having a romance. Mariah takes a call from Devon, and then rubs it in to Hilary that he’s sending a private car to take her for a ride on his private jet. Later, Jordan arrives and Hilary knocks his hand away from her neck as she tersely explains tonight is not a good time. Once alone, she swipes her laptop off the table.

At the ranch, Tessa apologizes for messing up the seating for the charity benefit. Nikki asks the girl to level with her about her office experience. Tessa worries she’s fired, but Nikki needs her, and also likes her. Talk turns to open mic and performing on stage. Tessa figures Nikki must have torn it up at the Bayou. Nikki admits she misses the applause; there’s nothing like it.

At Phyllis’ place, she and Billy drink wine and hope it will get easier from this point on. Phyllis wonders if they’ve made a mistake, but Billy doesn’t want to be anywhere else. They are kissing when Victoria calls and asks him to say goodnight to Katie. Phyllis leaves the room. When Billy disconnects, Phyllis appears in black lingerie and they christen the night as the ‘new normal’ as they’re together now, falling onto the sofa to make love.

Chelsea arrives at The Underground and chats with Noah about Nick and Christian. Nikki enters with Tessa, who takes Noah aside – she has an idea for her spot tonight. Chelsea and Nikki watch them chatting and Nikki shares that she admires the girl. Later, Jordan arrives and recognizes Chelsea. They talk about their ‘good times being bad’ and how their lives are different now. They agree not to let anyone know about their former friendship. He hands her a business card and she hastily excuses herself as Nick appears. Elsewhere, Noah lets Nikki know he likes Tessa. He gets on stage and introduces her. Tessa invites Nikki up to play keyboard. Nikki joins her, whispering that Tessa’s in so much trouble. As they play, Nick grins like a fool. Victor enters and smiles to see Nikki happy up on stage.

Devon romances Mariah with champagne as the jet takes off for a tour of the city. Mariah thinks he’s trying to seduce her. Mariah talks about trying out all the jet’s luxuries and they share a toast and kiss.

Hilary lets herself into Devon’s penthouse, spots their framed photo and flashes to him proposing. She scrambles to hide behind the bar when Devon arrives with Mariah and they start making out. Mariah and Devon stop to establish that it isn’t about anyone but them. The clothes start flying off much to Hil’s shock, and she winds up in tears as she hears them laughing and getting passionate on the staircase.

A Look Ahead to Monday, May 8th:

Neil says to Ashley, “We are pursuing an international conglomerate, Mergeron Enterprises.”

Abby rants at a chuckling Scott, “Thank God you’re not writing my dad’s book because you’d probably just paint me as a bimbo!”

Mariah, grinning, tells Hilary, “My life was sad and pathetic before Devon showed me the world and blew my mind.”

Honored Contributor

Ok, so Mariah's not frigid.  I was wondering about her since she and Kevin didn't make sparks in the bedroom, lol.