Honored Contributor

Re: Y&R May 2017...SPOILERS!!!

@Annabellethecat66, it bears repeating that I wish you well tomorrow.  Will it be early in the morning or afternoon.

If you don't mind saying....what made you decide to get both knees done at the same time?  I've heard pro and con for both ways.  I'm betting you say that you're tired of hurting and just decided to get it all over with.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@loveschocolate I appreciate the time you spend keeping us up to date on the latest Y&R.  Thank you very much.  Also, prayers are always welcome.  I totally believe in the power of prayer.

@Annabellethecat66, prayers and best wishes for a rapid recovery. Will miss you here!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie

Spoiler
that emoji by the s with a slash in it.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ok, I found the box @loveschocolate but what I typed isn't shown, lol. 

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I am sending out good thoughts for you!  I hope the knee replacements go well. 

I will try to watch for you this week- however, if they insist on filling the screen with Ravi- I can't promise!  

It would be totally out of character for Victor if he didn't get revenge on Chloe so maybe we can look forward to that!

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I can't believe Jess Walton (Jill) was nominated for a Daytime Emmy in the Lead Actress category!  She's hardly been there!  I guess no one else submitted a reel?

Apparently, all you have to do is submit one good scene... As I've said before, I think the award should be given for a body of work throughout the year... The only time a single perfromance makes sense is with a film or a limited series... But I guess TV, being envious of movies, decided to try to copy the Oscars by awarding a single 'performance'... It's just plain stupid...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

Well, @aubnwa01, I'm one of ilk who thinks Jess Walton deserves the nom for Best Actress. The award should be based on quality vs quantity of work. JW brings it every time (and then some). It seems that since the Emmy's went "online" vs network broadcast fewer actors are bothering to submit a reel of their work to be nominated. I had no idea it worked like that, to be honest. Sharon Case should be nominated as well in the Best Actress category. MCE (Chelsea) should not be nominated. Too whiny and sniveling. Gina T. is not that good, either. She has changed the Phyllis character and not in a good way. If you have to ask to be recognized for your body of work it diminishes the recognition, doesn't it? Perhaps it's just how things are done now. 

dee

Which just goes to show... Because I think Jess chews the scenery a good bit of the time and thought Gina has had her very solid moments... I'm also not sure we can 'blame' an actor for changing a character, because it seems that the writers have quite a bit to do with it... I also think that with a continuing series like these shows are, the body of work over the year is what should be rewarded rather than a single good scene... Personally, I think these awards have become somewhat meaningless now that we're down to only a few soaps on the air... The competition just isn't that stiff any more... And the nominating process continues to be iffy.

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

Eeew!  I don't even watch today's episode if Ashley and Ravi are on.  I seriously think the writers are trying to kill this show!

@Annabellethecat66, I have never liked Billy and Phyllis together.  I know it's a soap opera but just so wrong for Billy to be with his brother's wife.  Also, to me it was not very believable storyline wise.  I am just not loving new-Billy.  I actually liked the actor on GH but not here.  Victoria is not my favorite either but she just needs to move on from Billy. 

Interesting because I don't have a problem with Billy and in fact am liking him better over time... I also like him and Phyllis together, though I also think she's about the only one who might be able to breathe some life into His Nastiness... Nick. 

Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Roni18 wrote:

Eeew!  I don't even watch today's episode if Ashley and Ravi are on.  I seriously think the writers are trying to kill this show!

@Annabellethecat66, I have never liked Billy and Phyllis together.  I know it's a soap opera but just so wrong for Billy to be with his brother's wife.  Also, to me it was not very believable storyline wise.  I am just not loving new-Billy.  I actually liked the actor on GH but not here.  Victoria is not my favorite either but she just needs to move on from Billy. 

Interesting because I don't have a problem with Billy and in fact am liking him better over time... I also like him and Phyllis together, though I also think she's about the only one who might be able to breathe some life into His Nastiness... Nick. 

Smiley Wink

And I actually like Nick! Smiley Happy

But I do admit he could clean up a little bet better!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's funny @Roni18, just goes to show the old 'different strokes' thing always applies... Going back as far as I can remember, I never found Nick either appealing or interesting... I also find his moral indignation a little hard to take at times, because while he's always been a sort of 'nice guy' he's also not always been exactly a prince to some of his girlfriends... Moreover, when he starts breaking bad on Victor, I think he ought to ask himself what he'd have done had he been forced to make it on his own... Josh Morrow, who plays Nick, has also never really impressed me with his acting abilities... and he doesn't seem to have matured in the role... He seems to plays Nick the same way now he did when he was younger... You'd like to think both the character and the actor had grown a bit... And then there's that whole funky looking thing he's got going...

Smiley Very Happy