Honored Contributor

Re: ,Re: Y&R May 2017...SPOILERS!!!

See, I think the myth of pulling teens in during the summer is just that.. a myth. Back in the day it might have been a reality, but these days, I think teens are more interested in Social Media than they are in watching an antiquated soap that's trying to capture a younger demographic in all the wrong ways... Besides which, if they had any hope of pulling in teens by adding teens then they'd have needed to add APPEALING teens... This bunch of dweebs isn't likely to have much of an impact...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Y&R May 2017...SPOILERS!!!

I just got home from my daughter's house and rehab (double knee replacement).

My daughter has 4 children (girls ages 13 and 14 and two boys 10, 5).  I lived with them for more than a week.  They definitely do not (nor do their friends watch TV).

They are either on the computer or texting with their friends, (i.e. Snapchat, whatever the latest is called).

Both my son in law (in the computer business) and daughter are very computer savvy and I can tell you they have to hop to to keep ahead or near those children.  

Especially teens have no interest in sitting in front of a TV, so many of you are right.

A few days ago was the first time I saw Cain and Lilly's daughter (as a teenager).  I read here it was going to happen but still, it's a shock.

Nothing we can do about it but I have to wonder just who is advising these show runners, etc because they are way off on this stuff.

Take care and it's good to be back (a little, but back).

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I just got home from my daughter's house and rehab (double knee replacement).

My daughter has 4 children (girls ages 13 and 14 and two boys 10, 5).  I lived with them for more than a week.  They definitely do not (nor do their friends watch TV).

They are either on the computer or texting with their friends, (i.e. Snapchat, whatever the latest is called).

Both my son in law (in the computer business) and daughter are very computer savvy and I can tell you they have to hop to to keep ahead or near those children.  

Especially teens have no interest in sitting in front of a TV, so many of you are right.

A few days ago was the first time I saw Cain and Lilly's daughter (as a teenager).  I read here it was going to happen but still, it's a shock.

Nothing we can do about it but I have to wonder just who is advising these show runners, etc because they are way off on this stuff.

Take care and it's good to be back (a little, but back).

@Annabellethecat66  Welcome back! Smiley Happy  I always thought that if I had to have knee replacements I would want to do both at the same time.  How do you feel about it now?

Regular Contributor

@Annabellethecat  - glad to see you post again  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66. Feel better soon!!! My DD is home from college and between taking a summer course, work and hanging out with friends, she rarely watches TV. If she does, it's bingeing on Netflix. She's 19 and will be 20 at the end of July. I am really bored with Y&R right now. 

Honored Contributor

Hi, @Annabellethecat66.i hope everything is tolerable now and that the worst is behind you.  You were very grave to do both knees at one time.  Glad your daughters home was available to you.

I haven't watched the show yet today.  I expect to see Hillary wondering around to see how the tape viewing went.  I wonder if she has another copy.  Sure she does.  I don't know how it could happen but Juliet might be the one to release the naked pictures of Hillary.  If there are some naked pictures.

Funny how Victor, all of a sudden, needs all of Scott's help.  He has  plenty of detectives at his disposal.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Summary for Monday, May 29th from soaps.com:

At Newman, Scott listens as Victor speaks to Dr. Harris on the phone about Chloe. After, Scott admits what he heard. Victor claims he’s searching for Chloe to give his family closure. Scott thinks she’ll eventually slip up, and mentions suggesting psychiatric facilities to Chelsea. Vic is sure that will be a dead end. Scott produces the requested concert list and complains about performing menial tasks. Vic dismisses him. In the corridor, Abby grills Scott about his meetings with her father. He says not everything revolves around her. In his office, Victor flashes to relocating Chloe to Dr. Harris’ house, where she was injected with drugs and placed under 24-hour surveillance. Abby enters and presumes he’s thinking about Adam. Victor ruminates about his children lying to him and going behind his back. Abby smiles uncomfortably.

In Dr. Harris’ house, Chloe panics about the man and woman who were there asking about her – she doesn’t want to go to prison. Harris soothes that they’re gone now. Out in the car, Chelsea tells Nick the doctor was holding back. They decide to go back in. Harris sees them through the peephole and hides Chloe before letting them inside. Chelsea tells Harris she won’t leave until she sees Chloe’s visitor records from the facility. Harris claims Chloe had no visitors. As Nick and Chelsea prepare to leave, she spots a sketchpad. In the car, she tells Nick what she saw makes her believe Harris knows where Chloe is. Inside, Harris reports to Victor by phone and Chloe overhears him say, “I’ll take care of her.”

Cane arrives at Brash & Sassy and is stunned to hear that Victoria fired Juliet and not Billy. Cane accuses her of never having had any intention of firing her ex. Vikki defends her decision, but Cane argues Billy’s a problem and Juliet’s paying the price for his mistake. Vikki ends the conversation.

At the park, Phyllis tells Billy she knows he was joking on the footage; she ‘gets’ his humor. She assures him that if he’s done at Brash & Sassy he’ll go on to bigger and better things and proposes he could join the Fenmore’s team; Jack would have to suck it up. They recall working together at Restless Style didn’t end well but acknowledge they’re different people now. Billy wanted to prove himself to Jill at Brash & Sassy. Phyllis assures him he did. Billy feels lucky to have her. Later, Scott is there when Abby passes by with a shopping bag. She defends her need for retail therapy at length and warns him not to look down on her. After a rant about making the most of her opportunities at Newman, unlike him, she storms off as he calls, “Have a nice day!”

Lily arrives at GC Buzz, where Hilary tells her not to blame her, and is surprised she’s not furious. Lily laments that her commercial won’t air and wonders what Hil is talking about. Hilary says, “The flashdrive.” Lily reveals Cane crushed it before she saw anything and presumes that Hilary’s reaction means she’s jealous. They bicker. Lily asks Hil to delete the footage from the Hollywood show for Cane and follows her to her laptop. After a phone call about headshots, Hilary offers to prove the footage is gone by showing Lily her video files. Her mouse hovers over ‘Juliet and her Romeo’, when she’s interrupted by an issue with a canceled guest. Lily decides she believes her and leaves.

Juliet orders a martini at the Club bar. Later, Hilary appears and apologizes for confronting her previously. Juliet reveals Victoria threw her under the bus and Hil offers to listen if she wants to vent. They sit down and trash Victoria’s leadership skills. Juliet feels there’s nothing she can do. Hilary thinks she has more power than she realizes.

Billy arrives at Brash & Sassy, where Victoria and Cane have made peace. She tells Billy she rejects his resignation – she fired Juliet and needs his help on a new promotion. Victoria warns he’ll have to prove himself again and be more careful. Billy agrees. Vikki wants to reschedule the San Diego trip, but he wants to focus on work. Later, Cane informs Billy it wasn’t cool to let Juliet take the fall. He accuses him of hiding behind his ex-wife and predicts he’ll screw up again. Billy insists he’s not going anywhere. Meanwhile, Phyllis arrives and learns Victoria didn’t accept Billy’s resignation. Vikki smiles that she’s happy they’re still a team. They’re all sorry about Juliet’s fate. Phyllis remarks pointedly that when two people want the same thing, there’s always a winner and a loser.

At home, Cane and Lily discuss Juliet’s termination. Lily hopes it leads to a better opportunity for her.

A Look Ahead to Tuesday, May 30th:

Nikki enters Victor’s office and asks, “What have you done now?”

Chelsea says to Nick, “Please go back with me. I’m positive Chloe’s in that house.”

Chloe grabs a pair of scissors and raises them over her head, preparing to plunge them into Dr. Harris’ back.

Honored Contributor

Spoilers for Week of May 29th from soaps.com:

Monday May 29:

Dr Harris reassures Chloe

Hilary offers to buy Juliet drinks and lend an ear.

Dr. Harris comforts Chloe.

Nick and Chelsea decide to try again.

Victor has a plan.

Someone is in danger of losing their job at Brash & Sassy.

Tuesday May 30:

Jack's needling gets to Phyllis.

Chloe reappears.

Chelsea's world is rocked.

Wednesday May 31:

Victor is at risk of exposure by his son.

Ashley holds a dinner for Dina.

Cane upsets Juliet further.

Thursday June 1:

Something unexpected happens to Neil.

Devon and Hilary revisit their feelings for one another.

Kevin opens up to Gloria.

Friday June 2:

Ashley finds out more about Graham.

Abby makes an admission to her father.

Nick receives a surprise courtesy of Sharon.

Honored Contributor

Spoilers for week of May 29th from soapcentral.com:

Victor is shocked by what he discovers

Victor discloses his secret plan

Nick threatens to expose Victor

Chelsea's discovery about Chloe sends her into a tailspin

Sharon sees a brighter future

Sharon surprises Nick

Ashley plans an Abbott family dinner party that turns tense

Traci has never forgiven Dina for leaving them

Each Abbott has an agenda when Dina arrives

Abby sees Dina as a kindred spirit

Abby's alliance with Dina could put a wedge between her and Ashley daughter

The tension is broken by an unexpected source

Jack knows which buttons to push on Phyllis

Ashley wants more information about Dina's relationship with Graham

Hilary tells Juliet to fight back

Hilary hones her revenge plans against Cane

Devon confronts Hilary about her actions and their old feelings surface

Cane turns Juliet's situation from bad to worse

Neil is blindsided

Kevin confides Gloria

Casting scoops

Margarita Franco returns as Mrs. Martinez, the Abbott's faithful maid, on May 31.

Beth Maitland returns as Traci on May 31 and June 1.

Corbin Bernsen will return as Father Todd Williams on June 5 and 6.

Ryan Ashton has been cast as Zack, a confident entrepreneur. His first airdate was May 18.

Greg Rikaart's contract will not be renewed, and Greg will be leaving the show sometime in August.

Angell Conwell reprises her role as Leslie Michelson

A sneak peek at next week

Sharon wants to move forward with a fresh start

Ashley asks about Dina's relationship with Graham

Victor discloses a secret plan

The search for Chloe escalates

Summer preview

Victor will never accept defeat and plans to regain control of his family, no matter what

Nick doesn't tell Chelsea of Victor's involvement with Chloe

Mariah notices the deep connection between Devon and Hilary

Hilary is surprised by the connection she shares with Jordan

Victoria and Phyllis have a tug-of-war and Billy is caught in the middle

Victoria faces a crisis at Brash & Sassy that will push Billy further into Victoria's orbit

Sharon and Scott enjoy the ease of their relationship

Scott and Abby have an intense dislike for each other and constantly lock horns

Abby's attention turns to a new start-up company and its founder

Cane deals with his guilt over his night with Juliet in Tokyo

Cane makes a rash decision in work that has a damaging affect on his personal life

The Abbotts try to come to terms with Dina after her long absence

Traci forces everyone to confront the skeletons in their closet

Kevin faces a tough time with fatherhood and being a single parent

Kevin's dark side emerges when his situation becomes difficult knowing Chloe killed Adam

Honored Contributor

Wow... just wow... None of these spoilers indicate anything of interest on the horizon... Nor do they indicate any casting of potentially interesting new charactors or good looking, hunky men... You begin to wonder if the producers have an issue with attractive males of the species...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...