Esteemed Contributor

Re: Y&R March 2017....SPOILERS!!!

@Annabellethecat66

I never understood the Kevin character.  IMHO pointless and fill-in character.  As far as I'm concerned Kevin, Abby, Neil, Cane and the like,  can just suddenly disappear along with the other unmentionabes! 

I enjoy the flashbacks:  it gives more depth.  Don't know the 'history' and when I came on the scene Katherine wasn't married.  Seems like it was much more interesting at that time.  Kinda wish they'd incorporate the same writing/story techniques nowadays.

And, they do need some hunky men!  A little eye-candy never hurt any good soap!

OT been having trouble signing in and then getting dropped on this forum today - wondering if anyone else having problems?

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I was at the Drs and didn't see him.

Nothing all that special @Annabellethecat66, just another more or less perfunctory appearance to promote that tedious show... He looked sort of pasty to me and was dressed in a suit. Frankly, if I didn't know what he looked like underneath it, I'd probably not have given him a second look.

@stevieb

he looked bored out of his gourd to meWoman LOL!

Well maybe @eddyandme because they've all been making the rounds, telling us how great the show is and what wonderful actors and people they all are...  Blah-blah and blah again... Sick of hearing about it. It's a decent show, no more and no less... If anything, they're turning me against it... I think he and others were sent on a promo tour, and if it's 'all that' and the ratings are simply through the roof, then really, what. is. the. point. ?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Nothing all that special @Annabellethecat66, just another more or less perfunctory appearance to promote that tedious show... He looked sort of pasty to me and was dressed in a suit. Frankly, if I didn't know what he looked like underneath it, I'd probably not have given him a second look.

@stevieb

Well maybe @eddyandme because they've all been making the rounds, telling us how great the show is and what wonderful actors and people they all are...  Blah-blah and blah again... Sick of hearing about it. It's a decent show, no more and no less... If anything, they're turning me against it... I think he and others were sent on a promo tour, and if it's 'all that' and the ratings are simply through the roof, then really, what. is. the. point. ?

@stevieb

Bet he'll be back - that's why the Chloe-done-it thing is in limbo right now; but, he'l be making a return before Chelsea and Nick tie the knot; wish the Delia thing will finally come to light, but that, too, must wait for Justin's return. Then, finally things will get interesting again - and we'll have one piece of eye-candy to admire!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@Annabellethecat66

I never understood the Kevin character.  IMHO pointless and fill-in character.  As far as I'm concerned Kevin, Abby, Neil, Cane and the like,  can just suddenly disappear along with the other unmentionabes! 

I enjoy the flashbacks:  it gives more depth.  Don't know the 'history' and when I came on the scene Katherine wasn't married.  Seems like it was much more interesting at that time.  Kinda wish they'd incorporate the same writing/story techniques nowadays.

And, they do need some hunky men!  A little eye-candy never hurt any good soap!

OT been having trouble signing in and then getting dropped on this forum today - wondering if anyone else having problems?

I agree... and so many others... The problem lies in them trying to make the 'also ran' characters into main characters without having laid the groundwork for it, without properly casting them, and without ensuring the audience is either bonded enough with the character or that the character is dastardly enough that the audience will love to hate them... you know, rather than merely just finding them annoying... Heck, even most of those who are supposed to be the main characters on this show no longer have viable story lines... and while at least we're seeing a little more character development with some characters, it's moving very slowly... And YES, eye candy on a soap is a must and they've got exactly none...

Fingers crossed, no problems on the boards today, but we all know how wonky they can be... and sometimes for some and other times for others...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@eddyandme wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb

@stevieb

Bet he'll be back - that's why the Chloe-done-it thing is in limbo right now; but, he'l be making a return before Chelsea and Nick tie the knot; wish the Delia thing will finally come to light, but that, too, must wait for Justin's return. Then, finally things will get interesting again - and we'll have one piece of eye-candy to admire!

@eddyandme For a while... I kind of thought that might a big surprise they had in store for everyone... and why they keep his picture on Victor's desk and so on... That perhaps when filming for the 'second coming' show breaks for the year, he'd do a time-limited stint in Genoa City... He's said he's not coming pack and the producer has said he's not coming back, but I'd thought that was maybe so they could keep it a deep, dark secret... I don't know, though, it's looking doubtful and I don't see a truly permanent return in the cards... Even if the 'second coming' disappeared tomorrow, I have to suspect he'd have other offers... Maybe not, though. You never know it that business...

Honored Contributor

Funny story @Annabellethecat66... As part of the interview yesterday with Justin, they mentioned that in the first episode, Jack bared his tush and they asked if that was in the cards for Kevin (Justin)... He (jokingly) said he didn't know but that he was sort of put off that they hadn't asked... So I guess you never know...

Truth is, if you saw it, it was fleeting, and if you blinked your eye you missed what very, very little was shown... I mention this specifically to you Annabelle, because I know what a wanton dame you are...

Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb

@stevieb

@eddyandme For a while... I kind of thought that might a big surprise they had in store for everyone... and why they keep his picture on Victor's desk and so on... That perhaps when filming for the 'second coming' show breaks for the year, he'd do a time-limited stint in Genoa City... He's said he's not coming pack and the producer has said he's not coming back, but I'd though that was maybe so they could keep it a deep, dark secret... I don't know, though, it's looking doubtful and I don't see a truly permanent return in the cards... Even if the 'second coming' disappeared tomorrow, I have to suspect he's have other offers... Maybe not, though. You never know it that business...

@stevieb

Don't think his show has that much time.  Never watch it, but why the 'tour' if the show's doing well.  Y&R previously has been on The Talk and Price Is Right off and on - before the new writers when it really seemed to have tanked. So, it may be happening - keep the faith!

Honored Contributor

Summary for Wednesday, March 8th from soaps.com:

Billy and Reed discuss the teen’s impending return to open mic night at the coffeehouse. Reed enthuses over the change in his mother. Billy quips that she’s pretty cool – he married her twice. Reed acts twitchy when Zoey appears, so Billy makes himself scarce. Zoey gushes about Reed’s video, and he shyly invites her to come hear him play. After, Billy tells a grinning Reed to have fun tonight, and be good.

At Brash & Sassy, Victoria is on video chat with Cane and Juliet in Japan and warns them about the crucial meeting. Cane smoothly assures her he’s got this. Lily arrives and gets on with Cane. She updates him that the twins are gone overnight, and he says he loves her in Japanese. After, Lily confides to Victoria that they have issues due to Colin staying at their house. Later, Billy joins Victoria for takeout and she gets riled when he mentions Zoey. She snarks that the cyberbully’s endgame might be ‘pregnant with a Newman’. She takes off, but Billy stops her from going to confront the girl or Reed. They debate attending the open mic night, but Vikki sighs that she promised to stay away. She’s also waiting on Cane’s call. Billy senses she’s concerned she made a mistake sending him. Vikki rambles on about not being able to go herself. Billy offers to watch the kids and office. Vikki doesn’t want to second-guess her staff. She paces and talks about wanting to crush Jabot in Asia. Billy hopes Cane knows failure isn’t an option.

In Japan, Juliet runs Cane through the dos and don’ts of Japanese etiquette before meeting with Mr. Sato (Richard Narita). She’s impressed with Cane’s knowledge. The businessman arrives and the tone is serious as the meeting gets underway. Cane reveals he was a driving force behind the men’s line. Sato isn’t keen on it. Cane and Juliet work to tout the products, but Sato’s not interested. Cane continues to push the men’s line to the point where Juliet looks uneasy and Sato’s expression is unreadable. In the end, Sato agrees to the partnership on the weight of Cane’s argument. Cane and Juliet allow themselves a smile. As Sato prepares to leave, Cane offends him deeply with a ‘bro hug’ and Juliet sternly warns he’s blown the deal as Cane groans.

Mariah kicks off a new segment of GC Buzz warning fans they’re about to see something that might shock them – Hilary Hamilton doing housework. They spar verbally as they start their ‘mop off’. Hilary grabs a sponge and wins. She drops tomato sauce on Mariah and says the product’s also good for laundry. Jordan and Devon rush to congratulate Hilary on a great segment. Mariah grimaces. Devon and Jordan enthuse over Mariah and Hilary’s chemistry. Hil takes Jordan’s arm and they head out for their drink. Devon pastes on a smile, but Mariah doesn’t believe he’s fine with the situation; she invites him to open mic night. Devon glances at Hilary and Jordan and accepts.

At The Underground, Jordan wonders what went wrong between Hilary and Devon, but she doesn’t want to talk about it. They notice Mariah and Devon across the room with Noah. Devon spots Hilary and Mariah offers to leave, but he’s fine. Hilary confides to Jordan that Devon obviously followed them there and, grinning, they elect to pretend he’s not there. Soon, Lily arrives and greets Mariah and Devon. Mariah warns Devon to tell her who else is here. Devon reveals Hilary and Jordan are there on a date. Irked, Lily presses Devon to sign his divorce papers and then corners Jordan. “Have you completely lost your mind?” Jordan remains casual as she asks, “You’re dating that?” but shakes his head when she gets into it with Hilary, hissing if she was a toy she’d be recalled for toxic parts. Devon intervenes and says he’s leaving, while Hil apologizes to Jordan and follows. Reed arrives and seats Zoey and her friends. Lily gives Jordan a thorough rundown on Hilary’s misdeeds. He’s exhausted. Noah introduces Reed. Zoey and her friend laugh about a photo, but Reed thinks they’re laughing at him and storms off the stage.

At Devon’s penthouse, Hilary confronts her husband angrily. Devon swigs a drink as she rants that she needs closure and is not leaving until he forgives her or signs the divorce papers.

A Look Ahead to Thursday, March 9th:

Lauren hugs Scott as Michael embraces Kevin.

Cane wants to apologize to Mr. Sato, but Juliet warns it will only make things worse. Cane panics. “What do we do if he doesn’t come back?”

Billy tells Victoria, “We are totally screwed.” She rolls her eyes and sighs.

Honored Contributor

So, about those spoilers, sounds like Wednesday would be best missed... Thanks for the head's up @loveschocolate...

Smiley Wink

I keep thinking that Scott is going to end up being behind his own kidnapping...

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme @stevieb Just sitting here with the cat on my chest (he must weigh about 12 or more lbs).  I keep telling him he's lucky his mom's so flat chested with boobs that go sideways because it makes room for him to lay there.....anyway, it was either post here or pluck my mustache and (as you can see) you guys won out!  I'll do the mustache later although I keep feeling it with my lower lip (driving me nuts).

OK, so can I say you guys are both wonderful and cruel.  Wonderful because you give me hope about my...yes...my Justin and cruel because you give me hope about Justin .....Ying and Ying....Ha!

I don't see anything negative about the show but I do think you guys might be right.  Although he's in the 'big time' now.  I doubt he'll go back to the slums of soapdom...otherwise known as Genoa City....

Did you notice that when they show Phillip they don't show Jess Walton (our Jill) because the Phillip they show who was old(er) only did scenes with Brenda Dickenson (the first Jill).  I thought it was very noticeable today when Jill was remembering Phillip.

Here's some background going way back for those who don't go that far back....Some of it I'd forgotten.

I was going to post it but it's just way too long.  Go here.  This is the background on Jill and Phillip's love child, I'd forgotten about the circumstances.  Some of you might find it interesting:

http://theyoungandtherestless.wikia.com/wiki/Phillip_Chancellor_III