Honored Contributor

Re: Y&R March 2017....SPOILERS!!!

It's been awhile since someone got pregnant....wasn't it Abby?  And then she lost the baby because of the demon kid?  What happened to (hate to say his name as he might pop back up.....(I'm whispering...Stitch)?  He just disappeared....well someone hasn't his his or her head since Devon...so...maybe he'll stay gone...unless he shows up to check out Lauren's 40 year old son!  How old is this person anyway?  He looks like he might be at least 37 or so?  

Lauren is an ugly crier....even fake she's an ugly crier!  I do like Lauren and Michael together though.  I've always liked them together.....I like Michael...in the soap world I can't even criticize him....

I also like that they are FINALLY giving Victor to be nice, based on what I heard in that interview, the actor likes playing nice for a change.  He said it got to be such a drag always being a rotten person.

OK, so I can't stand Gloria and Jack together.  The only good thing about it is we won't be seeing Jack all 1/2 naked slobering a lot.  They just don't have any guys even close to Justin, not even close.....Oh!  Now I'm sad.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Justin was by earlier @Annabellethecat66... Here's a little snippet... Sorry, the rest is censored... Note how anxious he is... What can I say... He adores me...

jrs.gif

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I'm just....disgusted.

On what planet is Kevin in ANY way trained to go in and rescue someone? For freaks sake, he allowed Sharon to call Dillon!! So now Kevin is trained in Black Ops type maneuvers?! This story line is so far out that it's a waste of time for me. I loved it UNTIL Kevin was made the "hero". WTF!

I need some help with the ring: is there a backstory? Was it and the key and the jewelry box ever shown on air? Has Jill ever seen it? Does she even know about it? At this point, Colin is someone I wish they would write off, but I don't see it happening. Sadly, there ARE men like this in real life, so this story line is far more believable.

@SahmIam

OTOH, this would be a perfect opportunity to kill Kevin off!

Honored Contributor

I've only watched Y&R for not quite 3 years, so I don't know much background for any of the characters.  

However ...  Is there some reason Victor and Nikki live in such a small, dull home?    Isn't this guy supposed to be a billionnaire?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I've only watched Y&R for not quite 3 years, so I don't know much background for any of the characters.  

However ...  Is there some reason Victor and Nikki live in such a small, dull home?    Isn't this guy supposed to be a billionnaire?

It's supposed to be the Newman 'ranch' @Tinkrbl44 and hence supposedly quite a spread... A few years back, Crazy Sharon burned the original 'main house' down and this is the rebuild... Since the old place was put asunder we never see anything but that living room... The old ranch was much more attractive and while we didn't ever see much of it, we saw far more of it than that one angle of the living area and the foyer, which is about all we're privy to these days...

Likewise, we used to occasionally see more of the Abbot house than just that one angle of their living room, but not so much anymore... They did show us the beautiful dining room a few months back, but I guess that was a one time only... Same for the Chancellor mansion... though we never saw much of it other than the living room... 

Honored Contributor

Speaking of sets, I'm glad to see them doing fewer of the outdoor and supposedly outdoor scenes... Y&R has always had sort of a dark aesthetic and they were messing with it...

Of course, we now know that Chelsea does, indeed, have a bedroom and not merely a sofa... What a dreadfully unappealing way to find out...

Trusted Contributor

Hi girls. Well I'm going to say it ,-  I am probably the only one here that likes Chelsea and Nick together.  I really like them both.  Sorry

Jessa
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 Some of it has to do with cutting costs.  In earlier years there were lots of parties with very fancy dresses, lots of wonderful food, etc.  They still do get teased (the actors are in on it) about he fact that Y&R has more 'cakes' than any other soap.  It's kind of like an 'inside' joke with some of the reporters/interviewers and the actors.

Oh!  The parties!  Did you see a little of the outfits around Christmas (is that when they showed the old tape of Niki marrying Victor) for the first time?  The clothes were very fancy especially compared to these days.

Some of the everyday clohtes are expensive for the average person but wouldn't be for say a billionaire.  

I was thinking all of the ex-alcoholics on this show should write a book on how easily they were able to overcome their addiction.  Half of the town is an ex-alcoholic, yet they are drinking and around wine 24/7.

Honored Contributor

@jessa wrote:

Hi girls. Well I'm going to say it ,-  I am probably the only one here that likes Chelsea and Nick together.  I really like them both.  Sorry

@Jessa9 I can take or leave either of them individually, but together, to me, they're a big bust... However, I completely respect your point of view...

Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Unfortunate but true about the cost cutting and the lack of nice sets and costumes... When soaps started to lose their luster and the ratings dropped and it became apparent they were pretty expensive to produce compared to the endless array of daytime talk shows, the budgets went out the window... At one time, these shows were totally produced at a very high level... The sets, constumes, music and so on, were all top-notch, often outshining primetime...