Honored Contributor

Re: Y&R March 2017....SPOILERS!!!

@SahmIam Yes, you are right about missing little segments here and there.  I've done that.  When my children were young I was busy with them.  Then I'd come back and so on.  I have (on the whole) missed very little though....considering...

You are so right about how we used to be able to figure out what we missed when coming back but these days with different writers it's very difficult because there isn't much continuity and they leave so many things left up in the air.  

For instance when I read on @loveschocolate account and it said, (paraphrasing) 'Faith calls Sharon saying something was wrong with Niki" immediately my head raced to:  "it must be her Multiple Sclerosis rearing it's head" (remember, she became a drunk and the disease just disappeared)".  Same thing with Cain starting his pain killer addiction (it looked like it then it never started), same thing with Michael and his prostate cancer and on and on...(i.e. what happened to Adam, is Chloe going to get away with blowing (supposedly) him up, how did Chloe know about that secret hole in the closet that goes across town all the way to a cabin in the woods....and on and on).  Ha!

Sorry, where was my brain?  For an instant I was thinking it was the old days when things kinda (at least kinda) wrapped up and THEN moved on.

I almost forgot on question that's driving me crazy these days is 'when in the hay is Lauren going to get rid of those stringy fake extensions?'

I love my 2 soaps and for those who don't understand why soap lovers complain so much about their soaps....it's because we can and it's fun.....

Honored Contributor

I was just thinking that I see a glimmer of hope/light when I found out (thanks @loveschocolate) Esther called Murphy and he shows up to say (paraphrasing) "Good I'm glad you found it".  She'll figure out about the ring, then realize it was in Colin's stuff accidentally and Billy had someone take it to the thrift store.  Hopefully she'll find out (maybe see something on him) that he went there and got a few of his things and on and on.  I hope it doesn't drag on forever and gets resolved and......

As @stevieb and I are excited thinking about maybe he'll get the 'boot' once and for all!  @stevieb would like to see his kid go too but it doesn't matter so much to me...my main interest is that Colin takes a hike back over to General Hospital and STAYS THERE forever!

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam For all his supposed foibles, the writing hasn't been consistently good since Bill Bell's days. The current team is supposedly made up of writers with experience writing this show and this is why some of us assumed, obviously incorrectly, that they would turn things around. Maybe they still will, but they're certainly taking their time... The last group of writers, headed by Chuck Pratt, were, to many of us, an absolute disaster. They're the group that got the boot and deservedly so. Still, if you look at the history of production and writing teams over the years, Y&R has had many. Some of them were clearly up to the task but some of them just as obviously weren't...

You'll see a list of producers/writers here and can see, based on when they were large and in charge, those that knew what they were doing and those who didn't...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Young_and_the_Restless

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

So I was reading where Victoria and JT are divorcing in real life... I didn't realize he was one of the producers of the film La La Land... 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I was just thinking that I see a glimmer of hope/light when I found out (thanks @loveschocolate) Esther called Murphy and he shows up to say (paraphrasing) "Good I'm glad you found it".  She'll figure out about the ring, then realize it was in Colin's stuff accidentally and Billy had someone take it to the thrift store.  Hopefully she'll find out (maybe see something on him) that he went there and got a few of his things and on and on.  I hope it doesn't drag on forever and gets resolved and......

As @stevieb and I are excited thinking about maybe he'll get the 'boot' once and for all!  @stevieb would like to see his kid go too but it doesn't matter so much to me...my main interest is that Colin takes a hike back over to General Hospital and STAYS THERE forever!

It would be a hard choice, but I'd almost rather see Cane go than Colin...

Smiley Surprised

Putting both of them on a slow boat back Down Under would work best...

Smiley Wink

I didn't realize that at one time Cane had been fired from the show... I can't imagine why they thought it was a good idea to bring him back... Of all the male characters who have come and gone from the show, this is one that has consistently added nothing, at least for me.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb  I read that too. I liked them as a couple. You could tell whenever they were onscreen that the chemistry was real. So sorry it ended.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yep @Annabellethecat66, it does appear Jill is going to want to figure out what else was supposed to be in the box from Kay... I hope she does, realizes what he did and that'll be the end of him... If she forgives him this, she'll forgive him anything... I cannot fathom for the life of me what she sees in the repugnant little gecko...

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@stevieb  I read that too. I liked them as a couple. You could tell whenever they were onscreen that the chemistry was real. So sorry it ended.

Guess JT won't be returning.

Honored Contributor

Summary for Friday, March 3rd from soaps.com:

At the penthouse, Chelsea seems nervous about Nick hanging around but then asks for help with her dress zipper. The air becomes charged briefly, and then Nick reveals the truth about Faith’s call. Chelsea is worried about his daughter having a problem with them being together. They realize that this is all because Dylan left. Chelsea agonizes about the complicated situation, but Nick makes a heartfelt speech and they kiss. After, they quietly marvel about being together. Chelsea’s not afraid anymore. In a poignant moment, they both remove their wedding rings and embrace. They move upstairs and slowly undress and make love.

Jill is irked with Esther trying to get in on the conversation with Murphy at the Chancellor mansion. Murphy mentions the key in the music box, and Jill hollers in frustration – there wasn’t one! Murphy insists he didn’t put the letter in her mailbox and he was the only one who knew about it besides Katherine. Jill grits her teeth. “How the hell did you pull this one off, Katherine?” Murphy reveals that Katherine was very mysterious about it all and chuckles over her brilliance. He’s apologetic that he can’t help more. Jill asks what Katherine was bequeathing to her – what was it that Phillip always wanted her to have? Murphy only knows the key was for a safety deposit box and its contents. Jill figures someone found it, stole the contents, and left her the letter. They get choked up talking about Katherine as Murphy reveals that making peace with Jill was first on her bucket list. Jill is still bewildered over the decisions Kay made. Murphy chuckles about her wanting the last word. Jill’s voice cracks as she tells the portrait, “I love you Katherine, and I’m sorry too.” Esther reappears and the women see Murphy off. Jill apologizes for snapping at Esther earlier and muses about the mystery.

At Jabot, Phyllis and Ravi are wound up over something and wonder who will tell their bosses. In Jack’s office, Ashley tersely informs him she can handle anything that happens while he’s away. They are bickering about him hiring Gloria when Phyllis and Ravi enter. Phyllis enthuses that the Fenmore’s app has exceeded all expectations. Ashley gushes about Ravi’s accomplishment. He is quick to share credit with Phyllis. Ash concedes that acquiring Fenmore’s was a good move, but insinuates that Phyllis stole her resource – Ravi – and breezes out with him to celebrate. A disgruntled Phyllis is left with Jack, who tries to assuage her angry feelings. Phyllis senses his generosity is because he’s moved on. She jokes about him trying to convince her he was seeing Gloria previously. She’s about to leave when he grins about a text. Phyllis teases him, but hopes he’s genuinely happy.

A frazzled Lauren enters Victor’s office and urgently asks if he and Michael have heard anything about her son. They talk about checkpoints and gently urge Lauren to go rest or eat. Lauren narrows her eyes – they’re trying to get rid of her. She asks Victor for the truth. Vic can’t promise Scott will come back safely. Sighing deeply, Lauren wishes Scott had chosen a safer profession. Abby enters with a crisis. Victor tells her to handle it herself, but she’s insistent. Michael takes Lauren to eat and Victor advises a rattled Abby.

At the Club, a hostile David Sherman informs Colin he advised Jill to divorce him and press charges. Colin has something that might change her mind. Sherman chuckles cynically, but Colin produces a cashier’s check for the amount of money he took from Jill. Nearby, Ash shares a toast with Ravi as Abby appears. Her mother senses tension and Abby sits and complains it’s not easy working for Victor. Ash invites her to come work for her, but Abby’s sticking where she is. Colin approaches. Ash informs him Jill’s deal for Fenmore’s is no longer on the table. Ash steps away to tell Colin about the surge in Fenmore’s fortunes, and Abby warns Ravi not to expect anything to happen with her mother. Ravi awkwardly reassures her.

David Sherman arrives at the Chancellor mansion with Colin’s check, and says he wouldn’t divulge how he came up with the money. Jill’s eyes narrow – she knows exactly how he paid her back.

In Victor’s office, a triumphant Kevin video calls that he has passed the first hurdle and will call when he has Scott. Elsewhere, a man in ripped jeans with a bloody knee and a cloak over his head is removed from his cell.

A Look Ahead to Monday, March 6th:

Sharon says, “Nick had something he had to do.” Faith looks at Nikki pointedly and says, “He did. He had a date.”

Jill holds out Colin’s check like she’s going to tear it in half. Colin hollers, “Please! Don’t!”

Lauren tells Victor, “The kidnappers ran! They think we double-crossed them. What if my son pays the price for that?!”

Honored Contributor

OH, this is going to be GOOD between Jill and Colin. Do we think she can get the ring back? Wait, she doesn't even know about the ring....maybe she finds out from the bank (isn't a list of items in the SDB kept on file). 

Go Jill!!!!