Honored Contributor

Re: Y&R March 2017....SPOILERS!!!

@stevieb  I remember those epesodes; Jill was played by a different actress. 

Jill was Phillips true love, as I recall. 

This is such a confusing storyline. It would be nice if the writers use flashbacks to show it all.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Also...how are Lauren and Jill related? When did that come up and how?

To me it was a storyline that came out of the blue and I never have seen a reason for it other than to let Jill get involved with Fenmore's.  They said that Lauren's father was Jill's father also (apparently Jill was adopted.)

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

Also...how are Lauren and Jill related? When did that come up and how?

To me it was a storyline that came out of the blue and I never have seen a reason for it other than to let Jill get involved with Fenmore's.  They said that Lauren's father was Jill's father also (apparently Jill was adopted.)

So, who is Jill's mother? Did Katherine have an affair wih Laurens' Dad?

I am SO lost. 

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam Go here:  It will explain everything about Jill:

It's too much to post....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jill_Abbott

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam @Roni18

The reason everybody is lost is because the writers changed course so many times over the years... At one time, Jill was thought to be Katherine's daughter but one of the head writers decided to un-do that, even though the groundwork had been laid out and the story line was a major one for months... In the fallout, it was determined Jill was a Fenmore, but I honestly don't know who her biological mother was supposed to be... though it wasn't Katherine... I honestly don't think they've ever said who her 'real' mother is... So I guess they can mine that one down the road...

Agree, if the writers are going to mine history, and given the current rotten story lines, I don't blame them for doing so, then they're going to have to do a better job of offering the backstory. I suspect they will with regard to Jill's ring, but they can only go so far back with 'flashbacks' because Brenda Dickson played Jill back when she and Phillip Chancellor were lovers.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@SahmIam Go here:  It will explain everything about Jill:

It's too much to post....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jill_Abbott

@SahmIam 

Actually, this site might offer even more insite into the family breakdown...

http://soapcentral.com/yr/whoswho/jill.php

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@stevieb  I remember those epesodes; Jill was played by a different actress. 

Jill was Phillips true love, as I recall. 

This is such a confusing storyline. It would be nice if the writers use flashbacks to show it all.

I suspect they will @SahmIam, but as noted, they can only go so far back because when they go this far back, Jill was played by Brenda Dickson...

Image result for brenda dickson young and restless

Image result for brenda dickson young and restless

Honored Contributor

Wait, Cane is really dead and the "Cane" we see now is his evil twin brother?

WHoa.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

Wait, Cane is really dead and the "Cane" we see now is his evil twin brother?

WHoa.

@SahmIam... This I know nothing about. I wasn't watching when they introduced that whole Cane/Phillip Chancellor Jr. fiasco. All I know is that I've never, ever liked Cane in any version or incarnation. And you'd think as long as he's been around he might've learned to lose that garbled hot mess of an accent of his by now. Likewise his nasty father.

Edited to note... So, I looked it up and it appears the actor was fired a few years back (they should've left it that way) and killed off. Then, when they decided to bring him back, they wrote it so that it was actually his twin brother that had been shot...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb  The link you  provided is fantastic; that's where I read (and stopped for the night) the storyline of the evil twin. I've been watching since the 70's (when it was 30 minutes and not an hour) and there are times when I missed parts but you always figure stuff out when you start watching again.....not anymore.

The writers situation is one I'm going to have to look up but I gather the GOOD writers left or were fired and now we have this mess? Story lines are all over the place and not in a good way and the ability to catch up isn't there anymore (at least I'm not seeing it).

I'm going to continue to read the rest of the link today.

I do remember the Philip is gay storyline but only because I always liked Nina and wanted to know what happened....hearing that was an OMG moment and I remember Cane being shot but for whatever reason, I didn't keep watching so...yeah.