Respected Contributor

I've always thought Adam was evil..........a leopard doesn't change his spots and Chelsea is beyond stupid to not see this jerk for who he is........some role model for his son.....kinda like Victor!  It's hard to believe Hope was his mother.

Trusted Contributor

@HULAGIRL wrote:

I've always thought Adam was evil..........a leopard doesn't change his spots and Chelsea is beyond stupid to not see this jerk for who he is........some role model for his son.....kinda like Victor!  It's hard to believe Hope was his mother.

He must have inheritied all Victor's traits hulagirl.

Jessa
Honored Contributor

Definitely, it seems that Adam did not inherit any of Hope's qualities.  She seemed to never have a bad thought about anyone.

It brings to mind that age old question...Which is more important?  Nature or nurture?  (Remember the twin studies about identical twins separated at birth that found each other as adults and were studied for differences?)  In Adam's case, nature. as in Victor's genes overtook his personality instead of the nurturing that he got from his while growing up with her.  He didn't meet Victor til he was almost grown, I believe.  I know for sure he didn't know he was his father and never lived with him to pick up his habits.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

Foxxie, I was watching a show on Investigation Discovery about a father and son who were murderers.  The son never had any contact with the dad when he was growing up but when the dad was in jail the son visited him there.  The son ended up in jail for murder too just like the dad.

Jessa
Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Definitely, it seems that Adam did not inherit any of Hope's qualities.  She seemed to never have a bad thought about anyone.

It brings to mind that age old question...Which is more important?  Nature or nurture?  (Remember the twin studies about identical twins separated at birth that found each other as adults and were studied for differences?)  In Adam's case, nature. as in Victor's genes overtook his personality instead of the nurturing that he got from his while growing up with her.  He didn't meet Victor til he was almost grown, I believe.  I know for sure he didn't know he was his father and never lived with him to pick up his habits.

Adam knew secretly who his father was and resented him for abandoning him...  Chelsea brings out his mother side when he is not consumed by his anger of his father after all Adam did with out blinking take a bullet for his father... it is a combination of unresolved issues and pride...  and a dash of the unloving grandfather..

Respected Contributor

Good evening Y&Rers----hope everyone had a good weekend. 

I am at home in New Jersey and have to go into the office tomorrow.....kind of dreading it. I hate to wish the time away but December 31st cannot get here fast enough.

If I don't dvr tomorrow's episode, I know I can read all about it here. 

Anyone watching the Emmy's tonight ? I may until I fall asleep (which will probably be 10 minutes after they start). 

Anyone have an opinion about the Pope's visit.....I will be staying out of the city after Tuesday ......it is already like a fortress and he hasn't even arrived.

Honored Contributor

Danky, I live in the Washington DC area.  They've told gov't workers to 'work from home'.  As a former gov't worker and many family and friends who are I can tell you the stores will be so crowded you won't be able to find a parking space.  In other words 'work from home doesn't mean in this area what it does to most people'.

I know a surprising number of people who aren't happy about the Pope talking before Congress (I don't know about it, they just complain to me).  I don't have an opinion on it one way or another.

My family is very, very Catholic.  I was baptised Baptist and Christened and made my first Holy Communion (I'm pretty much covered....Ha!).

We who live in this area (as I would think in New York) are so used to having things delayed and messed up (Presidential motorcades, etc) that people don't give it a lot of though.

I enjoy your posts.  You are so sweet and kind.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Danky, I live in the Washington DC area.  They've told gov't workers to 'work from home'.  As a former gov't worker and many family and friends who are I can tell you the stores will be so crowded you won't be able to find a parking space.  In other words 'work from home doesn't mean in this area what it does to most people'.

I know a surprising number of people who aren't happy about the Pope talking before Congress (I don't know about it, they just complain to me).  I don't have an opinion on it one way or another.

My family is very, very Catholic.  I was baptised Baptist and Christened and made my first Holy Communion (I'm pretty much covered....Ha!).

We who live in this area (as I would think in New York) are so used to having things delayed and messed up (Presidential motorcades, etc) that people don't give it a lot of though.

I enjoy your posts.  You are so sweet and kind.

Awwwww, Annabelle---I enjoy YOUR posts. I believe I am a kind person but not always so sweet ! 

You are correct---delays are just a way of life in NYC. I am just tired of the whole commute/working thing. My office will be closed permanently at the end of the year and I am ready...

Years ago, one of my sons was dating a girl who went to school in Washington and he would drive there every Friday to spend the weekend with her. Alex and I would be a wreck until he returned home on Sunday night.....

All of my grand children are being raised in a strict religious environment , as was I.

The beliefs that they have been taught were extremely helpful to them when their Grandfather died. 

Well---going to close up and curl up in front of the Emmys......

BTW---I discovered Panera's fruit punch today and now I am absolutely addicted !

Respected Contributor

Re: Y&R MON Sept 21

[ Edited ]

Glad to see you made it home safely Danky so why is the end of 2015 so important?

Yes NYC is a pain where they have to set up security... I remember working at the Metropolitan opera and having the president or after 9/11 when special dignitaries were in town.

It is hard to know anything about the Pope many times the media puts words in his mouth only later to discover they have spin the words... although Global warming and anti free Enterprise is a head turner...  Father Malachi Martin http://nathan-gothicnights.blogspot.com/ has lot to say on these topics; The Prophecy of Father Malachi Martin: We Won't Have Long To Wait Now http://endoftheage.blogspot.com/2012/01/prophecy-of-father-malachi-martin-we.html

Who knows...

Respected Contributor

@Danky wrote:

Good evening Y&Rers----hope everyone had a good weekend. 

I am at home in New Jersey and have to go into the office tomorrow.....kind of dreading it. I hate to wish the time away but December 31st cannot get here fast enough.

If I don't dvr tomorrow's episode, I know I can read all about it here. 

Anyone watching the Emmy's tonight ? I may until I fall asleep (which will probably be 10 minutes after they start). 

Anyone have an opinion about the Pope's visit.....I will be staying out of the city after Tuesday ......it is already like a fortress and he hasn't even arrived.

Glad to see you made it home safely Danky so why is the end of 2015 so important?

Yes NYC is a pain where they have to set up security... I remember working at the Metropolitan opera and having the president or after 9/11 when special dignitaries were in town.

It is hard to know anything about the Pope many times the media puts words in his mouth only later to discover they have spin the words... although Global warming and anti free Enterprise is a head turner...  Father Malachi Martin http://nathan-gothicnights.blogspot.com/ has lot to say on these topics; The Prophecy of Father Malachi Martin: We Won't Have Long To Wait Now http://endoftheage.blogspot.com/2012/01/prophecy-of-father-malachi-martin-we.html

Who knows...