Respected Contributor

Re: 😷😷 Y&R MAY 2020 w/ SPOILERS 😷😷

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

Thursday's episode sounds pretty good. Not being a long term viewer, it's been difficult to connect with characters I've never seen. Cricket, Philip, Brock....never saw them before.

@AuntG  Most of these characters haven't been around in any meaningful way for years... Cricket was never a favorite of mine, and while she was involved in some important story lines, she never could hold her own with most of the others, if you ask me... She's Bill Bell's daughter and an example of rampant nepotism... When she was brought onto the show, some of the established true actors were not happy with the amount of air time she was given... Philip, poor Phillip, they played so fast and loose with his character, I'm still not sure how he ended up... Everyone thought he was dead, but I think it turned out that he wasn't... And after dating several of Genoa City's ingenues, I believe he ended up being gay... Then, at one point, the fortunatley departed Cane was claiming to be Philip... Brock always sort of came and went and was rarely around long enough to be part of any major story lines but he was a stabilizing force for Katherine and some of their exchanges could be good viewing... 

I was a big fan of Brock and was tickled to find out that he was a squeeze of JC's in real life.....read it in.....(GREAT book!) A must read for Y&R fans.

Not Young, Still Restless: A Memoir: Jeanne Cooper: 8601419990641 ...

Honored Contributor

@AuntG  Vanessa was very interesting and her sons, Lance and Lucas (I think) were interesting as well... Lance, by the way, was played by the man who now plays Eric Forrestor, of course that was in his younger days... Below is a picture of Lance and Lori, who was one of the Brooks sisters... The Brooks family was one of the original core families in the show... Before the Abbots and the Newmans, there were the Brooks and Jill's family, the Fosters, along with Katherine Chancellor... Both of those core families were more or less moved out over time and the new core family became the Abbotts...

Throwback Thursday Y&R Poll: Vanessa, Lance And Lorie Prentiss ...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@silkyk  Oh yea, Mrs. C and that C stood for cougar... Woman Very Happy Indeed she and her on-screen son did have a dalliance, or so it's said... Cooper was apparently considered quite the dish in her younger years... She also had a somewhat prolific career aside from Y&R...

Jeanne Cooper Biography - Facts, Childhood, Family Life, Achievements

Who is Jeanne Cooper dating? Jeanne Cooper boyfriend, husband

Jeanne Cooper.....isn't this a gorgeous picture of her? | Young ...

Jeanne Cooper Bio - Bonanza Boomers

Jeanne Cooper - Hollywood Star Walk - Los Angeles Times

Jeanne Cooper | The Young and the Restless | Young and the restless

Honored Contributor

Saw JC on an old Perry Mason episode last week on METV. I need to find her book.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG  Amazon has it used or on KIndle. A new copy will cost you and is on backorder right now...

Respected Contributor

Also found out JC was long time besties with Della Street (Barbara Hale) from Perry Mason. Love thinking of those two ladies together and love watching them work together on a few Perry Mason episodes. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@silkyk wrote:

Also found out JC was long time besties with Della Street (Barbara Hale) from Perry Mason. Love thinking of those two ladies together and love watching them work together on a few Perry Mason episodes. 

@silkyk  Interesting to know... Mrs. C actually had a pretty amazing career...

Honored Contributor

She was lucky enough to be in a Cheyenne Western episode too.

I've always wondered if she had her way with him. He's better looking then Brock , course, he was better looking then anybody.

My dream man.........ROFL

Clint Walker, real name.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Got Jeanne Cooper's autobiography downloaded from my library. She narrates in her distinctive voice. I think it will be good because she indicates she can't stand memoirs that are full of lies and says she will tell it like it is. She probably knew the scoop about the lives of many Hollywood veterans and could pick out the liars.