Honored Contributor

Re: 😷😷 Y&R MAY 2020 w/ SPOILERS 😷😷

[ Edited ]

@loveschocolate... Interesting blurb about Michael and Lauren... I'd love to see this soap come back with a streamlined cast and really focus upon fewer but better, more interesting, more highly developed and mostly core characters, offering up in-depth and compelling story lines for them rather than the largely superficial stuff they've been coming up with... When is the last time Michael and Lauren actually had a real, intense, long term, interesting story line... They keep parading characters through, putting them through their paces, but none of them command much interest because the story arcs aren't well developed nor are the characters, most of whom haven't grabbed the audience's commitment and many of whom aren't even likable, yet they aren't dastardly enough to be actual villains...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I'm pretty sure after all these years (starting with the stripper and snapper ones) I'm done with Y&R. I'll miss it but would rather remember it as a class act (oh Mrs C, how I miss ya!) rather than the joke it has become. I need a new soap! Any recs? I'm thinking B&B or GH but don't know the backgrounds of characters so I'll have to study up first.So for me it's RIP Y&R.

Honored Contributor

@silkyk  I might be there with you. After seeing some of those older shows it just brings home how far the mighty have fallen. It was probably a mistake for the idiots in charge to demonstrate so clearly for the audience just how inept they are... As for a new soap, I've been watching B&B... It isn't great, and it's not the show it used to be either, but it's better than this and it's only a half hour... As for GH, try as I might and I have tried several times over the years, but I have never ever been able to garner any interest in it whatsoever... At one time, Days was a good soap, but it's gone awry so many times over the years, when last I tried to watch it, I thought it was just plain boring... I'd love to see a whole new soap produced modeled after the glory days of soaps in days gone by, but it'll never happen...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@silkyk @stevieb 

I agree, I had almost given up before these reruns started because the show had gotten so bad.  I caught a few of the old shows and it was just day and night the differences between how good it used to be and what it had become.  My DVR quit recording it for some reason (maybe because no new shows, I don't know) and I haven't bothered to set it back up.  I'm still watching DAYS but it is pretty silly.