Respected Contributor

Re: ๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’Ž Y&R MAY 2019 SPOILERS ๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’„

I would be interested too IF they had been smart and brought back MM! He was Adam to me and I loved his scenes with Victor. The only Adam who could totally steal scenes from EB and I think that's the real reason he's not there.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loveschocolate wrote:

I have to admit, Iโ€™m interested in the Adam/Chelsea storyline coming up. 

#LOLAMUSTGO 

#SUMMERWANTSHERLIVERBACK 

@loveschocolate  Honestly, I'm not sure there's anything they can do to ramp up the interest factor again, though I would like to see then offer a reasonable explanation for Chelsea's behavior...  That said, if there is anything they could do to salvage this show for me, they're not doing it... I will say, I'd be far more likely to tune in and see Lola the Ho-la being kicked to the curb than I will be to see her finally give it up to Kyle the Putz... 

#LOLAMUSTGO

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Maybe I'm the lone dissenter here, or maybe no one who agrees with me bothers to post,  but apparently I'm not in agreement with many of you.

First, I cannot tolerate Summer - the wining, sniveling young thing who seduced her Mother's lover because he was the only man she wanted, then manuvered Kryle iinto an unwanted marriage for the same reason.  She knew he didn't love her, knew he didn't want to marry her, and dragged him into doing it anyway to save the woman he does love. Low and dirty. A divorce is well deserved - maybe better than she deserves. Now she wants to claim the marriage was what he wanted. Cow cookies! How short do the writers think our memories are?  And what's wrong with Lola's wanting marriage, then sex in that order.  I realize that's not the order of the day, but . . . . .     IMHO SUMMER CAN GO!!  They can't write Summer into an appealing character for me.

I like Sharon and Rey together.  They present a fresh relationship on the show and one worth exploring. Sharon deserves a stronger role than she's had.  Rey isn't a bad actor. I'd like to see him clean shaven, though. Tired of the dirty, bearded look.

Ready for Mia and Arturo to return to Miami or anywhere besides GC.   (Whoever hired Arturo needs to be replaced.)  Hope they send J.T. away too, along with Tessa, and Mariah, who was ok before Tessa came on the scene.  Tessa can't act, she can't sing and isn't that great to look at.  Is she related to someone important?   Please put her on the bus to Miami as well  And could we let Dina recover? She's delightful and well worth watching as an actress. And let's keep Traci in GC and leave Ashley in Paris forever.  If Lily doesn't want to work, why not replace her? As for the twins, they've never had a real story line, so just send them off to college, and Cane won't be missed after that.

I wish the writers would get off the music kick - it's a soap, not a music video.  I do find Anna, Jett and his neice interesting though.

So for them, more acting, less singing.

Absolutely do not want to see the old Phyllis returning to the show. Didn't like her before, was happy when she left, and don't want to see her back.  What is there to like about her?  'Nuff said.

As for Victor retiring, when he goes, so goes the show. Without Victor there wouln't be a Y&R.  I realize ther are only so many story lines you can put forth with an older person.  But he is unique, and really grounds the story. Hope he never retires.  Love his white hair!!

Esteemed Contributor

Reading some of the posts are too funny........ LOL.!!!

Ok I can deal with Chelsea returning, let's see if Connor is a teenager ready to get into some mischief, but Kevin no, no and no when he became the giant chipmunk that's grounds to be locked in Fairview permanently.

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

The thing... well, one of the MANY things... that galls me about this show is that I think they honestly think that we find Kyle the putz and Lola the Ho-la 'cute'... They couldn't be further off base... She, alone, is nausea inducing and the two of them together require a giant size bottle of Pepto... If they think the audience is more or less universally pulling for them as a couple, they'd be more or less wrong... I'll say it again, their deep and abiding love was never properly 'sold' to the viewing audience... I agree with Summer, it's a total fairy tale...

#LOLAMUSTGO

@stevieb 

I need something stronger than the PinkDrink. Zofran for me!  Those scenes of Lolaโ€™s imaginings were ridiculous. Do the writers think the audience are 12 year olds?   (Sorry that is probably derogatory to 12 year olds!)

It still galls me how they ruined Kyleโ€™s character - could have been an interesting character rather than an immature idiot. (I always liked his scenes with Dina and even some of the scenes showing friendship with Mariah) 

I wouldnโ€™t have paired Kyle with Summer either.  She bounces between attempts at being seductress to playing whiny victim.  They try to make out these characters are smart yet write them as idiots. 

Now that Lola is on the roof, maybe a fall?  Though I would prefer if Lola die from  her own food!   Perhaps sautรฉed liver?!!

#LOLAMUSTGO

Trusted Contributor

@Perkup 

I think Summer is sleazy and whiny and donโ€™t feel sorry for her.  Both she and Kyle were extorting from each other.

I agree about the men on the show needing a shave; they just look dirty and sleazy.

As for Lola: There is nothing wrong with a character wanting marriage before sex but, the way Lola was sucking face with Kyle and Fen, practically eating their face as if they were mangoes, it didnโ€™t ring true.  Wanting to wait for sex is not what makes Lola unappealing, It is her chip on her shoulder, the I am better than others because I am poor attitude;  my way or the highway in her relationship with Kyle. Part I think is the writing, part the actress.  Unappealing. At times, the scenes are nauseating. 

As I have said before, they ruined Kyleโ€™s character by having him moon after and grovel to Lola.  They are supposed to be adults yet act like immature teenagers. 

Honored Contributor

@Perkup  Actually, I see eye to eye with you about most of what you've said... My only reason for preferring Summer is because I can't stand Lola, and it's not because of her supposedly virginal outlook... It's her holier than thou, my way or the highway attitude... Not to mention that I can't stand the actress... Totally agree on old Phyllis. What a mistake...

Sharon and Rey are fine, it's just that so far I find them sort of boring... Don't agree on Mia, though, she's the one member of Miami group I'd definitely keep, just to stir the pot... I don't know anyone, posting here anyway, that would vote to keep Raturo... He was a mistake from Day 1...

I'm guessing they opted not to recast Lily to make room for some of the newbies, but yes, my gosh, please send Cain off with her... or without her... Just get rid of him and the twins...

And yes, this wasn't supposed to be a musical variety hour, so just can 90% of the music... Most of it's pretty mediocre and it's just not interesting... It was one thing, years ago, when Gina would occasionally sing a song, but it's getting to be a daily occurrence...

The show without Victor, well, it just woudn't work...

Super Contributor

Sounds like so many of us do not like the Kyle/LoLo hookup. It is sad that the powers that be spend precious air time on these two, and a huge percentage of viewers jut FF through the scenes. That goes for most ALL the musical scenes, and especially Tessa's singing. Just can't hack that. I wish Victor would come back for more than just a nano-second. Someone else mentioned that Sharon didn't give Faith a thought when she said she'd go to Las Vegas with What's his name. Those poor kids, no wonder they all turn out so whacky. We haven't seen Sam or Christian or Faith in months.

Esteemed Contributor

@Perkup  -  I agree, Victor makes the show!

@stevieb  - Love the new nic for Lolife - HoLo is more fitting!

HOLO MUST GO!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@trenet wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

The thing... well, one of the MANY things... that galls me about this show is that I think they honestly think that we find Kyle the putz and Lola the Ho-la 'cute'... They couldn't be further off base... She, alone, is nausea inducing and the two of them together require a giant size bottle of Pepto... If they think the audience is more or less universally pulling for them as a couple, they'd be more or less wrong... I'll say it again, their deep and abiding love was never properly 'sold' to the viewing audience... I agree with Summer, it's a total fairy tale...

#LOLAMUSTGO

@stevieb 

I need something stronger than the PinkDrink. Zofran for me!  Those scenes of Lolaโ€™s imaginings were ridiculous. Do the writers think the audience are 12 year olds?   (Sorry that is probably derogatory to 12 year olds!)

It still galls me how they ruined Kyleโ€™s character - could have been an interesting character rather than an immature idiot. (I always liked his scenes with Dina and even some of the scenes showing friendship with Mariah) 

I wouldnโ€™t have paired Kyle with Summer either.  She bounces between attempts at being seductress to playing whiny victim.  They try to make out these characters are smart yet write them as idiots. 

Now that Lola is on the roof, maybe a fall?  Though I would prefer if Lola die from  her own food!   Perhaps sautรฉed liver?!!

#LOLAMUSTGO

@trenet  Oh yea... I too am hoping for a fall... from many stories up... for dear, dear LoLife... Still, a tainted, undercooked piece of liver would be poetic justice... I know, they've ruined Kyle... He was one of the few decently cast somewhat entertaining characters they'd added in a long time and now they've completely trashed him by hooking him up with Lola, the human Boxer...

#LOLAMUSTGO