Honored Contributor

Re: ๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’Ž Y&R MAY 2019 SPOILERS ๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’„

@Roni18 wrote:

So I've been really busy lately and nothing storyline wise has drawn me in, so I haven't watched in a week or two. I decided to watch last night and get treated to the Tracy and shirtless Cane scene!   Oh my!   I guess I should have skipped yesterday too!  Maybe Tracy has taken up drinking as she writes!  They might as well let them be a couple just so we could get the expressions on everyone else's faces!

So then I decided to pull up Monday's shows to see new Adam.  I have to say he is not my cup of tea. I saw lots of posts comparing him to Billy, but I'd have to give Billy the edge. 

They need to hire one of us as the casting director!  Are there no actors with charisma out there?

@Roni18  Sorry but no way am I giving Billy the edge on pretty much anything... I've come to really dislike the character... Adam might not be Adonis, but Billy doesn't even look remotely fit... Personally, I don't think Adam is unattractive, though he's certainly not swoon-worthy...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Well, OK, so after many years (maybe the beginning of the freaking show....day one) I watched B&B then when the baby on there was switched (whatever) I just stopped watching it.  Never went back....

I'm a hair's ready to stop watching this show.  I'm sick of them adding these people I'm not interested in.

All I've wanted was for this entire family to go back to Miami.  Now I hear Momma's showing up?  OK, she'll fit right in with these Billionaires....Ugh!

This is a real fantasy now.  I thought it was total @#$% when the food truck stuff was crammed down our throats (these very, very rich people loving food truck food) and now we're supposed to believe they just fit right in.

I remember way, way back when Jill's family worked for Mrs. C....remember those days?

I guess it wouldn't be politically correct to expect them to come in and be employed by these rich people and work their way in THAT way.  No, it has to be otherwise.  So, in no time at all the Virgin is the mother of all cooks and everyone accepts her and the family.

I'm almost ready to pull the plug after all these years, since the very beginning with Snapper...Ahhh!!  Snapper (William Espy Gray).  He was so good looking.  Here's a picture from way back.  I can't believe I even remembered his name (his real name).

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

Sorry wasn't around those days Snaper can not relate...

Someone once said you go the war with the soilders you have... not the ones you wish you had...

Well this is what Y&R is stuck with....

To me there is a spark of promise and the Rosalis seem to try to hold on to their better nature....  I know it is only a matter of time someone well backslide...

Honored Contributor

@Javala  I don't understand?  One of them has already broken the law....with true soap history, one of them has slept with brother brothers, then there's the virgin queen and ..... well...we see where that's going.

Quite frankly, I fast forward over anything to do with Lola and what's it.  I can't wait for him to get what's due him...

I liked the other Nate better than the new one (much better).

I was watching Billy Miller over on GH today.  He just doesn't do deep emotional pain very well in my opinion.I think he'd do better over here on Y&R but only if they made Billy back to the personality he USED to have.

I think it was wise of the writers the way they changed Billy's personality from immature and a screw up (screw up more like a little boy) to someone interested in business and business competition.

I just can't see Billy Miller acting that personality.  So I guess it was a good change.

I hate change and I keep telling myself...well...questioning if that's what my problem is with this show.  It might be a small part of it; but I just don't care for this group.

I would maybe have liked it better if the Miami group was very rich and could go toe to toe with Victor and his gang.

This show needs something and I don't think it's doing whatever it is.

I'm watching the show now.  You guys are so right when you talk about how new Adam looks way too young to be in this part!  Wow!  Now it seems so obvious.

Honored Contributor

I know my opinion on nuAdam isnโ€™t a popular one, but I like him....so far. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loveschocolate  I don't dislike this Adam. I haven't really formed an opinion of him but I'm not as negatively disposed to him as others seem to be... Actually, as I've said, I probably wouldn't have chosen him, but I also think he'll prove to be all right...

@Javala  The thing about that army... is that Y&R could have chosen some different soldiers along the way but keep picking enlisted men instead of officers...

Smiley Wink

@Annabellethecat66  Billy is still a screw-up and he's still infantile, he just displays it differently... I'm all right with Jason playing Billy, but don't like the character... Billy Miller, like Michael Muhney, was a place in time. I sincerely doubt that either of them could return and recapture what they had before... The shows, writers, and other characters and actors have changed so much that it would be hard to recreate the vibe from years ago...

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66Billy Miller was the only version of Billy I liked!  He was the only one that I thought had any chemistry with Victoria. 

I liked the actor that is playing Billy now when he was on GH but have basically hated him as Billy.  A lot probably had to do with how they created a romance between Billy and Phyllis while she was married to Jack.  And how they have Billy flipping between Victoria and Phyllis weekly. 

I think part of the problem with the Rosales family is how they introduced them.  Yeah- Let's let Nikki have a random affair with a construction worker.  And then they had him hitting on Abby soon after.  Not a character they needed to build a family around.  

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

@doolie wrote:

The age thing always bothers me.  Jordi/Rey is 38 and Eva LaRue is 53.  Smiley Tongue

@doolieI was thinking the same thing.  Of course, the storyline could be she had him as a teen.  

However, I was also thinking how could someone as cute as Eva have a child like Arturo. (Okay I know that was mean!)  Why, why, why is he still on the show?  I thought he was leaving like 2 months ago!

----

I remember her from All My Children too and Eva is very pretty. They are going to have to age her, and frankly, make her ugly if I'm to believe she was the mother of that group.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@threecees  I'm tired of flaky Abby too... She's a pretty girl, though they need to do something with her over-processed hair, and they need to make her into a far more sophisticated and adult character... She'd be perfect as the rich bit__ type but they continue to have her behave as if she's 16... 

@Annabellethecat66  I don't like the new Nate either... He just seems smarmy... Of course, I didn't like the old Nate either... Either way, the character just seems like a waste of space and is utterly superfluous...

@loveschocolate After watching today's show, I am liking Adam better... I'm still not sure he's a great choice, but I'm all right with them taking the character in a different direction. I also think he's potentially better looking than they're making him up to be right now... I also have to say, I hate the way everybody is treating Adam. Seems like a lot had been forgiven before he left town that people appear to have forgotten...

And then there's jack-hole Billy, with his new haircut, you know, for men with receeding hairlines... interjecting himself between Adam and Victoria, which is just so unnecessary... I really have reached the point of not being able to stand him... At this point, he's only a few steps below Cane on my slime-o-meter. The difference is, Billy's a core family character that adds something to the show...

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@Roni18 wrote:

@doolie wrote:

The age thing always bothers me.  Jordi/Rey is 38 and Eva LaRue is 53.  Smiley Tongue

@doolieI was thinking the same thing.  Of course, the storyline could be she had him as a teen.  

However, I was also thinking how could someone as cute as Eva have a child like Arturo. (Okay I know that was mean!)  Why, why, why is he still on the show?  I thought he was leaving like 2 months ago!

----

I remember her from All My Children too and Eva is very pretty. They are going to have to age her, and frankly, make her ugly if I'm to believe she was the mother of that group.

@AuntG  Seriously Auntie @AuntG... How could Eva have given birth to Lola and Raturo... Her baby-daddy must've been a real mess...

Smiley Very Happy