Honored Contributor

Re: ๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’Ž Y&R MAY 2019 SPOILERS ๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’„

Actress Eva LaRue, who played All My Childrenโ€™s Maria Santos Grey from 1993 โ€“ 2011, has been cast on The Young and the Restless as the Rosales matriarch, according to Entertainment Weekly. LaRue will begin taping next week as Celeste Rosales, mother of Lola, Rey, and Arturo, who has a complicated relationship with her children. Soaps.com has learned the actress will begin appearing on June 26, which will be after Jason Canelaโ€™s exit from Young and Restless as Arturo.

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

Actress Eva LaRue, who played All My Childrenโ€™s Maria Santos Grey from 1993 โ€“ 2011, has been cast on The Young and the Restless as the Rosales matriarch, according to Entertainment Weekly. LaRue will begin taping next week as Celeste Rosales, mother of Lola, Rey, and Arturo, who has a complicated relationship with her children. Soaps.com has learned the actress will begin appearing on June 26, which will be after Jason Canelaโ€™s exit from Young and Restless as Arturo.

Just when we thought most of them were returning to Miami, the matriarch shows up. UGH!

Honored Contributor

Summary for Friday, May 17th from soaps.com:

In the park, Arturo approaches Mia with an envelope. They open it and read. Mia says, โ€œItโ€™s all I wanted.โ€ She feels they came together twice because things between them werenโ€™t finished โ€“ she believes this is how it was meant to be. Arturo embraces her.

At Sharonโ€™s door, Rey holds the DNA test results in his hand โ€“ he wants to open it together. Sharon reassures him as he reads it and says, โ€œItโ€™s Arturo.โ€ He thinks it was the best outcome, but Sharon senses a part of him hoped to become a father. Rey dismisses that; itโ€™s for the best all around. Sharon tells him itโ€™s okay to admit heโ€™s disappointed. They embrace. Rey concedes a part of him hurts, and wonders how Mia and Arturo will handle it. Sharon learns they are going back to Miami. Rey takes some blame for the way things went down โ€“ he could have been a better husband to Mia and didnโ€™t admit it when he wanted to be separated. Sharon feels lucky things didnโ€™t work out. They go upstairs and make love. After, Rey thanks her for getting him to open up. She thinks heโ€™ll be a terrific uncle and one day, an amazing father. She invites him to spend time with Faith. He kisses her in response.

At the ranch, Adam wonders why Victor summoned him there, and is still upset about yesterdayโ€™s revelation about Delia. Victor thinks things will improve once his memory returns. He has an idea that might help.

In Crimson Lights, Billy and Victoria revisit his proposal. Victoria says her answer is complicated โ€“ she loves him with all her heart, which is why she thinks they shouldnโ€™t get married. Billy learns she wants to be together, but doesnโ€™t want a label on it. Billy canโ€™t understand why she wonโ€™t make it official. Victoria shrugs that marriage is no guarantee and the kids will be happy with them under one roof. Billy hopes sheโ€™ll want a wedding someday. Victoria wonโ€™t entirely discount it and is fine with an event to announce theyโ€™re back together. On the patio, Arturo admits to Mia that a part of him hoped Rey would be the father because heโ€™s better at having responsibilities, but itโ€™s time for him to stand up and be a man. He wants to take care of her and the baby in Miami where they both have family and do this right. Mia grins as he says itโ€™s time to start thinking about names.

At Nickโ€™s place, Victor tells him that Adamโ€™s in the car and warns he canโ€™t keep avoiding the issue. Nick says he has no right to force things. Adam appears and asks, โ€œWhat issue?โ€ Victor informs him heโ€™s going to meet his son. Adamโ€™s stunned to learn Nickโ€™s been raising Christian. Nickโ€™s angry about Victor asserting his will on all of them. Adam agrees โ€“ he wants no part of this; itโ€™s not right to ambush Nick in his own home. Victor presses โ€“ he thinks Christian may be the key to unlocking his memory. Adam says Nick gets to decide if theyโ€™ll do it today. Nick brings Christian to meet his โ€˜Uncle Adamโ€™ briefly. Adam speaks sweetly to the boy but afterward, he tells Victor he felt nothing. Later, Nick learns Uncle Adam made Christian nervous. Nick looks at his phone โ€“ Chelsea has tried to contact him repeatedly โ€“ and looks thoughtful.

At the park, Billyโ€™s party planning when Victoria stops him to ensure heโ€™s okay with not getting married. He just wants Victoria โ€“ heโ€™ll take her anyway he can get her. They toss around party ideas and even consider going to Jamaica. Vikki decides they should reach out to Devon and Ana for music. Billy notes they stopped talking about Adam and wants to celebrate. Victoria suggests something intimate โ€“ like a hotel suite. They kiss.

At the tackhouse, Adamโ€™s frustrated with this whole trip and understands Nickโ€™s feelings โ€“ he hates him because he could take his kid, and Billy hates him because he killed his kid! Victor urges him not to give up, but Adam wishes heโ€™d never let Sharon talk him into coming. Victor reveals heโ€™s trying to find Chelsea. Adamโ€™s tired and is going back to Vegas. He shows Victor out. Victor says, โ€œYouโ€™re going to regret this.โ€ Adam counters heโ€™ll only regret missing the next plane out west. Outside the door, Victor looks contemplative. Later, Adam is packed when a knock comes on the door. He opens it and is shot in the stomach.

In a Club suite, Billy and Victoria toast and express their love. They start undressing and fall onto the bed.

Next on The Young and the Restless:

Paul investigates Adamโ€™s shooting.

#LOLAMUSTGO 

#SUMMERWANTSHERLIVERBACK 

Super Contributor

The age thing always bothers me.  Jordi/Rey is 38 and Eva LaRue is 53.  Smiley Tongue

Respected Contributor

@doolie wrote:

The age thing always bothers me.  Jordi/Rey is 38 and Eva LaRue is 53.  Smiley Tongue

@doolieI was thinking the same thing.  Of course, the storyline could be she had him as a teen.  

However, I was also thinking how could someone as cute as Eva have a child like Arturo. (Okay I know that was mean!)  Why, why, why is he still on the show?  I thought he was leaving like 2 months ago!

Respected Contributor

So I've been really busy lately and nothing storyline wise has drawn me in, so I haven't watched in a week or two. I decided to watch last night and get treated to the Tracy and shirtless Cane scene!   Oh my!   I guess I should have skipped yesterday too!  Maybe Tracy has taken up drinking as she writes!  They might as well let them be a couple just so we could get the expressions on everyone else's faces!

So then I decided to pull up Monday's shows to see new Adam.  I have to say he is not my cup of tea. I saw lots of posts comparing him to Billy, but I'd have to give Billy the edge. 

They need to hire one of us as the casting director!  Are there no actors with charisma out there?

Honored Contributor

@stevieb That's what I was just thinking.  So, if they didn't give him a contract other than to try him out, the could see what people think and then if enough people raised @#$% then they could just hire a new Adam or else have him go back to Las Vegas for a few months.

Also, like you said, maybe he could get hit by a car and need plastic surgery (AGAIN) Ha!  And get yet another Adam.

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

I've actually sort of been waiting for this... I was pretty sure we weren't done with this family... Eva might prove to be a nice cast addition... Personally, as noted, I wish they'd keep Mia around too... Raturo needs to go and and so does Lola, but I guess we'll never see the end of her... With any luck, Celeste will oppose Lola's love match with Kyle, thus setting the boy free to go and look for the pair he lost when he became joined at the hip to her skanky daughter... I also wonder if mama will hook up with Jack...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am glad I watched today missed the opening but I will catch up...

Thought there was some spark between the Newmans they had some meat to chew on.

I know both Victor and Adam each have something up their selve...

Not too keen on Tracy and Cane episode.

But over all looking forward how things will unfold 

It is not easy trying to put back Y&R together after all the left field in puts.

Josh it looks like a good start!

Honored Contributor

@doolie wrote:

@doolie  I think we're supposed to suspend all concepts of age (and believability) with this show now... After all, Sharon is pushing 50 and Adam is 32, so one supposes Celeste might have given birth to Rey when she was 15...

Smiley LOL

And actually, I think Rey looks older than 38 while Eva appears to have aged well...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...