Esteemed Contributor

Re: ?? Y&R MAY 2019 SPOILERS ??

I see an improvement.  It can't happen overnight as there's union contracts with actors and all other aspects that go into putting a show together.  So it'll be a process before they can get rid of some, including whomever does the hiring, then cleaning up the mess Mal made for so long while rewriting/updating the 'original' type SLs of a few years ago.

IMO it's a complicated mess the new writers must navigate and it's gonna take a while to begin to go full-steam-ahead and get this show back to what it once was.  Of course there'll be a lot of trial and error - Kyle and Lolife scenario for one - but we'll just have to hope in time it'll all come together.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’Ž Y&R MAY 2019 SPOILERS ๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’„

Next the name will change from Y & R to the K & L show.

How can we go a day without knowing what they are up to?

#LOLAANDTESSAMUSTGO 

Esteemed Contributor

I was hoping the new Adam might end up being a better man after the writers turned all the actors (old and new) into liars, schemers, cheaters, etc.........but nothing has changed...they can't have anyone be "a good person" on these soaps anymore....everyone has to have a secret or agenda or just plain devious.  There just isn't anyone to "root" for anymore.............

And sick of seeing Lola & Kyle making out.....and he is being pretty nasty to Summer......he and Lola are digustingly unappreciative of the sacrafice she made even if they don't like her and Kyle promised her the world and broke that promise....just when i started to like his character it is getting harder to these days....if i was

Summer and he talked to me the way he did "give it a rest Summer??"..........i wouldn't want him anymore!!

Honored Contributor

As Soaps.com reported on April 30, actress Melissa Claire Egan is reprising her role of Young and Restlessโ€™ Chelsea Newman this summer. According to Entertainment Weekly, she will begin taping in May for an early summer return to the soap. As Soaps.com reported, Egan confirmed her exit from Young and Restless in January 2018 and Chelsea left Genoa City with her onscreen son, Connor. Stay tuned for updates and first airdate when they become available.

Honored Contributor

As Soaps.com reported on April 3, Greg Rikaart will be making his way back to The Young and the Restless as Kevin Fisher this spring. The actor recently finished a stint as Leo Stark (Matthew Cooper) on the NBC soap opera Days of our Lives. Soaps.com will inform our readers with his first airdate as more information becomes available.

Honored Contributor

As Soaps.com reported on April 10, Soap Digest revealed that Michelle Staffordโ€™s contract with General Hospital ends in May. Once she is finished up, she will be back taping at Y&R. Originally reported March 30: In a surprising twist, Gina Tognoni has left Y&R and Michelle Stafford (Nina Cassadine, General Hospital) is leaving GHand returning to the Young and the Restless role she originated as Phyllis Summers Abbott, according to Daytime Confidential. Stafford previously left the role in 2013 after 16 years with the CBS soap. There is no word yet on her first airdate back in Genoa City. Soaps.com will update when more information becomes available.

Honored Contributor

Summary for Wednesday, May 15th from soaps.com:

At Society, Traci tells Lauren sheโ€™s working on a book. Lauren notes her glow โ€“ she looks like sheโ€™s in love. Talk turns to Jack. Lauren thinks he should put himself out there or heโ€™ll end up alone. She realizes she may have offended Traci, who assures her sheโ€™s happy on her own. Cane arrives, and Lauren joins Michael when he enters. Michael balks at Laurenโ€™s idea to play cupid and help Jack find the perfect woman. Across the room, Cane updates Traci that he received a handwritten letter from Lily. Traci warns him not to read too much into it.

At Jabot, Jack informs Phyllis he knows she accessed the companyโ€™s servers. Phyllis snarls at him. Jack says she was right, the one thing missing from Jabotโ€™s collective is accessories. He chortles, โ€œCongratulations, youโ€™ve got yourself some competition.โ€ Phyllis warns heโ€™ll regret this and snaps a photo of his collective logo on her way out.

At the hospital, Rey and Arturo learn Mia was having Braxton-Hicks contractions and is free to go. Rey accuses her of faking the whole thing so Paul wouldnโ€™t arrest her. Bickering ensues and Rey realizes the two of them are together. His disbelief gives way to demanding a paternity test now that Miaโ€™s far enough along. Mia wonders if heโ€™ll continue to protect her. Rey explains itโ€™s in Paulโ€™s hands now. They take cheeks swabs โ€“ the results will take 24 hours. Arturo says either way, the kid will have a great father and an uncle who loves him.

In the park, Kyle lets Lola know heโ€™s dead serious about living together โ€“ heโ€™s ready to go to the next level. He lays out the pros, then the cons โ€“ there are none. Lola says nothing would make her happier than coming home and spending every single night in his arms. โ€œLetโ€™s do it.โ€ Allโ€™s well until Lola realizes he expects them to move into the Abbott estate โ€“ sheโ€™d like to have their own place. Kyle likes the idea but balks at taking over Arturoโ€™s apartment. Ultimately, he doesnโ€™t care where they live as long as theyโ€™re together.

Nick finds Summer sulking on the couch over Kyle. They agree love is dumb. Nickโ€™s surprised she wants to stay at Jabot. Summer loves her job and is good at it. Nick breaks the news that Grandpa brought Uncle Adam back from the dead. Summer wonders what will happen with Christian and feels Adam must know Nickโ€™s a great dad. Suddenly, Phyllis pounds on the door and confronts Summer for turning on her. Nick learns of Phyllisโ€™ hacking and calls his ex โ€˜lowโ€™. Phyllis reminds him he started Dark Horse by accessing Newmanโ€™s files. Summer announces Adamโ€™s alive and walks out. Nick confirms he saw his brother, then advises Phyllis to fix her life without using everybody as stepping stones. Once alone, Nick looks at Christianโ€™s photo.

At Jabot, Jack admires Summerโ€™s hard work. She doesnโ€™t think she and Kyle are the right team to move the collective forward and complains Kyle bailed on the clubs and left her to network alone. When Jack asks, Summer assures him this isnโ€™t about their personal situation. Jack will speak to Kyle. After, Summer calls Theo to come back to Genoa City. Later, Jack opens an invitation to Ashleyโ€™s huge launch event in Paris. He tosses it, then chuckles.

At the Abbott house, Traci resumes writing her novel, with her cast as Flynnโ€™s secretary advising him that the woman heโ€™s pursuing will bring only more heartache. Cane arrives with an idea โ€“ he suggests instead of infidelity, she have the ex hire the private eye to find something, like a locket. Traci muses it could be the symbol of a broken heart โ€“ she loves it. Suddenly, Traci pictures Cane shirtless and becomes flustered. She assures him she just got a little excitedโ€ฆabout his idea!

Michael meets Phyllis at Crimson Lights. She asks how you create an anonymous shell company. Michael wants to know whatโ€™s going on. Phyllis fills him in on her issues with Jack and her plan to go around him by making Jabot collective accessories without the Abbott price tag. Michael warns she canโ€™t peddle counterfeit goods and urges her to be original; sheโ€™s more than capable. Phyllis informs him Adamโ€™s alive. Michael says, โ€œUnbelievable.โ€

Next on The Young and the Restless:

Paul makes a hard choice.

#LOLAMUSTGO 

#SUMMERWANTSHERLIVERBACK 

Respected Contributor

Nu-Adam looks like he belongs in one of those teenybopper Twilight vampire movies to me!  lol

Honored Contributor

I haven't looked yet.  What does the internet (fans, etc) say about 'new' Adam?  Has anyone seen anything?  

He's way too young looking.  I don't like the way his face looks so skinny (I know I said that before here).

He looks a lot like new(er) Billy to me.

Jason Thompson Photos, Dr. Drake Photos

Same face shape, hair, eyebrows.  If his face fills out a little....I think he's too similar to Jason Thompson.

Honored Contributor

Re: ?? Y&R MAY 2019 SPOILERS ??

[ Edited ]

@eddyandme wrote:

I see an improvement.  It can't happen overnight as there's union contracts with actors and all other aspects that go into putting a show together.  So it'll be a process before they can get rid of some, including whomever does the hiring, then cleaning up the mess Mal made for so long while rewriting/updating the 'original' type SLs of a few years ago.

IMO it's a complicated mess the new writers must navigate and it's gonna take a while to begin to go full-steam-ahead and get this show back to what it once was.  Of course there'll be a lot of trial and error - Kyle and Lolife scenario for one - but we'll just have to hope in time it'll all come together.

Nope, sorry @eddyandme, not seeing it. Keep in mind that Mal hasn't been executive producing this show since before the start of the year and the current head writer was co-writing with him well before he left. They've had adequate time to at least make some inroads, but again, I'm not seeing it... From where I sit, this show will never be what it once was. I'd settle for it even being consistently entertaining, but it's not even that very often, and it hasn't become more entertaining since the latest regime took over... Like I said, I hope I'm wrong, but to me it sucks every bit as much as it ever did and if they think bringing back Kevin, Chelsea and Michelle Stafford is going to make a huge difference, sorry, but I just don't think so...

Smiley Wink

#LOLAMUSTGO

In my pantry with my cupcakes...