Honored Contributor

Re: ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€ Y&R MARCH 2020 w/SPOILERS ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€

@kelsey17  See, the problem you're having is you actually expect these stories to progress... The thing is, there are no actual stories so they can't progress... They keep trying to get mileage out of what are essentially non-stories they've been dragging out and recycling now for months and in some cases for years... They come up with stories, well, sort of, but they don't have a clue how to develop them so most of them fall flat and go nowhere... Now, we're going to be treated to Victor and Adam unearthing ancient history... Another plot device they seem to fall back on with regularity... They can't drive the show forward, so they fall back in time... Meanwhile, once again, they have all these badly developed characters and this bloated cast basically sitting there doing nothing at all interesting most of the time... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@kelsey17  See, the problem you're having is you actually expect these stories to progress... The thing is, there are no actual stories so they can't progress... They keep trying to get mileage out of what are essentially non-stories they've been dragging out and recycling now for months and in some cases for years... They come up with stories, well, sort of, but they don't have a clue how to develop them so most of them fall flat and go nowhere... Now, we're going to be treated to Victor and Adam unearthing ancient history... Another plot device they seem to fall back on with regularity... They can't drive the show forward, so they fall back in time... Meanwhile, once again, they have all these badly developed characters and this bloated cast basically sitting there doing nothing at all interesting most of the time... 

You are right.....in the first few years i started watching there were actual stories....the last 2-3 years they  have

just revisited just about every storyline over and over.......

I think it bothers me because i think that CBS has just accepted this group of writers....and in my mind i keep thinking there has to be other more talented writers who could make this soap interesting again and it baffles me as to WHY they haven't tried to recruit them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kelsey17 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

You are right.....in the first few years i started watching there were actual stories....the last 2-3 years they  have

just revisited just about every storyline over and over.......

I think it bothers me because i think that CBS has just accepted this group of writers....and in my mind i keep thinking there has to be other more talented writers who could make this soap interesting again and it baffles me as to WHY they haven't tried to recruit them.

@kelsey17  I've thought the same. It seems that after so many failed attempts to bring in different writers and producers, they've more or less decided this is the last stop. It looks like all the really great soap writers of days gone by have retired or perhaps died off and what we have left is just pathetic.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The very bottom line for why this show can't gain any traction is the characters. Many of us have discussed it over the years, but I think we lose track of the fact that the characters have been so inconsistently written in recent years, have become so unlikable and the audience has such a limited investment in many of them that it's hard to garner much of a sense of caring for them. First and foremost, soaps have always been about characters the audience loves or loves to hate.. Somewhere along the way, writers seemed to lose sight of the fact that the stories are only compelling when the characters are compelling. Given that most of the stories the various writers have come up with in recent years have largely been pretty lame, the fact that character development has been grossly lacking has really put a crimp in many audience members ability to identify with and care about the characters. When I stop and think about it, I'm not sure there's a single character on this show I can honestly say I find fascinating any more or one that I genuinely care about and cheer on.

Honored Contributor

wonder what chance I have of seeing the show this week?

slim and none I'd venture to guess.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Young and Restless spoilers for Monday March 23:

In Mondayโ€™s Y&R recap, Chelsea and Adam bait Alyssa into starting an investigation, and Amanda and Phyllis dish over cocktails.

Adam looks into Victorโ€™s past.

Victoriaโ€™s cautioned by her mother.

Chelsea is questioned by Nick.

Young and Restless spoilers for Tuesday March 24:

Mariah prepares to face life without Tessa.

Summer imagines her future.

Rey comes to the rescue.

Young and Restless spoilers for Wednesday March 25:

Amanda and Devon are able to find common ground.

Young and Restless spoilers for Thursday March 26:

Adam shows his true colors.

Billy and Nick argue.

Young and Restless spoilers for Friday March 27:

Nick seeks answers from Victor.

Victoria has a setback.

Also coming up this week on Young and Restless:

Phyllis and Nick continue to dance around getting back together now that Summer knows something is going on between them. Phyllis approaches Nick to strike a deal between Newman Enterprises and Grand Phoenix.

Mariah takes one last shot at asking Tessa for forgiveness, but Tessa wonโ€™t budge.

Victor keeps a secret.

Chelsea stands up for Adam.

Jack loses his temper.

Young and Restless spoilers week of March 30:

Amanda takes a chance.

Victor goes on an unexplained trip.

A painful decision must be made by Kyle.

Young and Restless SOD spring previews:

Summer puts a stop to her relationship with Kyle until he truly has closure with Lola. Kyle and Lola must talk about getting a divorce. Theo is waiting in the wings for Lola, but may have an agenda.

Amanda sets her sights on romancing Nate, but her chemistry with Billy may be harder to forget than she anticipated.

Sharonโ€™s family rallies around as she fights her cancer. Sharon remains focused on maintaining her independence and strength.

Billy and Lily work together to launch Chancellor Media and add some unexpected additions to their team.

Adamโ€™s plan to uncover Victor and Hopeโ€™s secret from Kansas will backfire with devastating results, after which he will need Chelseaโ€™s support. Victor is willing to go to great lengths to protect his family and company.

Phyllis and Nick work to define their relationship and deal with the reactions of their family and friends.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

wonder what chance I have of seeing the show this week?

slim and none I'd venture to guess.

And the sad thing is (for me) that I don't care even a teenie tiny bit The show is DOA as far as I see. With what's going on in the world why the heck would I care about a bunch of characters that I don't even like anymore......not one! Just a bunch of rich jerks holding pity partys every darn day. Enough.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@silkyk  I don't much care either. Even when it's on it's not worthwhile. It's gotten to be so all around dull it's not even useful as a distraction. I wish I had some coloring books. They'd be more sophisticated entertainment than this is. 

Esteemed Contributor

Life is so complicated & uncertain these days. I would love to escape into the Y & R world!! It may not be perfect but it's better than focusing on sickness & death.