Honored Contributor

Re: ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€ Y&R MARCH 2020 w/SPOILERS ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Life is so complicated & uncertain these days. I would love to escape into the Y & R world!! It may not be perfect but it's better than focusing on sickness & death.

I agree with you @NicksmomESQ . I like the fact that it is a continuation of "normal" for me because I have been watching this show since its inception. Is it perfect? Far from but it is still nice not to hear about this virus every other second with interruptions from the network.

Frequent Contributor

So nice to hear nice comments about Y&R.  I love the show and have watched it forever.

The storylines are not always perfect but to me it's the best soap on tv.  I find quite a few 

of the male actors to be goodlooking and I also think the acting in general is good. I hope it never goes off the air and wonder why people who hate it so much continue to watch it.

Esteemed Contributor

@going to Carolina wrote:

So nice to hear nice comments about Y&R.  I love the show and have watched it forever.

The storylines are not always perfect but to me it's the best soap on tv.  I find quite a few 

of the male actors to be goodlooking and I also think the acting in general is good. I hope it never goes off the air and wonder why people who hate it so much continue to watch it.

I have to say i have enjoyed  Y &R for years myself.....and looked forward to it whenever i was able to watch it.....it had creative writing at that time...actual stories that had more subjects then power struggles, revenge, cheating, or as another poster commented..constant "pity parties" for themselves....OR

shows continously about how they "feel"...and half of them leaving their jobs just "looking for something else in life"...........so unrealistic.....don't they have to support themselves? their families?, etc....and then 2mths down the road they are back in their offices fighting to be the top executive of these businesses.............they have done this for 2 years........................we complain because WE ARE THE PEOPLE who have supported the show, enjoyed it and are sad to see it come down to ridiculous storylines and characters who in the past have been likable suddenly the show portrays as "unlikable"..............We MISS the actual telling of stories instead of the constant repeat of the same storylines over and over.............Adam revenge on Victor, Billy's feeling sorry for me CONSTANT act, Jack the head of Abbot...opps ..Jack wants a break AGAIN,   Poor Tracy never gets a real boyfriend..........etc etc...........

Today i turn on the demand channel to get Friday's show and the first scenes is Adam and Chelsea talking about revenge on Victor from a 20 year old accident.........we ALL KNOW this story will go on and on and never REALLY get anywhere..................Victor won't be guilty,

he and Adam will  have their battles, etc etc...Why couldn't they have Adam go into business of his OWN and make it a more interesting battle!!  How come Adam HAS TO HAVE NEWMAN.............and of course its been the constant GOOD ADAM BAD ADAM...........yikes

Sorry to vent.....but you asked why people even watch...it is because we feel bad that a show that has been so entertaining in the past and such a part of our lives is going down the path to cancelation...it is only a matter of time......

Frequent Contributor

I understand that the story lines are not what they were in the past but I imagine it's pretty difficult to come up with fresh and interesting stories after all the years Y&R has been on the air.  I still enjoy watching because I like the actors (most of them) and feel they do a good job. If I wasn't happy with the show anymore I would just stop watching.  I have watched shows that I had to leave because I lost interest in them for one reason or another.  I hope you're wrong about cancellation.  There are still a lot of people who enjoy the show.

Honored Contributor

Summary for Tuesday, March 24th from soaps.com:

At Sharonโ€™s house, she gets an update from Faith on how sheโ€™s making up for skipping classes. Sharon counsels that running away is only temporary and never solves anything. Faith just wanted to hit pause. Sharon advises Faith to reach out next time. Faith apologizes and they embrace. Sharon clearly feels off. Faith asks about a mother/daughter school trip in the summer as sheโ€™ll have kicked cancer by then. Rey appears and Sharon looks wary. After, she worries to Rey she wonโ€™t feel well enough to go. Rey produces research on creative visualization to help fight the cancer. They joke until Rey turns serious about being there for her whatever she needs โ€“ heโ€™s the man who loves her. They embrace. Later, Sharon realizes Faithโ€™s been crying. Sheโ€™s been worrying about handling whatever comes next. Sharon assures her theyโ€™ll get through this together. They hug.

At Jabot, Kyle canoodles with Summer while sheโ€™s working. They flirt over being like an old married couple. Kyle recalls their wedding was a year ago today. Summer shrugs that it doesnโ€™t feel right since heโ€™s still technically married to someone else. Kyle will call Lola about the divorce so they can move on. After, he talks about them being partners one day โ€“ itโ€™s his end game for them after Jack retires and he becomes CEO. Summer teases, โ€œWhat if I want to run my own company?โ€ Kyle says she will takeover Newman and then theyโ€™ll merge their companies. Summer thinks itโ€™s perfect. They kiss and are ready to get out of the boardroom to celebrate their future.

Theo arrives at Society as Lolaโ€™s stressed out about the kitchen gas lines. He can help. After, Theo has fixed the heat, but has busted a water pipe. Lola thinks taking her to New York will cover the screwup. Theo suggests dinner. Lola doesnโ€™t feel like going out. Theo heads into the kitchen and they trade stories about their childhoods as Theo makes perogies โ€“ the Polish version of empanadas. They share the same story with different fillings. Later, they discuss Lola leaving home and taking risks. Theo marvels that she sometimes seems fragile, but is actually tough. Lola talks about wanting her menu in Miami to not be about what marketers think influencers want to eat. Theo cringes, โ€œOuch.โ€ She wants it to feel like home. Later, in the kitchen, Theo says he wants to find someone who feels like home. Lolaโ€™s not ready for serious, but theyโ€™re somewhere in between seduction and serious. Theyโ€™re about to kiss when Kendra, Kyleโ€™s assistant arrives to meet Theo with a file. Lola asks if he and Kyle are working on something together. Theo wanted to go above and beyond to get the bossโ€™s attention. In the dining room, Theo tells Kendra to let him worry about the not-so-inconspicuous exchange and to keep the information coming โ€“ heโ€™ll take care of her when heโ€™s in charge.

On the private jet, Tanner questions if Tessa will just write Mariah off for good. Sheโ€™s tuning her guitar when Mariah appears again. Tessa explains she showed up at the once place that belongs to her. Mariah wants to fight to save their relationshipโ€ฆsheโ€™ll fight for both of them. Tessa explains the pain of what she walked in on. Mariah counters it wouldnโ€™t hurt so much if she didnโ€™t still love her. She challenges Tessa to look her in the eye and tell her she doesnโ€™t love her anymore. Tessa shouldnโ€™t have put Mariah on a pedestal โ€“ it hurt when she cheated! Mariah will make more mistakes down the road, but never that one again. Tessa has heard this speech before; thereโ€™s nothing original about it. Mariah envisions an edgy song about people who have been through it all as they both tear up. Mariah implores Tessa to take this leap with her. Tessa warns if she breaks this again, itโ€™s irreparable. They both cry as they embrace.

In Kyleโ€™s suite, he and Summer kiss, then make love amid rose petals. Theyโ€™ve never been happier.

Next on The Young and the Restless:

Devon finds common ground with Amanda.

Honored Contributor

bore

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@going to Carolina wrote:

I guess some of us are more easily satisfied than others. To answer your question @going to Carolinato the extent I'm still watching at all, it's a combination of loyalty, force of habit and hope against hope that someone will step in and make his show even remotely watchable again. The story lines are, to me, far from perfect, and I don't find the male cast, overall, to be 'good looking', though much could be forgiven were the show good television... But you enjoy it and I hope you continue to do so...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@kelsey17  Agree... and to tell you the truth. at this point, if they axed it, I honestly don't think I'd miss it. Nothing going on here to get invested in following. And, like I said, not even good as a distraction anymore. Each to their own...

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Life is so complicated & uncertain these days. I would love to escape into the Y & R world!! It may not be perfect but it's better than focusing on sickness & death.

I agree with you @NicksmomESQ . I like the fact that it is a continuation of "normal" for me because I have been watching this show since its inception. Is it perfect? Far from but it is still nice not to hear about this virus every other second with interruptions from the network.

@Trinity11  We may not agree on the extent to which the show is a valued distraction, but I absolutely agree with you on the need for most of us to get some distance from this situation from time to time for the sake of our collective sanity...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

"On the private jet, Tanner questions if Tessa will just write Mariah off for good. Sheโ€™s tuning her guitar when Mariah appears again. Tessa explains she showed up at the once place that belongs to her. Mariah wants to fight to save their relationshipโ€ฆsheโ€™ll fight for both of them. Tessa explains the pain of what she walked in on. Mariah counters it wouldnโ€™t hurt so much if she didnโ€™t still love her. She challenges Tessa to look her in the eye and tell her she doesnโ€™t love her anymore. Tessa shouldnโ€™t have put Mariah on a pedestal โ€“ it hurt when she cheated! Mariah will make more mistakes down the road, but never that one again. Tessa has heard this speech before; thereโ€™s nothing original about it. Mariah envisions an edgy song about people who have been through it all as they both tear up. Mariah implores Tessa to take this leap with her. Tessa warns if she breaks this again, itโ€™s irreparable. They both cry as they embrace."

Blah-blah-blah-blah... WHO CARES!!!!!  And really, is that freaking private jet always within walking distance of Genoa City... What the heck band goes on tour and is always close by the same podunk city... More bad writing that we're just supposed to look past... This really is just so cheesy...