Honored Contributor

Re: ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€ Y&R MARCH 2020 w/SPOILERS ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€

[ Edited ]

I can't understand why change isn't in the wind yet with this awful show. I've been reading various spoiler and comment sites and the clear consensus of both soap writers and viewers is pretty much on target with all that we've been saying for months. The show lacks any depth of story or character and pretty much has nothing to offer in the way of entertainment value.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@SharkE , Melody and Sharon are pretty good friends in real life.

Honored Contributor

Summary for Wednesday, March 11th from soaps.com:

At the penthouse, Chelsea knows Nick doesnโ€™t want the CEO position. Adam maintains he took it so he couldnโ€™t have it. They debate whether Nick is up to the job. Adamโ€™s sure Victor will oversee his every move. Chelsea talks about Adam waiting and watching before making his move. Adam takes a call from Chance to meet.

At Newman Enterprises, Victorโ€™s on the phone telling someone to announce to the world that the new CEO is his brilliant son Nicholas.

At the ranch, Nick tells Victoria he needs her to hurry back to Newman before he screws up everything. She warns him itโ€™s not a joke โ€“ is he absolutely sure heโ€™s ready for this? Victoria apologizes, then becomes agitated talking about fate taking her away from the company. When she naps, Nick whispers to Nikki โ€“ heโ€™s concerned about Victoria and wants to know what Nate has to say. Later, Nate examines Victoria. When he mentions returning to work, she wants to go back to sleep. Nikki tells Nate sheโ€™s not behaving like herself. โ€œWhat is going on with her?โ€ Nate reminds Nikki she had PTSD after JT and this has been a setback. โ€œGive her time and hope for the best.โ€

At Society, Chance updates Adam that they donโ€™t have to worry about Phyllis anymore. Chance still feels he owes Adam and must tie up the other loose ends. Talk turns to Nick taking over at Newman โ€“ Chance shows Adam the press release.

At Grand Phoenix, Billy learns Phyllis bought Abby and Chelsea out and doubts it was pretty. Phyllis snarks about him judging her and says Amanda and Victoria both deserve better. She alludes to the knife in Victoriaโ€™s back, then apologizes. Billyโ€™s stunned. He apologizes too, heโ€™s pleased she has the hotel back. After, Phyllis spots Abby and wants to put her out with the trash. Abby retorts if it wasnโ€™t for her hard work, she wouldnโ€™t have a hotel to run. She needles about her new property across the street. Phyllis isnโ€™t afraid of competition. The redhead says her room was broken into and cautions Abby about her playdates with her adrenaline-junkie boyfriend. Phyllis confides that she had a back-up plan โ€“ she suggests Abby tell whoever broke into her room that nothingโ€™s safer than a safety deposit box. Later, Chance arrives and Abby informs him Phyllis has another copy of the recording of him and Adam discussing the murder in Vegas in a safety deposit box. Chance needs to find it. Abby has a plan. She does an impression of Phyllis. Chance thinks it was so good it was scary, but can she get access to her safety deposit box? Abby wonโ€™t let anyone stop her.

At Jabot, Billy โ€˜reports inโ€™ to Ashley to get his tongue-lashing. Ash asks how heโ€™s doing after everything that happened. Billy says sheโ€™s the first person to ask. She hugs him. Ashley learns Ripley pleaded guilty so there will be no trial. Billy wishes heโ€™d listened to Victoria and left the party that night. He says it was horrible and feels like she hates him now. Ashley doubts that. She urges Billy to take Jillโ€™s offer at Chancellor Industries. Billy will talk to his mom. He asks about Dina. Ash sighs. They canโ€™t really grieve for her, but she doesnโ€™t really know where or who she is anymore. She reflects on how long she spent resenting herโ€ฆbut sheโ€™s her mother. Ash doesnโ€™t know how to say goodbye whoโ€™s had such a huge impact on her life.

At Crimson Lights, Chelsea hugs Chloe โ€“ sheโ€™s glowing! Chelsea has good news of her own โ€“ she and Adam are engaged. Chloe asks, โ€œWhatโ€™s the good news?โ€ Chelsea defends her relationship with Adam โ€“ neither of them is perfect, but theyโ€™re perfect for each other. Chloe tears up. Sheโ€™s happy for her, but Adam better take good care of her.

Nick greets Victor at Newman Enterprises and complains about articles online suggesting this is permanent. Victor insists the job will be Victoriaโ€™s again, but they canโ€™t show weakness. Talk turns to Adam. Nick figures heโ€™s preparing to make his move โ€“ they have to fight him with everything they have. Victorโ€™s focus is on protecting his legacy. โ€œWhatโ€™s done is done.โ€

Adam arrives at home, where Chelsea has three tickets to Kansas to plan their wedding. She promises heโ€™ll get everything he wants.

Next on The Young and the Restless:

Sparks fly between Phyllis and Nick.

Honored Contributor

Updated March 10: Soaps.com can confirm that Christel Khalil will make another stop in Genoa City as Lily Winters. Watch for the actress to reprise her Young and the Restless role on Friday March 13.

Honored Contributor

ugh

who cares about that stick

Honored Contributor

Summary for Thursday, March 12th from soaps.com:

Jill visits Jack at Jabot and tells him she offered Billy a job at Chancellor Industries. She goes on that it would give him purpose and she wonโ€™t give up on him. Jack explains he hasnโ€™t given up on Billy but they hardly talk. Jill has an idea that will entice Billy to Chancellor. After hearing it, Jackโ€™s impressed but warns a lot of things have to fall into place for it to work. Jill just wants Jack to persuade Billy if he comes to him. If she pulls this off, Jack will sing her praises. Jill looks forward to it.

Billy greets Amanda at the Grand Phoenix โ€“ he needs to know sheโ€™s okay. Amanda assures him sheโ€™s hopeful about the future. Ripley pled guilty to stabbing Victoria, so sheโ€™s truly free. Billy shares that Victoriaโ€™s upset with him, but heโ€™s figured out whatโ€™s right for him so Amanda shouldnโ€™t worry. Amanda hopes they can get coffee some time. Upstairs, Abby enters Chanceโ€™s suite and says operation faux Phyllis is underway. Chance worries about her getting caught impersonating Phyllis to access her safety deposit box. Abbyโ€™s determined to be the one who stops Phyllis and has her signature down. Chance wants to put her through the paces โ€“ is she up for a little role-playing? Abby replies, โ€œAlways.โ€ Chance pretends to be the bank employee as Abby poses as Phyllis and says she lost the key to her box. Chance warns her to stay loose. Abby dons her Phyllis costume and Chance gapes. โ€œWowโ€ฆโ€

Adam, Chelsea and Connor arrive at the bed & breakfast in Kansas where Adam and Chelsea stayed when they got married. Connor wishes they were staying at the farm. Once Connorโ€™s asleep, Chelsea asks whatโ€™s bothering Adam. Adamโ€™s worried about the farm being so run down. Heโ€™d pictured them there, and wishes Connor had been able to know Hope, who had such a big heart. Adam wonders what he might have been like had she not died, or he hadnโ€™t found out Victor was his father. Chelsea hates how Victor jerks him around โ€“ if he wants the CEO chair, sheโ€™ll do whatever it takes to get him there.

Phyllis visits Nick at Newman Enterprises and flashes some leg โ€“ she came to congratulate him personally. Nick realizes she urged him to do this because she wanted to thwart Adam. Phyllis knew he would be noble enough to step in. Nick wonders if he can call her after late nights working. Phyllis confirms he can. Nick takes a call about the budget, then broaches them coming out of the friendzone. Phyllis says the sex was spectacular but blames the ice storm. They can go back to being friends unless itโ€™s not that simple for him. Nick admits itโ€™s not easy to ignore. Phyllis concedes sheโ€™s found herself flashing back. Nick, staring at Phyllis, hits the button to close the office door and they have sex on the desk. After, Phyllis teases, โ€œWe got that out of our system, right?โ€ Nick gazing into her eyes agrees theyโ€™re completely done.

At Crimson Lights, Jared tells Nate he spent the night outside the ICU and is concerned about his grandpa. Nate offers him breakfast, which he refuses, then asks about his situation. He learns Jared didnโ€™t graduate and works at his grandfatherโ€™s rented store since leaving foster care. Amanda arrives and tells Jared she grew up in the system too. Nate listens as they compare notes. Jared was so grateful when he found his grandfather. Amanda promises that she, Nate, Devon and Elena are people he can trust. Nate takes a call about Jaredโ€™s grandfather โ€“ they need to get to the hospital now.

At the Chancellor Estate, Jill is thrilled when Billy says heโ€™s decided to accept her offer. Jill welcomes him aboard โ€“ sheโ€™s excited to see him so fired up. Billy starts asking about the budget, but Jill stops him; heโ€™s not the only one to have a say. Jill wants him to work alongside someone. Someone enters. Jill says, โ€œMeet your new partner.โ€ Itโ€™s Lily.

Next on The Young and the Restless:

Phyllis plays hardball with Chance.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

ugh

Well, it looks like you better care... Sounds like she's back for more than a passing whim of the writers if she's going to be Billy's partner at Chancellor.... Because we all know they both have so much successful business experience.... See, this is another big fail with these writers... They think that just by bringing back old faces they're accomplishing something when they aren't at all... Decent stories and strong characters make a difference, familiar faces are only part of the game... I don't think it would be possible for these writers to suck any more than they already do.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

ugh

Well, it looks like you better care... Sounds like she's back for more than a passing whim of the writers if she's going to be Billy's partner at Chancellor.... Because we all know they both have so much successful business experience.... See, this is another big fail with these writers... They think that just by bringing back old faces they're accomplishing something when they aren't at all... Decent stories and strong characters make a difference, familiar faces are only part of the game... I don't think it would be possible for these writers to suck any more than they already do.

I agree with  you.......watching today i could't believe the writers have decided to make Victoria "depressed and with PTSD"....even though she is healing as Nate said nicely and they talked about her getting back to work "soon".............OMG.........she is obsessed with Newman and suddenly she is fine with others running the show??

Not believing that....so dumb.  And suddently the ever so

"i have changed" Adam has suddenly out for vengence because his dad didn't appt him "temporary" CEO of Newman???  And now he has Chelsea as his partner in crime...................and she is all about going against Nick?

the guy she claimed to love and was the one who sent her to Adam because she said she wasn't strong enough??  Wow.....i guess she doesn't care if Nick  is collateral damage in Adams revenge....how soon they forget.........think of all the things Nick forgave HER for....

And the best story of the day?!!!!  Billy going back to Chancellor..........so we can watch him destroy this company......................couldn't take him feeling sorry for himself again today to Ashley............its neverending........

the writing so repetative ............same stories go round and round and round

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

why hire Lily? what can she do at Chancellor's she's too old to be a model any more. Ashley, has put on wgt. Has double chin now or her face is falling with gravity of age.

Latest big boop with me is Abby gonna go to Phyllis's bank and get into her safe deposit box.  LOL  She'll don a red wig and a hat and act and talk like her.

as long as they don't ask her some kind of confidential information or check her signature or ask for her key since it takes 2 keys to open up a safe deposit box.

yeah, right,  only in movies.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, Ashley was certainly looking her age on yesterday's show, which is about 60. The new hair color, to me, is a bit dark and the style isn't flattering, and while a better hairdo might help the overall look, her face looked quite different. I figure this way, though... hey, the woman is 60 years old... If she wants to cut back on all the beautifiers and regimens, she's got the right...

Agree that Billy's incessant whining about his life is just beyond annoying... Nobody cares and nobody has any sympathy for the overgrown wuss.... I guess the big decision will be whether to pair Billy with Amanda or with Lily... Another big who cares moment courtesy of amateur writers, who fail to understand that trying to pass Billy off as any kind of romantic or sympathetic character right now isn't going to work... Nobody likes him and nobody is interested in his love life or his professional life either...