Honored Contributor

Re: 🌻🌹🌻 Y & R June 2018...SPOILERS!!! 🌻🌹🌻

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam As for living arrangements, I too think it's time Billy and Phyllis stopped living in Summer's apartment... I think Billy did live at the Abbot house and then at the Chancellor house... Phyllis, it seemed, always lived with a man... though it seems at one point she lived in one of the penthouses... Either way, you've got the Chancellor house sitting there gathering dust and I'm sure, if they tried, they could find a place of their very own... Just please, not at The Club...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Summary for Thursday, June 7th from soaps.com:

At Sharon’s house, she informs Nick she can stop Victor from using her to take Christian by taking herself out of the equation. “I have to leave you, Nick.” Nick protests, but is moved that she would offer to sacrifice everything and walk away. They continue to debate. Sharon wants to give Nick the best chance. Nick questions if he’s the best father for Christian. Sharon thinks Victor’s getting in his head. Nick decides he won’t pretend they broke up; he’s going to end this once and for all.

At the Ashby house, Lily goes in to wake up Charlie and finds Shauna in the bed.

In the Abbott house, Jack signs off on a call from Traci when Dina appears gushing about her Jackie being back – the house isn’t the same without him there. Jack’s missed her too and apologizes about the angry things he said to her, but she doesn’t recall. Dina wants to head out in his convertible for a fun day.

At Hamilton-Winters Group, Mattie has corrected some of Neil’s typos. Charlie chuckles about her perfectionism, but has some suggestions for the website. Neil’s impressed. Just then, Lily marches in with Shauna with questions about finding her in Charlie’s bed. Charlie and Lily clash over him lying. He protests when Lily wants to call Shauna’s parents. Neil calls for calm. Lily refuses. Cane appears. Charlie hollers as the teens insist they didn’t have sex. Neil orders everyone to talk calmly…and to listen.

Up at the Dive Bar, Jack situates Dina, who recalls her days of turning heads. Jack asks her about John not being his real father. She feels guilty about lying all these years. When asked, Dina reveals she looked elsewhere for excitement, but insists it wasn’t tawdry. Jack asks, “Who is my real father?” Dina goes on about him being handsome, the afternoons they spent together, and their magical interludes at the Stardust Inn. Neil interrupts as Jack asks his name. After, Dina can’t remember her lover’s name and becomes flustered at Jack’s questions. She reveals they were going to run away together,but he thought it was best she stay with John. Dina assures Jack he was born of love.

Down in the dining room, Nick asks Nikki if she knows Victor’s planning to use Sharon to win the custody case. Nikki’s on her son’s side, but can’t deny the facts about Sharon. Nick’s frustrated she always believes the worst about Sharon. Nikki warns if he wants to win this battle he’ll have to start thinking like a Newman. They argue heatedly about Victor’s ******. Nick warns if Victor goes through with this and trashes Sharon, he’ll find out how much of a Newman Nick is.

At HWG, Shauna’s story has come out and Lily and Cane announce they’ll find a solution that suits everyone. Cane takes Charlie aside to confirm he’s not sexually active, and Mattie tells Lily he was only trying to help Shauna, who doesn’t have anyone. The family agrees they should help and talk to Shauna about the unacceptable situation at her aunt’s. Hilary arrives, gets up to speed, and reassures Shauna. Lily and Cane decide Shauna can stay in Mattie’s room, but Hilary feels it’s better she move in with her and Devon.

At the Club bar, Nick updates Jack on his troubles with Victor. Talk turns to the tough situation with Dina. Jack opens up about needing the blanks filled in and can’t believe Nick hasn’t heard that he’s not John’s biological son. Nick’s stunned. Jack knows nothing about his father, only that they share DNA, but notes his real father is the one he shared life experiences with. Nick nods.

At home, Nick calls out for Sharon. The doorbell rings – it’s Michael Baldwin. Victor doesn’t know he’s there. They debate about the case. Michael was hired to win by any means necessary, and tells Nick he can spare Sharon humiliation by agreeing to private arbitration – the ruling will be fair and binding. Michael walks out, asking Nick to think about it. Later, Sharon appears. She learns Nikki was as unreasonable as Victor. Sharon doesn’t want to be the reason he loses his son. Nick says Brittany agreed they should do arbitration; they start next week – he’s not giving up either one of them.

At the Abbott house, Dina asks Jack to remember for the both of them when she cannot anymore. He promises. She hopes one day she’ll recall his father’s name.

A Look 👀 Ahead to Friday, June 8th:

Nikki gets blackmailed.

Honored Contributor

A rumor is stirring that actress Mishael Morgan may be on her way out at The Young and the Restless as Hilary Curtis, a role she's played since 2013. TV Source Magazine published a report speculating that Morgan had left the role, with sources pointing to contract negotiations as the reason behind the alleged exit.
While Soaps.com doesn't have confirmation of Mishael Morgan leaving Y&R, the news would most certainly come as a disappointment to fans of Hilary and Devon, who have just moved back in together onscreen and seem on the verge of rekindling their chemistry-laden romance in light of her finally becoming pregnant with their first child. If the actress were to leave there could be any number of ways to write the character off considering the ongoing tension between Hilary and Devon's family members, who are against the pair reconciling. There's the question of her pregnancy as well, which would have to be resolved by either her losing the baby, leaving town with the baby, or given the high drama of soaps, perhaps Hilary meeting with tragedy while pregnant - in fact, the published report claims the show is looking at ending Hilary and Devon's happiness by way of a car crash. This would be incredibly sad, but perhaps preferable to a recast as duplicating the chemistry between Mishael Morgan and Bryton James would be extremely difficult to do.
Soaps.com hopes this particular rumor turns out to be false, and that Morgan remains on our screens as the complex Hilary for a long time to come.

Respected Contributor

I would hate to see Hilarry leave.  Devon can go at any time please! I don't see any chemistry between them at all!

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

I would hate to see Hilarry leave.  Devon can go at any time please! I don't see any chemistry between them at all!

I agree... All this hype about 'chemistry' is delusional... She's a firecracker and he's a dud... If she sticks around, though, or if she actually leaves and is recast, and if that dreadful Shauna does move in with them, look for accusations of abuse... I've been thinking there's some reason they keep bringing this one back, along with whatever they can cook up with the Ashby's and their repugnant brats...

Respected Contributor

@steviebWhen I read about Shauna moving in, I was already envisioning her ending up going after Devon and betraying Hilary in some way.  

An even worse fear- they will give Summer her talk show job!

Honored Contributor

Often I think there really isn't anything they can do to salvage this show. It just seems like it's too far gone and every choice they make, from plot lines to casting, seems to be a bad one.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Roni18 wrote:

@steviebWhen I read about Shauna moving in, I was already envisioning her ending up going after Devon and betraying Hilary in some way.  

An even worse fear- they will give Summer her talk show job!

@Roni18 I started wondering about it when she first surfaced and it came out that she was bit of an operator... Then, she seemed just a little too interested in Devon and in Devon and Hilary's relatioship... 

Respected Contributor

They should get rid of some of the newbies and keep Hilary as far as I am concerned- Tessa, Shauna, Arturo- that should be enough to do it!  I wonder if this will be a quickie rushed goodbye 

I also agree that Billy and Phyllis need their own home.  Actually, all of these characters with high paying jobs of a certain age should have their own mansion.  (Well- maybe not my goodhearted Nick who ran a dive bar and gave his money away) But the others should.  I think it has something to do with the fact that they have failed to establish the younger generation enough as we discussed so you've got all the middle aged people runnin around acting like teens or just out of college kids. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Said before... say it again... this show needs characters you actually care about and can root for. It has very few. The thing is, I think the writers believe there are more than there actually are. I don't think they understand how disenfranchised and dissociated at least part of the audience feels about so very many of these characters.