Respected Contributor

Re: 🌻🌹🌻 Y & R June 2018...SPOILERS!!! 🌻🌹🌻

Not that I really want to think about Devon all that much, but I thought he supposedly lives in the penthouse at the AC.  When they showed his place the other day, it looked like Adam's old place across the hall from Chelsea's old pad to me, which was a more modern looking building when they'd show an exterior shot & definitely not the AC.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yesterday I got out my copy of the book "The Young and the Restless Silver anniversary Collector's Edition" from 1998 (find on Amazon) and what a treat it was to see all the old stars AND sets. Wow the Colonnade Room was beautiful and Gina's and the old ranch set etc. A fun book if you are a fan. I also just got EB's book..."I'll be Dammed"....perfect title for his book. Anyone read it? I loved Jeanne Cooper's book! The backstage stories are always the best! This show use to be so good and now just so blah. What the heck happened? 

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

Not that I really want to think about Devon all that much, but I thought he supposedly lives in the penthouse at the AC.  When they showed his place the other day, it looked like Adam's old place across the hall from Chelsea's old pad to me, which was a more modern looking building when they'd show an exterior shot & definitely not the AC.

Admit it @aubnwa01... you can't get Devon out of your head... Smiley Very Happy

His apartment is Adam's old apartment... Remember that when Adam was wooing Chelsea before he 'came out' as Adam and she was still seeing Billy, he had moved in across the hall... Then, he let Sage live there for a while when she and Nick weren't hitting on all cylinders... and when she and Nick reunited, before she went to glory, Devon bought it for Hilary, along with the entire building... Another writer slip-up because if Chelsea's apartment is now for sale, then the building must be condo, so how could Devon have bought the whole building... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@stevieb Yes!  I've griped for a long time about the cheapo sets!

Do we not remember the fancy sets of Kathryn's house?  Victor is supposed to be a Billionaire and yet his house looks like furniture from the Best Western.  Same with Victoria's and let's not even talk about your favorite women....Sharon, of course!

Remember the amazing parties?  The gowns?  The food?  Newbies to the show have no idea of what us 'old timers...to the show' used to see.

========

I'm a newbie, and one of the things that impressed me were the sets on Y&R. Those on the NBC soap are so bad, they had to have come from rummage sales.

Some of them are still pretty nice @AuntG, but not like they used to be... Interesting that each of the shows always had a somewhat distinctive and individual look to their sets and back when there used to be a lot of soaps on the air, it was more obvious... Back in the day, they used to make a big deal of redecorating the homes from time to time and it was often fun to see what they'd come up with... We don't see much of that anymore and increasingly, no one is at home any way... I can't even remember the last time I saw anyone in a kitchen, which used to be a staple among the soap sets...

Respected Contributor

I am taking a break from trying to declutter and just tuned in the show.  Condo drama!   Super boring!!! 

I don't remember Devon owning this place or living there at all.  I make an effort not to study him!Smiley Very Happy 

Also, I'm sorry but this soaps constantly having children/parents/brothers/sisters competing for the same person is pretty creepy.  Just off the top of my head - 

We've got Sharon who has been with Nick, his father, his brother Adam, and his other brother that I can't remember his name (Jason from GH!)

We've got the neverending Neil, Devon and Hilary drama.

We had the creepy Abby, Ashley, and Stitch drama

And now we've got the creepy, disgusting, and plain foolish Raturo, Abby, and stepmother Nicki.  

I'm probably missing a lot.  Bring in some new characters Y and R.  Or at least let people the same age compete for boyfriends/girlfriends.

Honored Contributor

Summary for Tuesday, June 5th from soaps.com:

At home, Phyllis snaps at Summer that they weren’t expecting her, before welcoming her home. Once everyone’s dressed, Phyllis wonders why Summer hasn’t returned her calls or texts. Summer reveals she came from Atlanta and announces she’s going out. Billy carts in Summer’s luggage and remarks on her expensive sports car. Summer’s impressed to hear Billy’s helming Jabot.

At Sharon’s place, she and Nick speculate what Victor said to Nikki about them moving. Sharon agrees to the move after Nick says he loves her, and wants to build a life with her and the kids. They worry about telling Faith and decide they’ll focus on the positive. Nick feels Victor wanted to make him like Adam, but that won’t happen – he won’t control him or his kids. Nick gets a text from Phyllis to come over for a surprise.

At Crimson Lights, Kyle teases Mariah – she’s hanging out with an Internet sensation. Mariah muses that some are saying the wardrobe malfunciton was planned. Kyle whispers, “That would be marketing genius.” Tessa appears to invite them to Devon’s Hot Summer Nights event at the Dive Bar. Mariah has to work early in the morning. After Tessa leaves, Kyle chastises Mariah for blowing Tessa off. He advises that Tessa’s into her, and offers be her wingman. He promises they’ll have a good time.

At the Club, Arturo learns Abby knows about him hooking up with her stepmother. Arturo’s surprised Nikki told her, but counters that they didn’t really have a relationship, and it’s over. Abby observes she and Nikki share the Newman last name. Arturo is offended – her last name is the least interesting thing about her. He invites her to find him at tonight’s event if she’s the woman he thought she was.

Dancing is underway at the Dive Bar when Arturo arrives and chats with Tessa. Mariah and Kyle arrive next. A nervous Mariah tries to leave, but he stops her by saying she needs to see all she has in Genoa City after the news she got. Tessa learns that Sharon and Nick are moving away, and knows it hurts Mariah. Mariah shrugs if Victor was her old man she’d want to move too. Kyle suggests she take in a talented good-looking roommate after they leave. Mariah didn’t know he wanted to leave the Abbott house.

Suddenly they hear Summer in the DJ booth. Mariah grimaces that she needs to go back where she came from, while Kyle and Summer exchange a tense look. She approaches and hugs him, but he tersely excuses himself. At the bar, Kyle tells Mariah he didn’t feel like being part of the floor show. After, Kyle informs Summer he’s over her. Mariah chimes in, “No one even noticed you were gone, Snowflake.” Summer chuckles at the idea of them as a couple, so they start dancing. Tessa watches, then eyeballs Summer. Later, Tessa dishes with Mariah about Summer asking for special consideration for her Italian sports car. Mariah calls her a rich, entitled, spoiled brat. They watch as Summer flirts with Arturo. When he says the person he’s meeting hasn’t shown, she pulls him onto the dance floor, then watches Kyle for a reaction, but he’s focused on Mariah. Abby arrives and glares daggers as she spots Arturo and Summer. She goes over and offers congrats – he’s hit the Newman trifecta – then douses him in ice water. After, Kyle needles Summer, while Mariah tells Tessa this party’s got it all. A police officer inquires about the driver of the sports car, then places Summer under arrest for felony auto theft.

Nick and Sharon arrive at Phyllis’ place and learn Summer showed up, then went out all dressed up. Nick’s glad she’s back. He and Sharon divulge that they’re moving to San Diego. Phyllis declares that can’t happen – Summer just came home. Nick shares that the Newman job is gone – Victor knows about Christian’s paternity. He’s freeing everyone from him father’s grip.

Phyllis complains Summer was vague about where she’s been and what she’s been doing. Sharon notes she’s an adult. Phyllis takes Sharon to the kitchen. Billy admires Nick for taking his family away from Victor, and warns Summer has changed – she’s more…confident. Meanwhile, Phyllis tells Sharon not to get any stupid ideas about spilling the beans to Nick about the pact. Once alone, Billy and Phyllis debate about Nick’s reasons for moving. Billy thinks she’s freaking out because she’s going to have to say goodbye to her freedom now that Summer’s back. Phyllis admits it threw her. They head to the bedroom.

At home, Nick wonders to Sharon why Phyllis took issue with them moving. Sharon thinks she expects him to be there for Summer. Nick returns to complaining about Victor. They reassure themselves they’ll be happy in California. The doorbell rings – it’s Victor, who serves Nick with an injunction preventing Nick from taking Christian out of state – he’s suing him for full custody of his grandson.

A Look Ahead to Wednesday, June 6th:

Neil outfoxes an opponent.

Honored Contributor

I haven't even watched it yet... just read the spoilers and already I'm like why in the hell did they have to bring back that skank Summer... She's beyond disgusting... I think I actually prefer Raturo to her... Sheesh... This show just never seems to get it right... I guess she's back this time as a trouble maker... Go figure... Maybe she can go the way of JT... One thing for sure, nobody would go looking for her because nobody would miss her...

Honored Contributor

"Nick feels Victor wanted to make him like Adam, but that won’t happen..."

DUH... Of course it won't happen... He's not that hot and he's not that bright...

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

DUH... Of course it won't happen... He's not that hot and he's not that bright...

I'll say it again.......................................Paul's his Daddy!Woman LOL

I've gotta be right, @stevieb, those kids are just too dam dumb!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I'll say it again.......................................Paul's his Daddy!Woman LOL

I've gotta be right, @stevieb, those kids are just too dam dumb!

@eddyandme Could be Paul or... given Nicki's apparent taste in men and her history of being a bit, well, loose... his daddy could be just about anyone... I'll tell you, from Katherine to Dina to Jill to Nicki, Genoa City's 'society' matrons sure were a bunch of hoze...