Honored Contributor

Re: 🌻🌹🌻 Y & R June 2018...SPOILERS!!! 🌻🌹🌻

@stevieb Yes!  I've griped for a long time about the cheapo sets!

Do we not remember the fancy sets of Kathryn's house?  Victor is supposed to be a Billionaire and yet his house looks like furniture from the Best Western.  Same with Victoria's and let's not even talk about your favorite women....Sharon, of course!

Remember the amazing parties?  The gowns?  The food?  Newbies to the show have no idea of what us 'old timers...to the show' used to see.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sure enough @Annabellethecat66 all the soaps used to offer up some glamor and this one more than most... Now, it's like we've both said, if I wanted to see 'average' I could drive down the street... The sets, the clothes, the actors... blah... The only set they've maintained is the Abbot house, never mind that they've decimated the family.... And even there, we only see that one corner of the living room with any regularity... Not to my taste, because it's too modern, but I see they're bringing back Devon's penthouse, which is a nicer set... At least compared to most of the others... You nailed it, though, the Newman ranch looks like something you'd see in a middle of the road hotel trying to look upscale and not quite managing... The Chancellor house is just a shame... First, Billy painted it that awful grey and even when Jill supposedly 'redid' it, it's stil a shadow of its former self... Of course, we don't see it very often anymore... You sort of have to wonder why Billy and Phyllis don't move into it instead of staying hold up in (yuk) Summer's apartment... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Of course, no one spends much time at home anyway, these days, because they're all jockeying to be the CEO... but does anybody remember the house that Brad inherited from Cassandra... Now that was a great set...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb Yes!  I forgot that was originally Summer's apartment.

Speaking of Summer, I remember she's due back anytime.  Ugh!  One more thing to NOT look forward to.

It's interesting the way Kyle is so interested in Mariah and Tessa's relationship.  Maybe he's Gay.

Honored Contributor

Someone needs to take Mariah by the hand and do a makeover on her.  Her clothes look like they came from.....a trash bin somewhere.  The colors and design of them are terrible.

Respected Contributor

It seems like none of these gazillionaires have an elevator in their multi-story homes: the Abbott mansion, Newman places & Chancellor mansion.  And, supposedly, the Athletic Club is uber swanky, but they always show everyone, young & old alike hiking up & down that semi-rickity looking old wooden staircase! 

The only elevators we see are at Jabot where Billy & Phyllis hit the stop button seem to get busy a lot without any elevator alarms ever going off.  Don't elevators have security cameras in them these days, too?  That could be a real eye-full for whoever monitors the cameras!

Honored Contributor

OK, it's official.  Some of you need to design these Billionaire's homes.

Don't involve me because I admit I have no interest or talent for design.  But I would like to see what you guys would design.  

It seems to me these people's houses are getting dumpier (is that a word) with each season.....

Pretty soon Victor and his lovely bride will be living out of the dipsty dumpster in back of Sharon's coffee house!  Yea!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 I'll be happy to sign on to re-design the Newman ranch and the Chancellor manse... 

@aubnwa01 I undestand the AC had to shut down their elevators because of Billy and Phyllis, who were creating a real problem for the cleaning crew... 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@stevieb Well, come to think of it, I don't remember the last time the idiots met at 'the park'.

For awhile they were constantly there.  Now no one goes there.  Say, (I'm whispering...knowing how he's not your favorite....shuuuuussshhhh....where is Cain)........

I have to wonder if this writer's contract says he can only have X amount of contract people in the storyline at once.

Notice how for a few weeks it's the same people, then they switch out and another set of people for a few weeks?

I swear if Victor's voice gets any lower and that accent....I'm going deaf with my head up to the TV screen!  I know he's supposed to be in recovery, but come on Victor....I need you to project that voice!

Oh but @Annabellethecat66... The park seems to be their winter venue, you know, because of course everyone likes to hang out in the park when it's freezing cold and snowing... You see, now they've switched to the summer venue, which includes the pool, and we're now learning it's atop the Athletic Club... Wonder what ever happened to that country club at which Dina spent so much time... Not even to mention that I recall the Abbot house had a pool... I guess they all went the way of the Colonnade Club and Gina Roma's restaurant... Now all we get is the coffee shop, the Athletic Club and, occasionally, Victors Top of the Tower... Hey, at least Nick's dive bar was put asunder... And, as long as I'm griping about sets, I really dislike this incarnation of the Newman 'ranch' house... It's just plain generic and ugly... The old one was so much nicer... until Sharon torched it...

@steviebWhen I read the spoilers @loveschocolate posted it talked about people hanging out at the Dive Bar.  The image in my head was Nick's Underground place then I realized that must be what the call the pool hangout!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@stevieb Yes!  I've griped for a long time about the cheapo sets!

Do we not remember the fancy sets of Kathryn's house?  Victor is supposed to be a Billionaire and yet his house looks like furniture from the Best Western.  Same with Victoria's and let's not even talk about your favorite women....Sharon, of course!

Remember the amazing parties?  The gowns?  The food?  Newbies to the show have no idea of what us 'old timers...to the show' used to see.

========

I'm a newbie, and one of the things that impressed me were the sets on Y&R. Those on the NBC soap are so bad, they had to have come from rummage sales.