Honored Contributor

Re: Y&R January 2017..SPOILERS!!

Summary for Friday, January 6th from soaps.com:

At Crimson Lights, Ashley watches Jack present a thrilled woman with a check from the benefit. After, Jack tells Ashley that Lauren is reaching out to potential investors. Ash responds, “But not you.” That’s never stopped Jack. Ash is still opposed to him going after Lauren’s business.

In Lauren’s house, Gloria confronts her about Fenmore’s being in trouble. She wonders if Michael knows. Lauren tries to downplay the situation, and explains she didn’t want to burden Michael with the news. Gloria will keep the secret and is ready to go to work on this immediately. Lauren wonders if she’s trying to blackmail her into giving her a job. Gloria demurs, “Of course not.” The doorbell rings – it’s Jack, who is surprised to see Gloria. He speaks to Lauren a possible investment in Fenmore’s. Lauren tells him that Phyllis works for her now; she’s certain he won’t want to go into business with his ex and will withdraw his offer. Jack says she couldn’t be more wrong. Lauren tightly informs him she won’t let anyone liquidate her father’s legacy; she will hold out for the right kind of investor. After she shows him out, Gloria applauds. Lauren shouts at her to knock it off. Glo warns Jack won’t give up – she’s been down in the mud with him plenty of time and it ain’t pretty! Lauren states that she’s handled the situation.

At home, Victoria rants at Reed for disappearing from school. Billy appears as Reed explains that Billy knew where he was and gave him a ride home from the music store. Once alone, Billy thinks Victoria should give Reed a break. They debate. Billy thinks Victoria is seeing his shortcomings in Reed, and feels she’s freaked out by their near-kiss on New Year’s Eve. Vikki denies it. Billy promises to alert her the next time Reed calls him and leaves.

Later, Victoria is on the phone when Reed cranks up his electric guitar. She hollers up at him. A fuse blows and Reed urges her to call Billy. She doesn’t want to. Reed says they could go to Grandpa’s. Vikki looks for her phone.

In the hospital waiting area, Lily grouses to Neil about Hilary getting lucky with Devon’s memory loss. Neil says it’s not the time for him to find out what happened, and urges her to go back to work. In Devon’s room, he asks Hilary what’s going on with her and Lily; it seems like things are worse than usual. Hil assures him everything is good. Devon worries about the show. Hil says she’ll handle it. She says they must not let anything come between them ever. Devon states nothing ever could. Hilary will make sure of it. After, Neil warns Hilary she’s not going to get away with any of this; Devon is going to get his memory back. Hilary snaps that he and Lily are so self-righteous; for all they know, Devon wasn’t going to end their marriage. Neil calls her deluded and warns she’s living on borrowed time. Hilary intends to stay Devon’s wife until he decides otherwise. She rejoins Devon and assures him her priority right now is getting him home. It will take time, but she’ll be there every step of the way. Devon is pleased to hear he’s off the critical list. He can’t understand why he was driving like a maniac far from home. Hilary kisses him. “Ssh. Just rest.”

At Jabot, Ashley chats with Billy, who tells her about Reed showing up. He admits he’s happy to have him back, but says Victoria’s kind of having a hard time with it. Ash wants him to have coffee with her in the Jabot offices. She assures him Jack is out and Phyllis has moved on. Ash gets a text and Billy ribs her when she admits she has a date. Talk turns to Victoria. Billy says she’s clear about where she stands; far away from him. Billy’s phone rings. Later, Jack arrives and tells Ashley Lauren turned him down. Ash exits. Jack gets a call from Gloria, who offers to help him get Fenmore’s. “My daughter-in-law doesn’t always know what’s best for her.”

At the Club, Lily updates Mariah on Devon’s condition and informs her he has no recollection of anything leading up to the accident. Mariah thinks Hilary dodged a bullet. Lily replies, “Not for long.” Neil joins them. Mariah feels responsible for what happened to Devon, but they reassure her. Neil says Hilary will get what’s coming to her when the time’s right.

At Victoria’s place, Billy successfully restores power and gives Reed headphones and Victoria earplugs.

A Look Ahead to Monday, January 9th:

Ashley is surprised to find Phyllis with Ravi in her old office at Jabot.

Jack asks Gloria, “What’s in all this for you?” Glo replies, “A small role in the company.” Jack asks, “How small?”

Lauren tells Michael, “I haven’t been honest with you.”

Honored Contributor

‘THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS’ SPOILERS: STEVE BURTON TEASES MORE DYLAN SCENE TO COME — ‘SHYLAN’ FINAL SCENE WILL ‘BREAK YOUR HEART’

The Young and the Restless spoilers tease that the views have not seen the last of Steve Burton (Dylan McAvoy) on the CBS soap opera yet. Apparently, in a few weeks, Dylan will officially say goodbye to Genoa City, but not before an emotional goodbye to his mother, Nikki (Melody Thomas Scott), his father, Paul (Doug Davidson), and wife, Sharon (Sharon Case). After Monday’s, January 2 episode. The Young and the Restless fans falsely believed that might be the last time they would see Steve Burton on the CBS daytime drama. However, Burton posted to Twitter that later in the month of January, there would be more Dylan scenes to come, adding that Dylan’s final scene “will break your heart.”

Steve Burton’s Goodbye Will Air At The End Of January
For several months, the Young and the Restless fans have been prepared to say goodbye to Dylan as Steve Burton announced that he didn’t plan to renew his contract with the CBS soap opera. He stated that he wanted more time with his family and to work other projects such as dedicate more time to his restaurant, Jack and Jameson’s Smokehouse, that he runs with Jonathon Jackson (ex-Lucky Spencer, General Hospital.)

The Young and the Restless viewers expected a few major casting shake-ups after Mal Young took the reigns as the show runner from Jill Farren Phelps. The fans were prepared for Steve to walk away from the show if the new regime didn’t agree to the relaxed taping schedule he’s grown accustomed too.

As part of Burton’s previous contract with the Young and the Restless, Burton was given generous time off and taped his scenes in just a few days instead of reporting to the CBS Studio four days a week. This allowed him to spend more time with his family in Tennessee, spending less time traveling to Los Angeles. It looks like the new regime at the Young and the Restless may not have offered Steve such a relaxed taping schedule, which could have been a factor in Burton’s decision to walk away from the show.

“It’s Not Over Yet”
Apparently, many viewers thought that Monday’s episode would be the end of the storyline and we’d soon discover that Dylan was killed in the line duty or turn up missing after failing to check in the with Kevin(Greg Rikaart) as Christine (Lauralee Bell) instructed. The Young and the Restless spoilers suggest that our assumption about how Dylan leaves the soap could be all wrong.

According to Soap Opera News, Steve Burton revealed that his last scene has not aired, implying that Dylan will return to Genoa City before his big departure. Several weeks ago, Burton announced on Twitter that Dylan’s final scene on the Young and the Restless was “heartbreaking,” and will “crush Shylan fans.”

The Young and the Restless scoop sent Dylan and Sharon’s fans in a tailspin as they anticipate the worst for the once happy couple. When Dylan left Sharon in tears, begging him to return to her and Faith was the main reason the viewers jumped to the conclusion that Dylan’s run on the Young and the Restless was over. However, Steve set the record straight letting his followers know to keep watching the show because he will pop in at least one more time to wrap up his run in the series.

The main question on many the Young and the Restless fans’ mind is not when he will officially leave the show, but if the showrunners plan on finding a new actor to play the role of Dylan. So far, CBS has been quiet about their plans for the character, and the fans are left to speculate whether Dylan will pop up in Genoa City months or even years down the road.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

The stalker is...........ADAM! February sweeps is coming!😱

@Naturesbeauty@RU4 real@stevieb

That does make sense - he was close to Jack.  Oh, I so hope you're right for I miss not having and Adam!!!!

Did you get a good enough look to tell if it was MM or JH?????

I guess I missed it altogether... but if there is a stalker and it is Adam, I don't see how it can be Justin...

@eddyandme

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb

The one I saw was standing by a SUV parked next to Jack's car and just watched, I guess.  I know you're right on as it is highly unlikely  that JH would return.

Actually, I found MM more enticing - he was the most believable Adam character; just like Billy Miller will always be the only Billy in my book.

Bringing any Adam back will liven up the show though.  Then they'll drop the Devon/Helliary scenario - UGH!!!! And, I wonder how Chloe will get hers????? And, of course, Nick will find out Christian ain't his!

Then the only thing left outstanding will be who hit Delia?  Clean that up and get on with some 'juicy' storylines...

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme...  I'm sure the previous Adam did a good job. I wasn't watching regularly when he was on. And while I honestly don't care what they do with the character, I still maintain it's going to be hard to recast him with the same guy and then revamp the character again, back into a 'bad guy'... It seems that the previous actor's claim to fame was as a dastardly villain and while they could certainly rewrite recent history, I guess my take is it's a little too recent to be believable... I do think they'll bring Adam back at some point to upset things with the kid and with whatever Nick and Chelsea are invovled with, but I'm thinking it might be more effective if they give it a little time.That said, gosh yes, I wish they'd wrap up all these lousy story lines and move into more interesting territory.

Honored Contributor

Those spoiler blurbs crack me up... They act like we'll be missing Dylan... Not... I was pretty sure they'd string out his departure to try to get maximum mileage out of it, given they have this trumped up Hillary and Devon storyline going... Another one most of us wouldn't mind seeing end sooner rather than later...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh for pity's sake. Catching up with today's episode and Nick and Chelsea are still dissecting their freakin' kiss... Wish they'd have bitten each others lips off...

And still more of Hillary...

Image result for yawn emoticon

Honored Contributor

If Phyl and Lauren are so darned cold, maybe they should consider not wearing low-cut, sleeveless cocktail dresses in the middle of a Wisconsin winter... Just sayin'...

Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

The other day, when Victor went to Victoria's house, she was flouncing around in a sleeveless outfit & Victor was saying hoow cold it was outside.  She must keep her house at 95° in the winter!

Valued Contributor

I must've missed the stalker. The only car related thing I've seen was Jack getting out of his car and Billy getting out of his (parked next to Jack) at the same time. They were parked outside.  Not in a parking garage.  They just looked at one another and went on their way.