Honored Contributor

🌻🌻Y&R JUNE 2020 w/SPOILERS🌻🌻

Young and Restless spoilers for Monday June 1:

Family and friends gather to witness the nuptials of Traci (Beth Maitland) and Brad (Don Diamont), while Katherine (Jeanne Cooper) and Dina (Adams) plot against Jill (Walton), and Nikki (Melody Thomas Scott) struggles with her drinking. The episode originally aired Jan. 11, 1991.

Young and Restless spoilers for Tuesday June 2:

Jack (Bergman) smells success as John Abbott (Douglas) regains control of Jabot, and Victor (Eric Braeden) and Ashley (Davidson) make amends. The episode originally aired Sept. 17, 1999.

Young and Restless spoilers for Wednesday June 3:

Jack (Bergman) proposes to Phyllis (Michelle Stafford), and tensions rise between Traci (Maitland) and Ashley (Davidson). The episode originally aired Sept. 10, 2001.

Young and Restless spoilers for Thursday June 4:

As the family mourns the loss of John Abbott, Kevin (Greg Rikaart) and Michael (Christian Le Blanc) help Gloria (Judith Chapman) fight for her place among the Abbotts. The episode originally aired August 24, 2006.

Young and Restless spoilers for Friday June 5:

Dina reminds the Abbotts of the true meaning of Christmas, Kyle (Mealor) and Lola (Sasha Calle) celebrate their first Christmas as a married couple, and Billy (Thompson) keeps a secret from his family. The episode originally aired Dec. 24, 2019.

Honored Contributor

Re: 🌻🌻Y&R JUNE 2020 w/SPOILERS🌻🌻

Seeing so much of John these last few weeks had me wondering when the character passed away. I'll be getting my answer in the first week of June.

Respected Contributor

Interesting that Wednesday's old episode originally aired on Sept. 10th 2001........

Respected Contributor

Two HUGE mistakes the fools at Y&R made was killing off John and Brad. Stupid stupid stupid. I'm done with watching but enjoy the chat here about a show I really use to love. Now....I'm done with it.

Honored Contributor

Such an elaborate church wedding for Tracy and Brad, yet, other than the bridal party, only six people were in attendance. Dina was beautiful nearly thirty years ago. Jill looks like she belongs on a Mardi Gras float! The previous poster mentioned the groom was killed off. That's too bad.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Watching some of the older shows it becomes very pointed how much the show has changed over the years, all the various periods of its development, evolution and devolution. Along with better stories, it's hard not to miss the more appealing sets, particularly the character's homes, which are so sorely missing... along with the far better costumes and wardrobe, and overall better production values... It has also pointed out to me that there have been long periods when I've skipped the show, either because I had far better things to do or because there have been periods when the show just didn't measure up, featuring uninteresting stories and characters, though none quite so glaringly bad as now...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

https://soaps.sheknows.com/the-young-and-the-restless/news/567224/young-restless-adam-didnt-kill-del...

@loveschocolate  There was a time when it would have made a huge difference had they revealed that Adam didn't kill Delia, but I'm not so sure it would matter anymore... First, I don't think for a minute that the current writers are up to the task of making this a monumental reveal... Like everything else they do, it would probably fall flat... On top of that, it's a different and far less likable Billy and a different and seemingly less monstrous Adam... Although we've always known that Billy was somewhat culpable in her demise, the one thing that would play well would be to find out that he was somehow directly responsible... The only other thing that could work would be to pull a long-term character out of left field as the culprit, but again, I don't think these writers could pull it off..

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Such an elaborate church wedding for Tracy and Brad, yet, other than the bridal party, only six people were in attendance. Dina was beautiful nearly thirty years ago. Jill looks like she belongs on a Mardi Gras float! The previous poster mentioned the groom was killed off. That's too bad.

Jill used to be a hoot until they toned her down too far and made her both boring and bland... I never understood the choices to kill off Brad or John Abbott... I wondered if either or both of them wanted out, but Brad has since resurfaced on The Bold and the Beautiful, so one might assume he wasn't ready to retire... Abbott, on the other hand, was written out by one of the many head writers that took over after Bill Bell retired and who clearly didn't understand the importance of the character to the show... At this point, the actor is in his late 80's and, like the actress who portray's Dina (who's in her early 80's), probably not up for extended story lines...

Esteemed Contributor

Got to see the show today - first time in about three months!?!!

Jack was a real pos, imho.......

Seemed much better acting though and better sets in years past.  Why did they get rid of the senior John Abbott?  And, after such horrific behavior on Jack's part, I'm wondering how the writers could ever put them together romantically like they did a couple year's ago?  It would be nice if it was a continuum like in real life.