Honored Contributor

Re: 🌸🥀 Y&R JUNE 2019 SPOILERS! 🥀🌸

[ Edited ]

@Roni18  Kevin was almost tolerable when the British girl was more or less his sidekick, but I think that was mainly because I always liked her... I don't remember her name but I think they killed her off...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Roni18  Kevin was almost tolerable when the British girl was more or less his sidekick, but I think that was mainly because I always liked her... I don't remember her name but I think they killed her off...

@steviebWas that the one they made crazy and blamed on a brain tumor?  I can't remember her name either.  

Honored Contributor

@Roni18  Not sure... My recollection of her is blurry... I possibly wasn't watching consistently then... I know, it was Jana...They killed her off and kept Chloe... Go figure... British... Very pretty girl, as I recall and much more interesting, not even to mention a better actor, than so many of the current crop...

Super Contributor

I was on vacation and am about 8 shows back. Need to catch up! I just finished the one where Kyle and LoLo are moving into Sharon's apartment, and she burned the turkey, or whatever was in the oven. Then they smooched over the burning dinner. I know when I ruin a meal, I always call my husband over and want a big sloppy kiss. NOT!!! Also, reading the spoilers, PLEASE don't tell me that LoLo's mommy is coming to town to help with the WEDDING??? They haven't even known each other 6 months. I heard that they are going to try to hook up mommy with Jack? I sincerely hope not. BTW, shouldn't mommy be back in Miami to help with the upcoming birth of her first grandchild? Agree with the most of you that getting rid of Gina as Phyllis is a huge mistake. She OWNED that role.Also not happy about the way they are playing Dina, threre are so many advances in Alzheimer's treatments, and the Abbott's are rich, it is just silly for them to send her somewhere where she is unfamiliar at this stage of her disease.They have plenty of $$$ to hire nurses, etc. 

Esteemed Contributor

Can someone explain what Michael was like "on his dark side"?  Sounds ominous and can't imagine that character suddenly transitioning to a "dark side".

I also . fortunately, missed out on Kevin as a chipmunk, but really don't care.Woman LOL

Also, since they're bringing back the 'oldies', any word on Gloria's return?  I really liked her and surmizing with Kevin's return and Michael's increased airtime one would assume Gloria's character would be reinstated.

Just wanted to add, imho Lola and Kyle's impending nuptials, along with bringing her mother into the mix is just (nicely phrasing) nauseating!Woman Sad  But I can't wait for Summer to reek havoc on their 'relationship' with her new beau - sweet revenge!:womanvery-happy

And, last but not least, I'd like to add, hoping while in assisted living they find Dina was misdiagnosed and is cured and returns back to the Abbott household.  They really need a matriarch.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme  Most of the longer-term characters have pretty complicated histories. My best advice is to Google the character's name and then go to the Wickipedia page that will show up... Yes, these characters actually have their own pages...  They might not give you a complete picture of the character but they'll definitely hit the highlights... There are also so many other sites to garner history about these shows, you know, back when the history was worth hearing about... As for Michael, both he and his dweeby brother have checkered pasts, as does their mommy dearest... 

Here's the page for Michael Baldwin, who among other things tried to rape Cricket and shoot Paul:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Baldwin

Valued Contributor

I just found this forum, thanks for doing it!   I was a big Y & R fan decades ago and haven't watched it forever until a few months ago.   It was around the time when the girls buried JT.   With that said, I have been watching regularly.   I don't fully understand the writing changes etc but I will say...my least favorite story lines are Kyle/Lola and Tessa/Mariah.  Really, I just fast forward through the story lines.  Maybe that is a unique opinion, just wondering if anyone else feels the same way?

Honored Contributor

@Gayle2 wrote:

I just found this forum, thanks for doing it!   I was a big Y & R fan decades ago and haven't watched it forever until a few months ago.   It was around the time when the girls buried JT.   With that said, I have been watching regularly.   I don't fully understand the writing changes etc but I will say...my least favorite story lines are Kyle/Lola and Tessa/Mariah.  Really, I just fast forward through the story lines.  Maybe that is a unique opinion, just wondering if anyone else feels the same way?

@Gayle2  Welcome and you're not alone... Most of us posting here on a regular basis have little use for the Kyle/Lola or Tessa/Mariah story lines... In fact, some of us wanted to form a 'movement' to encourage the powers that be to lose Lola altogether... Tessa too, or at least keep her from singing...

Woman Wink

#LOLAMUSTGO

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

Can someone explain what Michael was like "on his dark side"?  Sounds ominous and can't imagine that character suddenly transitioning to a "dark side".

I also . fortunately, missed out on Kevin as a chipmunk, but really don't care.Woman LOL

Also, since they're bringing back the 'oldies', any word on Gloria's return?  I really liked her and surmizing with Kevin's return and Michael's increased airtime one would assume Gloria's character would be reinstated.

Just wanted to add, imho Lola and Kyle's impending nuptials, along with bringing her mother into the mix is just (nicely phrasing) nauseating!Woman Sad  But I can't wait for Summer to reek havoc on their 'relationship' with her new beau - sweet revenge!:womanvery-happy

And, last but not least, I'd like to add, hoping while in assisted living they find Dina was misdiagnosed and is cured and returns back to the Abbott household.  They really need a matriarch.

@eddyandmeThat wiki page gives a good summary of Michael's past.  My main memory is of him making a hole in the wall so that he could attack Cricket!   (Hmmm- is this show obsessed with walls and people in the walls?  I'm still having nightmares that Raturo is hiding in mine!)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Roni18  Not to ruin the surprise or anything, but Raturo DEFINITELY has YOU on his radar...

Woman LOL

Image result for arturo young and restless