Honored Contributor

Re: 🌸🥀 Y&R JUNE 2019 SPOILERS! 🥀🌸

@AuntG wrote:

Longtime viewers, prepare me for Kevin Fischer. Is he a comic character? I watched him have a short stint on Days Of Our Lives, and he was a total creep - but in a funny way. Pulled off some great lines.

Comic wthhout meaing to be might best describe him @AuntG... Not sure I can be fair, so I'll let someone else take a shot at this one but to me Kevin is essentially a bit of a twerp... I think they finally landed on him being a computer nerd... Not completely unlikable, but pretty much unnecessary... Michael's younger brother who seems to have a penchant for being in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong person... Worked with the PD, which will propably mean seeing more of the bumbling head cop... Never a good thing in my book...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kelsey17  I'll see if I can again scout out contact information, but odds are they don't really care... They say they love us, but if they did, they wouldn't be consistently airing this tripe, which is maybe one step above pure rubbish...

Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

If Friday is going to become "let's watch people get it on" day, I'm going to stop watching it. 

*Kyle and Lola

*Sharon and Adam

*Sharon and Rey

*Vikki and Billy

*Tessa and Mariah

What. The. Heck.  I need a puke bucket.......

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

If Friday is going to become "let's watch people get it on" day, I'm going to stop watching it. 

*Kyle and Lola

*Sharon and Adam

*Sharon and Rey

*Vikki and Billy

*Tessa and Mariah

Me too, @SahmIam .  I just couldn't watch it -- too gross.............

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

*Kyle and Lola

*Sharon and Adam

*Sharon and Rey

*Vikki and Billy

*Tessa and Mariah

Oh but @SahmIam... the new team just LOVES us and are committed (or maybe they should be...) to giving us the iconic Y&R back... All this supposedly titillating material between largely less than attractive couples is included with the price of admission... Just wait until Big Nasty Red shows back up and starts locking lips with anything that will have her... Good times...

Trusted Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

Hey does anyone else remember when Adam first met Big Red (her AKA then and I hope she goes back to RED....too many blondes on this show) at the gym? He pocketed her SCRUNCHIE! Oh my....I hate to think just where that poor little scrunchie ended up. I think nuAdam is WAY too young.....more Noah's age than the character's age but we all know on this show age is irrelevant....only a number...writers don't care. Making it up as they go. Show "history"....who cares?

@silkyk  

Adam would have been close to Noah’s age, had they not aged him when they brought him on as an adult when Hope was dying.  I think only a few years older than Noah. 

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

*Kyle and Lola

*Sharon and Adam

*Sharon and Rey

*Vikki and Billy

*Tessa and Mariah

Oh but @SahmIam... the new team just LOVES us and are committed (or maybe they should be...) to giving us the iconic Y&R back... All this supposedly titillating material between largely less than attractive couples is included with the price of admission... Just wait until Big Nasty Red shows back up and starts locking lips with anything that will have her... Good times...

@stevieb @SahmIam 

We all know if they really cared about us, Lola would have been killed off in a New York minute. And Tessa. They wouldn’t keep Kyle acting like a 12 year old.  Too many characters acting like teenagers in their interpersonal relationships. 

They wouldn’t keep shoving music stories.   Or Dr. Nate as medical expert in Everything (and now to be on corporate board of Hamilton-Winters!).   If everything is to be completely unrealistic, then they might as well play as the farce it has become.

They would have some other treatment for Dina so, Marla Adams can be involved as a matriarch of the show.   And, if they insist on Cane and Tracy fantasies, send Tracy to Fairview and bring back Patti & Kitty.  (Is Patti supposed to still be in Fairview Or was she sent to another nuthouse?). 

Respected Contributor

I saw this tidbit on the Summer Sneak Peek in the Y&R chat group I'm on.  Looks like maybe they'll take Michael back to his psycho stalker days?  They need to give him something meaty to do, he's been wasted just lawyering & being Victor's go-to:

Lauren and Michael's relationship could also be tested when Michael finds himself in a precarious position, and he begins to explore his long-buried dark side.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@trenet Oh yea, they seem intent on continuing the lunacy and also bringing back all the old stuff that doesn't bear resurrecting, but missing every conceivable opportunity to write decent story, focus on interesting characters and re-up those things and people that deserve a second glance...

Like I said before, it seems like every time I think they might just be making some headway they have to go and ruin it with a focus on the awful Kyle and Lola story, Tessa and Mariah, Traci and Cane and just about anything to do with Devon and his entire coterie, most especially to include the awful Doctor Nate...

I'm not at all interested in a Kevin and Chloe redux or the return of Chelsea. I'm so not looking forward to Stafford's return, but do wonder, where the heck is Gloria... Gloria and Jack waking up in bed together was one of the very (and I mean very...) few priceless and memorable moments this show has offered up over the past several years... 

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Longtime viewers, prepare me for Kevin Fischer. Is he a comic character? I watched him have a short stint on Days Of Our Lives, and he was a total creep - but in a funny way. Pulled off some great lines.

@AuntGI actually found myself enjoying him on Days.  His character was over the top but in a fun way.   I have NEVER enjoyed the character he played on Y and R. 

As @stevieb pointed out they have never really been able to figure out what they wanted Kevin to be:  a fun character, a bad seed, a man of action (Big Ha Ha there from me), computer genius.  They just never knew what to do with him.  

Silliest plot was where he robbed stores dressed as a big chipmunk (seriously!)

Then they had him (totally out of character) go and rescue Lauren's son from Iran or somewhere!  

Last seen I think he was working as a computer guy at the police station.

Days showed me the actor is capable but they need to give him a good storyline and Y and R's track record is poor in my opinion.