Esteemed Contributor

Re: 🌸🥀 Y&R JUNE 2019 SPOILERS! 🥀🌸

@stevieb wrote:

I also think this Adam is a pretty attractive guy... Not drop dead gorgeous, not a steaming hunk of man, but nice looking... Of all Victor's children, he seems to have gotten the best genes... Then again, nothing against her, but Nicki isn't his mother...

Caught years ago when Adam's mother was sick or something - not sure - wasn't really watching steadily at that time.  I remember she was a down to earth and though a country-girl, extremely wise of the world.  Anyways, between her and Victor, Adam had to come out waay ahead of the others!Woman Wink

Imho, @stevieb , looks at first, briefly, may attract; but, attraction is basically through the mind!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Summary for Thursday, June 13th from soaps.com:

At Newman Enterprises, Nick and Victoria have been summoned by Victor and wait outside his office. Inside, Nikki offers to help Victor explain his situation to the children, but he’ll handle it. Meanwhile, Adam joins Victoria and Nick, who receives a text from Rey about Adam. Abby arrives as Victor invites them in. Victor announces, “I’m ill. The doctors say it’s serious.” He confirms the rare blood disease can be fatal. Abby asks if there’s anything they could do. Victor mentions them getting along. Nick and Adam realize it’s why he was insistent on Adam’s return. Victor reveals even if the treatments are successful, they’ll take a toll on his body. Victoria offers to run Newman. Abby snarks about her taking advantage. Victor asks to speak to Adam alone. In the corridor, Abby needles Victoria about still not being the chosen one, then leaves. In the office, Victor tells Adam he’s the only one genuinely qualified to carry on his legacy. Adam concedes he’s like Victor, but he would never be satisfied living out someone else’s dream. He says, “Give it to Victoria, she’ll be happy to settle.” Adam exits and spars with Nick and Victoria. She snipes that he hasn’t changed one bit and is angry, assuming he’s taken the chance to take over. Victoria leaves as Adam shouts, “Don’t you want to see if you’re picked?”

Meanwhile, Nick tells Victor he won’t work with Adam. He knows Victor must be scared, but the Mustache denies it. Nick warns he must stop trying to turn Adam into the golden child – he blew up the family; the best they can hope for is minimal fallout. He goes to confront Adam about running Victoria off. Adam muses that being dead had its advantages. Nick, having received a text from Rey, lets Adam know he knows he met with Kevin Fisher. Once it’s just Nikki and Victor, he tells her, “There’s always tomorrow.” She goes to get the elevator and returns to find him staring at his portrait sadly.

Dina’s excited to see Traci the novelist has returned to the facility to share her book with her. Traci explains it’s called Stolen Lockets, Broken Hearts and is mostly a love story. She begins reading about Flynn and Velma, who complains he’s blind when it comes to his ex, Iris. Dina gets into the story and wants to hear more. Traci continues with Flynn hurting Velma’s feelings as he obsesses about Iris. Iris’ husband comes to the door and tells Flynn to back off – it’s his last warning. Flynn takes off after the guy. In the park, Iris’ husband meets Cora and kisses her. Flynn starts snapping photos, but a man knocks him out with a billy club and drags him off. Dina cries, “This is terrible.” She’s upset that Velma loves Flynn and thinks he should stop wasting time on Iris. Traci agrees that would be a happy ending.

At Crimson Lights, Kyle laughs at Mariah’s dead plant, which was a housewarming gift for him and Lola, but she forgot to water it. Kyle reveals they’re engaged, and Mariah leaps up to hug him – that’s fantastic! Mariah gets all the details then reveals she has a new job – head of Power Communications. Kyle gapes, “What?” Mariah grins, “I’ve gone corporate, baby!” She explains Tessa will be her first client and confides that as scary as it is, she wants it. Later, Cane runs into Traci and invites her to join him. She’s pleased about his new work, and he reveals he may have to move to Lakewood and be closer to Lily.

At Society, Lola thanks Rey for not being a jerk to Kyle. Rey is glad he’ll be part of the family. Lola accuses him of lying. Rey insists he believes he’ll fit in just fine as long as he remembers soccer is king and Lola is queen. As they chat, Lola senses something’s up with him and Sharon, but he says everything’s fine. Later, Victoria joins Billy outside and tells him, “No, everything is not okay.” He holds her.

In Chancellor Park, Kyle and Mariah meet up with Tessa and Lola arrives soon after. Lola shows off her ring and says Abby will be her Maid of Honor. Abby appears, visibly downcast, but wants to start wedding planning. Lola pictures a fairytale wedding, outside, and in Genoa City. Abby will get to work.

At home, Nick looks at a photo of him and Victor.

Adam arrives in the tackhouse, pours a scotch and looks pensive. He shakes his head before downing it.

Next on The Young and the Restless:

Michael demands the truth from Kevin.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

I really LOVE this new AdamHeart!!!!!  I think he's the best:  he has already managed to reek havoc between Witchatoria, Numbnutz and Sharon and Rey in basically one swell swoop.....and, stymied poor crazy Kevin - as a bonus while retaining Chloe!!!Woman LOL

I also like the suave smoothness he emanates - he's the closest thing to the class and slyness of The Mustache.  Think they did a good job with this actor in representing Victor's offspring who will someday have the keys to the Newman Kingdom. 

I admit, never watched MM and realize Justin has his following, but, watch closely this Adam - someone might agree with me - hopefully!

@eddyandme @stevieb , I’m really enjoying this new Adam too! 
Honored Contributor

"Cane runs into Traci and invites her to join him. She’s pleased about his new work, and he reveals he may have to move to Lakewood and be closer to Lily."

Please, yes, have him move to Lakewood to be closer to Diamond Lil... Honestly, this novel story line is dead in the water... Nobody cares... Traci is sweet and she deserves a life, but frankly, the character was much better when we saw less of her...

"Rey insists he believes he’ll fit in just fine as long as he remembers soccer is king and Lola is queen."

Really Rey, do we hurl now or later...

“I’ve gone corporate, baby!”

Yes Mariah, because only in Genoa City can someone with no actual training, education or experience routinely take over the running of multi-billion dollar corporations..

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Love-love-love seeing Victor rip Cricket a new one...

Am so hoping, however, that this does not portend that we'll be seeing much more of her and her bumbling police chief husband...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Where does Jack-hole NIck get off just busting into Adams place of residence... Loved Adam's line about needing better security around this place... Also enjoyed watching him educate Numbnutz about his sister having sold him down the river... Thing is, none of these morons seem to realize that the way they greeted his reappearance and the assumptions they've all made about him almost left Adam no choice but to revert to type... Adam looked particularly nice today in his simple black tee... Love seeing a cool, calm and collected semi-bad boy at work... 

Honored Contributor

Eric Braeden was in an episode of "McCloud" last weekend and I couldn't help but notice the tremendous similarity between him and the new Adam. Adam looks like he could be a young Victor based on that episode. Maybe the casting was a lot better than I originally thought. This Adam seems to be doing a good job and I wonder if the powers that be are grooming him to have a large role on the show phasing out Victor (who may just want to work less).

Esteemed Contributor

Seriously.....we couldn't go ONE day without seeing Kyle and Lola making out...ugh.

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry, but Nick has had no use for Phyllis... tossed her out of the house... has disrespected her every chance he got and in every way he could but now he's concerned... yet Adam is the bad guy...

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

Seriously.....we couldn't go ONE day without seeing Kyle and Lola making out...ugh.

But of course @kelsey17  because our esteemed writers have promised us we'll see them 'steaming up the screen' this summer... Aren't you excited... No? I'm not either... Disgusted maybe, but not excited...