Esteemed Contributor

Re: 🌸🥀 Y&R JUNE 2019 SPOILERS! 🥀🌸

I know there are alot of Nick haters out there....but i actually LIKE...Nick.............someone who tries to be decent...everyone else is DEVIOUS, UNDERHANDED, ETC.  There are SO  MANY  unlikeable characters on the show the good guys are so rare....like Paul too...the thing i hate is that the writers make the good guys "stupid".....as an example today....Nick having Adam followed.....great idea even if Rey is doing it............i thought after seeing the pic of Adam and Kevin  it would be interesting what Nick might find out as time goes on............NO the stupid writers make him show his hands to Adam by announcing "how is Kevin doing?:"  really?? you are having your enemy followed and you let him know about it?? Now Adam is on the"alert"....and will be more careful......come on...of course they make Nick stupid...........they also make Paul look like a dumb detective.....they could actually make him into a decent detective......................so either you are bascially a good stupid person or a hateful devious person.........in the old days you used to have a couple bad guys in the soap and you would cheer for the good ones winning out....here it is all bad guys....and i think that is one reason the soaps are going down...............the evil character trys to outevil the next person....just overdone

Honored Contributor

Sharon will resort to her true nature and go to bed with Adam

Poor Rey will be cuckold once again.  He will swear off women and start thinking about changing his love routine.

who ever has Phyllis and Chloe I'd let them keep them.

Lola will open a box of crackerjacks and find her wedding ring.

Get her dress from the thrift store and say "did I pay to much"? gag

Stupid Elena won't gripe about somebody paying off her student loan

only in this universe do the women all want to be martyrs. She's shacked

up with the needy child, so, take his loot.

Pairing of big Tracy with Cane is laughable. Tracy can keep dreaming.

Close ups of her wrinkled face, well, poor thing. Cane wouldn't go from

one extreme to the other. Lily being 100 pds and Tracy 300 and wrinkled

Only in soapland. The twins would say "what" ?  ROFL

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I know there are alot of Nick haters out there....but i actually LIKE...Nick.............someone who tries to be decent...everyone else is DEVIOUS, UNDERHANDED, ETC.  There are SO  MANY  unlikeable characters on the show the good guys are so rare....like Paul too...the thing i hate is that the writers make the good guys "stupid".....as an example today....Nick having Adam followed.....great idea even if Rey is doing it............i thought after seeing the pic of Adam and Kevin  it would be interesting what Nick might find out as time goes on............NO the stupid writers make him show his hands to Adam by announcing "how is Kevin doing?:"  really?? you are having your enemy followed and you let him know about it?? Now Adam is on the"alert"....and will be more careful......come on...of course they make Nick stupid...........they also make Paul look like a dumb detective.....they could actually make him into a decent detective......................so either you are bascially a good stupid person or a hateful devious person.........in the old days you used to have a couple bad guys in the soap and you would cheer for the good ones winning out....here it is all bad guys....and i think that is one reason the soaps are going down...............the evil character trys to outevil the next person....just overdone

@kelsey17  I think you're probably right... I mean, not about Nick, I can't hack him, but about the fact that in their efforts to make all the characters so multi-dimensional, there are no 'heros' or 'heroines' on soaps anymore, that the audience almost universally roots for... It used to be that they developed good, solid core characters and then put them in perilous situations or pitted them against evil characters and you pretty much knew whose side you'd be on... These days, I find myself rooting for the most interesting characters, who, more times than not, are the bad boys and girls... Also, in the old days, they did occasionally redeem a villain, but these days, they don't have to bother because at least half the audience is rooting for the bad guy in the first place...  All that said, despite his history, my personal feeling is that if Adam is currently the bad guy, it's at least in part because his wimp of a brother and his witch of a sister had huge chips on their shoulders about his return from the moment they knew he was back... When you think about it, he hasn't done anything at all that was so dastardly... He wants his family and kids back... Most people in his shoes would probably want the same thing...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@hsawaknow3 Good to see you and yep, agree with most of what you had to say...

Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

@kelsey17I agree with you.   That is one reason I like Nick because he is one of the decent characters.  I do agree that the writing makes both him and Paul look really dumb.  

I do miss the old days.  In recent years they have really made everyone shades of gray.  They really ruined Neil's character for me, who used to be a good guy, when they had him plot with Victor to forge Jack's (his friend) signature and then when they had him kidnap Hilary.  That is just one example.   

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I guess Jack and Loren will be the next "couple". How long will they drag this out.......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Roni18 @kelsey17  I've come to agree with @AuntG... the kindest thing they could do for Nick and Sharon, not to mention the audience, is let then reunite and then put them on a back burner for a long, long time... Yes, he's a 'nice guy', so let him be nice instead of trying to make him into a cave man... It just doesn't work... Bottom line for me... he's boring and while admittedly I never liked her, I'm as sick of Sharon as I've ever been...

Woman Surprised  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Summary for Monday, June 17th from soaps.com:

At the basement room, Michael asks what this place is and what’s going on. Kevin demands he leave, but Michael insists he come clean. They shout until Kevin admits, “It’s Chloe okay!” Michael is floored when Kevin says she’s alive and asks what evidence he has. Kevin replies, “I’ve been living with her for the past two years.” Michael yells about people coming back from the dead. Kevin explains she disappeared after they heard Adam was alive. He was holding her captive, so Kevin came to get her back. Michael learns Kevin took Phyllis because he thought she was Adam’s girlfriend. Michael screeches about Kevin not getting his facts straight. Kevin doesn’t need his attitude and explains Adam was willing to trade Phyllis for Chloe. Michael dials Paul and Kevin slaps the phone to the floor – Chloe will be locked up if he calls. He pleads with Michael to help him get Chloe back to Bella – he’ll keep her away from Adam. He also has to stay in town to help Adam. Michael breathes deeply and lets Kevin go.

At home, Nick opens an envelope and grimaces angrily. “Son of a b*tch!”

Victoria arrives at Dark horse and Adam tells her he turned down the job at Newman Enterprises and isn’t interested in her rant. Victoria wants to put aside their grievances because Victor is sick. She offers a financial arrangement to get Dark Horse back to Nick. Adam refuses. He muses about giving Nick back the company and taking the CEO position at Newman. Victoria says that’s not happening. Nick storms in, screaming about shoving papers down Adam’s throat. Victoria learns Adam’s suing Nick for full custody of Christian. They argue – Nick won’t ever give him up. Adam will demand a new DNA test. Victoria hisses, b*stard.” Adam gloats about his huge infusion of cash and Nick says no amount of money will buy Christian. Victoria warns Adam this will come back to haunt him. Adam gestures and says he owes all of this to her. Later, Kevin reports to Adam that Phyllis is back out in the world, but he doesn’t know where, and she didn’t see him. Adam senses he’s lying. Kevin admits she escaped. Adam scoffs, and wants to talk about what’s next. He warns Kevin to get ready for battle – things might get ugly…fast.

Back at home, Nick calls someone – he needs their help, Adam’s suing him for custody. Later, Michael arrives, surprised he wants him as a lawyer. Nick knows he was willing to do whatever it took to help Victor win; now he’s on the right side. Michael thinks they can find things to disqualify Adam as a parent. Nick wants to teach him a lesson. Michael thoughtfully says it would be his pleasure to do that. After, Victoria arrives to apologize and explains why she did what she did. Nick says she gave Adam too much credit and now Christian’s paying for it. He dismisses her. Once alone, Nick phones Chelsea to warn her that Adam’s back to his old self and is suing him for custody of Christian…Connor may be next.

Mariah greets Devon at Society and learns he wants relationship advice. Devon updates Mariah about the student loan fiasco. Mariah confirms he royally screwed up. She warns his money will always be a factor in his relationships. Mariah thinks the loan repayment was too much right out of the gate and made her feel powerless. Devon realizes the issue and thanks Mariah.

At Crimson Lights, Nate catches up with Elena, who says Jett’s first shows were incredible. Nate relays she got the EMT position she interviewed for, and she’s thrilled. They sit, and she fills him in on Devon paying off her loans. Nate defends his uncle – Devon’s generous with his money because he knows what it’s like to be broke. Elena feels he discounted her feelings. Nate suggests she talk it out with Devon.

Elena arrives at the penthouse and calls out for Devon. She sees some handmade cards from children on the counter. He arrives and they agree they should talk. She asks about the cards. He admits he donated computers to his old elementary school. Elena thinks it’s wonderful. She doesn’t need anyone to rescue her, just stand by her side. Devon respects her and hopes she can forgive him. Elena regrets not staying to talk it out. They pinkie swear to talk if anything like this happens again. They kiss.

In Vegas, Riza, (played by Tina Casciani), tells Phyllis, (now played by Michelle Stafford), she couldn’t resist her invitation, and asks, “Why the sudden interest in Adam Newman?”

Next on The Young and the Restless:

Sparks fly between Sharon and Adam

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Y&R spoilers for Monday June 17:

In Monday’s Y&R recap, Nick hires Michael to fight Adam for custody of Christian and then warns Chelsea about Adam coming after Connor, and Devon and Elena reconnect after getting advice from Mariah and Nate.

Michael makes Kevin come clean.

Returning! Jess Walton returns to Young and Restless as Jill.

Y&R spoilers for Tuesday June 18:

Adam and Sharon feel the heat between them.

Jack meets someone new.

Y&R spoilers for Wednesday June 19:

Victor reaches a decision.

Y&R spoilers for Thursday June 20:

Devon honors Neil.

Billy loses his temper.

Y&R spoilers for Friday June 21:

Adam has an unexpected visitor.

A power move is made by Victor.

More Young and Restless spoilers…

Nick tells Adam he’s lucky he doesn’t shove those papers right down his throat, then explains to Victoria that Adam’s suing him for full custody of Christian. Nick vows Adam will never get Christian then storms out. Nick will do some things he wasn’t planning on doing as a result of the threat.

Billy angrily asks Adam what the hell he’s doing at his daughter’s grave – he’s the reason she’s there.

In Vegas, Adam’s friend Riza asks Phyllis (whose back is to the camera), “Why the sudden interest in Adam Newman?” as Tina Casciani returns to Young and Restless.

Chloe surfaces as Elizabeth Hendrickson returns to Young and Restless.

After dedicating the Society stage to Neil and experiencing friction with Nate, Devon sees Hilary again and ends up having a panic attack. Elena finds him in crisis and is able to help, but the pair will face challenges as he deals with his grief and guilt.

Victor picks a side.

Kevin wants revenge for Delia being killed.

Coming up on Young and Restless…

Nick receives a surprise visitor.

Phyllis comes back to Genoa City with a vengeance as Michelle Stafford returns to Young and Restless.

Victor makes a huge decision.

Kevin continues to search for Chloe.