Honored Contributor

Re: 🇺🇸🇺🇸 Y&R JULY 2019 SPOILERS! 🇺🇸🇺🇸

I've known for many years the actor who plays Michael wears a hair piece.  He looks good in it...or DID (in my opinion).  

These days he's wearing something way too long in the back.  It just isn't looking good these days.  

I'm so confused these days with this !@#$% soap I don't know what I want to see.

I do know I'd like to see Anita and Lola's mom get into it REAL GOOD.  I think Anita could take her down.

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that Lola's mom and Jack will have a few one on one's (whatever you want to call it) and Jack will (yet again get his heart broken)...forever the bridesmaid...that's our Jackie.  

Think about it...it's been some time since he's been married.  Remember the old days when he married most of the women in this group?

OK, about this Traci/Cane thing.....I think it's a real stretch to think of those two together...this is like a show from Telemundo....except on those shows the 'older' heavy set women are very, very beautiful....here, well, it's the Traci we see and some love...  

Maybe it's because I watch so much TV but I always think that younger men want more the RIGHT to have children one day if they decide to.  I don't always think it's about a women's age as far as her size and looks.  I think many males just want the option of being able to have children down the road.  It's off the table when a woman gets old(er).

I see that as another one of GOD's jokes...what I mean is men can have a kid until he drops dead (pretty much...mostly), but for a woman, a tiny few can when they're older but a lot of health issues pop up.

Now back to Traci.  I mean, think about it...maybe I'm different from most of you but I'm old and I don't want to think of being with some very old guy (I'm 72 so he'd really need to have one foot in the grave to be much older).

I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in seeing anymore of this book played out in this soap.  I have to wonder if it's these writers idea of trying to draw in (or keep) the older viewers.

I know I'm a broken record here, but I know and talk to a lot of young people and they really don't watch TV much anymore.

I do think the soaps are trying to draw in the Latinos.  I have friends who watch Telemundo a lot but several say they are showing interest in some of the same soaps we watch and talk about.  

Respected Contributor

If anyone wanted to make Tracie look like an "old" woman, they certainly managed in the horrible outfit she had on today. She truly looked like Cane's Mother and bought him a cotton candy.....of course none for herself because she doesn't "eat that much"....The women on Telemundo may be heavier but are beautiful and sexy......Tracie is neither one. This is a terrible, vomit inducing story line.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Danky   You said it better than I did.  I totally agree!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Summary for Friday, July 5th from soaps.com:

Billy visits Victoria at Newman Enterprises. She realizes she was supposed to meet him for his birthday dinner and apologizes. She shows him something on the laptop – this is what having power looks like. It’s a Dark Horse building that’s empty as she persuaded the tenant to move to a Newman-owned one. Billy kisses her and has an idea.

In their suite, Calvin tells Chelsea he made a stop to see Adam before joining her at the restaurant. She asks if he was testing her. Calvin was worried for her safety and admits he felt for Adam. He’s decided Connor should be with his father. Chelsea is outraged and assumes Adam threatened him. Calvin denies it. They argue heatedly as Calvin wants to give Adam custody of Connor. Chelsea will never give up her son. Calvin points out Johnny’s being raised by his father. Chelsea gapes – that’s totally different. Calvin wants space to have a child of their own. Chelsea reels.

Adam finds Phyllis drinking alone in his penthouse and asks, “Did anybody show?” Phyllis wants to focus on the new hotel they’re opening. Adam toasts to being outcasts…who needs friends when you can have enemies? He needles Phyllis about Summer and Nick not coming to the party. Phyllis explains Nick still blames her for Chelsea’s departure but won’t elaborate. She leaves to go to Dark Horse. Adam gets a text from Kevin that Chelsea’s with an old guy. Adam advises to keep his eyes and ears open.

In Devon’s penthouse, Ana shows off Tessa’s video. Elena loves it. Devon feels it had a lot of energy but complains the sound wasn’t good. Ana explains they wanted it to sound authentic. He argues you can have that without compromising sound and accuses her of distributing it when he was distracted. He reiterates she’s not ready to do this on her own.

Summer eats takeout with Nick at home and marvels at how well he’s taking things with Adam and her mother – she doesn’t know how she sleeps at night. Nick doesn’t want her in the middle, but Summer feels Phyllis is different this time; she doesn’t care who she hurts. Talk turns to her drinking and Theo. Summer admits she went into emotional overload about Kyle and Lola and he couldn’t get away fast enough. Nick suggests she talk to him and be clear about what she wants. Summer wonders if he’s referencing anyone. Nick says, “Chelsea is back.” Nick’s fortune cookie says, ‘An old love will come back to your life’ and Summer gets chills. Nick recaps Chelsea’s departure and admits he’s happy she reached out. Summer toasts to the single life.

At Society, Elena wishes Devon had given Ana more time to explain herself. Devon says the industry’s tough and she’s green. She softens. Devon wishes he didn’t have to leave town tonight. Theo appears to discuss a meeting with Devon…he assumes it’s about Tessa’s video, but Devon wants something entirely different. They talk music and Devon introduces him and Elena. Theo agrees about the muddied sound on Tessa’s video but talks up the tie-ins. Once alone, Elena loves Devon’s passion for what he’s doing. They kiss and she heads to work. Ana arrives and Devon explains he’s bringing someone in to mentor her because she has such potential. He points to Theo. Ana’s offended – he tweets all day. They all sit down, and Theo agrees to consider it. Ana still thinks he’s a professional party boy. Devon leaves. Ana explains her position to Theo, who claims he wants to help her succeed. Ana relents.

At the carnival, Billy tells Victoria they’ll go on every ride and play every game. At the shooting range, Billy flashes to taking the gun from the Abbott mansion and Adam coming to Delia’s grave. Adam strolls nearby and Kevin texts that EMTs just got called to the Club.

At Nick’s, Summer sees a photo of Theo at Society and decides to head down there. After, Nick gets a frantic call from Chelsea – her husband is dead!

Summer arrives at Society in time to see Theo and Ana sharing a toast.

Nick arrives at Chelsea’s suite, followed by Adam, who sees her in his brother’s arms. Phyllis appears and says, “Oh man. Tough break.”

Next on The Young and the Restless:

Adam tells Chelsea there are no more roadblocks; they can finally get back on track and be the way they were meant to be.

Honored Contributor

He had a short part.

Honored Contributor

My thoughts:

I do believe I feel some of my brain cells have died as I've watched the past few episodes. Wow.

July 4th: enjoyed this episode. Loved Michael and Lauren. Sorry, I do like the new (old)Phylis. Tracy and Cane would work but they need do something about Tracy's wardrobe. Frumpy is not working for her.

The 5th's episode; Holy Moly. Now this is the kind of stuff I want to see. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Can't believe Phyllis thought one night of mothering would heal all wounds with Summer.........Michael, Lauren and Jack were pretty amusing at the "no show "  party...........

FF through Lola and Kyle..........but we all new Mama would attach herself to Jack!    Tracy invites Caine to a family celebration??  I thought i had seen the last of those black and white scenes with Tracy and Caine....thinking they may never go away.........i just keep wondering WHAT was TPTB

thinking with the Caine/Tracy hookup?

Thinking since we never got to see the "meeting" between Calvin and Adam that some deal was set up....

maybe Calvin offering Adam Connor as long as he gives

up Chelsea to Calvin???Its obvious Chelsea isn't with Calvin voluntarily ....................

Honored Contributor

Wow ! He's changed used to be on Dynasty didn't hardly recognize him

Adam Carrington.

Image 7-4-19 at 8.24 PM.jpg

Respected Contributor

This show gets more and more stupid every day. Unbelievable. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Chelsea & Sharon are both old retreads. They can compare notes both

have had the same men