Honored Contributor

Re: 🎉🎊Y&R JANUARY 2019 SPOILERS🎊🎉

This whole thing with the items of JT appearing is boarding on being Sci-Fi-ish or they're taking us down a bizarre psychological path.

Either Nikki threw the poker in the lake or she didn't. Now, if she did, who the hell is watching her and then sending out a diving crew to retrieve the item? The only person I can think of to pull that off is Victor. If she didn't, is she having a nervous breakdown or has a split personality and the "bad Nikki" is guilty? 

Nikki did NOT tell Nick the truth; she left out the fact of Phylis and Sharon also being involved. Stupid on her part; why would she do that? Again, things are not adding up.

The scene between Reed and Vikki were well done. Very realistic. The scene with Billy telling Victoria he would "kill" JT may be possible foreshadowing; we'll have to wait and see.

As for Phylis: I have always loved her character. Now, I can't stand her. They've made her into a unlikeable, vindictive, cruel *itch. And you know what? I can see HER being the one doing all these mind-games with Nikki in order to get revenge on Victor and her. Again, hate will drive a person to do horrible things; Phylis IS capable of this behavior. Is this how the'll destroy her character? Don't know but she's not the "one you love to hate". She's simply a hateful person and watching her is not enjoyable at all. Shame but there it is.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam I have no idea how all this will play out and be resolved but unless I miss my guess it's going to prove to be anticlimactic unless they truly do pull a significant rabbit out of their hats. Supposedly... someone completely unexpected steps forward and claims to be the one who killed JT. Who knows if it's someone already on the table or someone completely new. As for Phyllis, it really is a shame. I only hope they're tearing her apart so they can either later redeem her or make her completely into the female vixen and villain that has long been a soap staple but that this show hasn't had in quite some time. If the latter, redemption would still be my hope for her somewhere down the road. Phyllis has always been somewhat a piece of work, but was always likable in spite of herself. It's becoming harder and harder to like this version of Phyllis, even though her 'outing' of JT was long overdue...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anybody feel that Mac or someone she paid is involved in all of this with

the murder weapon, clothing on bed appearing?

Can she be trusted? Is she hiding more than we know? Maybe Billy or Nick needs

to follow her home and check things out. Could. J.T. be there? 

She lives out of G.C. but where? I dont remember. Nick better put one of those trackers

on that girl's car soon.

Honored Contributor

@TryingToQuit, welcome to the Y & R thread!

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

Anybody feel that Mac or someone she paid is involved in all of this with

the murder weapon, clothing on bed appearing?

Can she be trusted? Is she hiding more than we know? Maybe Billy or Nick needs

to follow her home and check things out. Could. J.T. be there? 

She lives out of G.C. but where? I dont remember. Nick better put one of those trackers

on that girl's car soon.

@threecees Anything's possible, but if it is her, it wouldn't be her historical M.O. I believe she supposedly now lives in D.C., so not really easily accessible on short-notice to GC. Still, they keep bringing her back for some reason, at least one supposes... Glad they more or less seem to have given up on bringing Brittney and Raul back and forth. Neither of them was ever all that interesting. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

This whole thing with the items of JT appearing is boarding on being Sci-Fi-ish or they're taking us down a bizarre psychological path.

Either Nikki threw the poker in the lake or she didn't. Now, if she did, who the hell is watching her and then sending out a diving crew to retrieve the item? The only person I can think of to pull that off is Victor. If she didn't, is she having a nervous breakdown or has a split personality and the "bad Nikki" is guilty? 

Nikki did NOT tell Nick the truth; she left out the fact of Phylis and Sharon also being involved. Stupid on her part; why would she do that? Again, things are not adding up.

The scene between Reed and Vikki were well done. Very realistic. The scene with Billy telling Victoria he would "kill" JT may be possible foreshadowing; we'll have to wait and see.

As for Phylis: I have always loved her character. Now, I can't stand her. They've made her into a unlikeable, vindictive, cruel *itch. And you know what? I can see HER being the one doing all these mind-games with Nikki in order to get revenge on Victor and her. Again, hate will drive a person to do horrible things; Phylis IS capable of this behavior. Is this how the'll destroy her character? Don't know but she's not the "one you love to hate". She's simply a hateful person and watching her is not enjoyable at all. Shame but there it is.

@SahmIam  At first I thought Niki was seeing things...guilt, whatever. Going down this road of a bad horror movie is par for the course. 

Respected Contributor

I thought it was Phyllis that was to get rid of the poker. Maybe she just held on to it for later use.

Esteemed Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

I thought it was Phyllis that was to get rid of the poker. Maybe she just held on to it for later use.

I started thinking about Phyllis too because of that reason but if she spooked Niki to confess or go over the edge....it would just incriminate her..........so figure not....

And today i kept thinking we haven't see the offices of Jabot or Newman for WEEKS...even Dark Horse is rarely seen...it is all about Rey and family...and Rey and the station....Rey and the apartment, the coffeehouse.... and numerous scenes at Victorias house (scene of the crime)........................who's watching Faith, and her brother......Katie and Johnny.....and does Caine EVER work anymore either..???  He is always home fretting....

Jack has been pretty much AWOL since his trip with his new girlfriend...................No one ever goes to their offices anymore......Caine, Billy, Devon, Phyllis, Nick, Jack, Victoria, etc............they must have taken vacation time altogether.......I am guessing having Niki pick up the poker and get her prints on it again may have some significance later on...couldn't believe she walked over to the alcohol cabinet again..............ugh....I am REALLY hoping they do bring back JT.....not sure who else would be tormenting Niki......it wouldn't be Victor who i am sure has tried covering up her crime..................lets end this 

Honored Contributor

Ok, so it's NOT just me who thought Phylis was the one who got rid of the poker!! I started thinking about it and I "think" Phylis was the one who got rid of the cell phone in the dumpster. Along those lines, Nikki took a drive out "to a lake somewhere" and threw the poker into the lake. Now, really, how far COULD she have thrown it? Probably along the shore line.

What a freaking mess.

Honored Contributor

Summary for Tuesday, January 15th from soaps.com:

At the penthouse, Devon tells Ana that he put a rush on Fenmore’s single and released it. Ana is cool about it until she listens and realizes he released her mix. She thanks him enthusiastically. Devon confirms her version was better, though it hurts his ego. She has a gift and has a real future in the business. He wants to put the songwriter on contract as well. Ana sips her drink self-consciously.

At Jabot, Jack pays Kerry a visit and they canoodle in the elevator.

At the Club, Lauren is thrilled when Fenmore plays his first single. Michael notes he walked away from law school from this, then adds, “My son the pop star…well done.” Lauren tells her son they’ll be singing the song everywhere. Fen jokes he’s going to cry, then shows them the interest it’s already generating online. Michael has to go, but advises Fen he was right to follow his dream. They embrace. Lauren orders champagne. On his way out, Michael crosses paths with Jack and Kerry, who upon learning no one is at the Abbott house suggests they go there.

Nick visits Victor at the station, and says he believes he’s innocent. Nick won’t give a reason for his epiphany, and announces he’ll get Victor’s legal strategy going in the right direction as it’s been a disaster so far. Victor asks who he thinks he’s talking to, and warns arrogance doesn’t become him. It’s more complex than Nick realizes – his strategy was a necessity. Michael arrives. Nick says, “Meet your new lawyer.” Victor doesn’t need him and asks Michael to leave. Michael argues with Victor, who insists he prefers to be in solitary. Nick calls him a liar then asks Michael to leave. Victor fumes at Nick for calling him a liar. Nick’s undeterred. He thinks someone is framing him and if he tries to thwart them, he’ll put the family at risk. Victor confirms it. Nick states Nikki needs him. He knows Victor had nothing to do with JT’s death – he asks him to let Michael take his case for Nikki’s sake. Victor assures Nick he’ll get out and lets him know he’s proud of him.

Victoria has dropped Reed at the airport before she arrives at the ranch. She says she came quickly since Nikki sounded upset. Nikki shows her the fireplace poker. Victoria gasps, “That’s at the bottom of the lake.” Nikki replies, “Not anymore.” She also tells Victoria that Nick was there last night and now he knows everything. Victoria’s angry that she told Nick of all people. Nikki was too upset to handle it herself. She adds he doesn’t know Sharon and Phyllis were involved. Victoria warns that Nick has changed since he started Dark Horse – he thinks he knows what’s best and could involve the police – they’ll be screwed! Nikki argues that Nick’s not the problem – they need to figure out how the poker got there, who did it, and why. Nikki points out even if it’s a duplicate; someone else knows. Victoria decides this is way out of hand. Nikki feels sticking together is their best bet at getting out of this nightmare. “We’ll find out who’s tormenting us and why, and then we’ll stop them.”

Somewhere unknown, a video feed shows Nikki and Victoria sitting together at the ranch.

At the Abbott house, Kerry and Jack make out, then she reveals she has a surprise for him. Kerry makes him close his eyes and waves a scent under his nose. He likes it. It’s a fragrance especially for him…she calls it Jack of Hearts. He puts some on and they resume making out. After, Jack comes downstairs after freshening up and catches Kerry about to leave without saying goodbye. Kerry claims it’s a work day and she worried her presence may have agitated Dina, but Jack argues no one’s expected for hours. Kerry purrs she’ll make it up to him upstairs and sends him up first. Jack looks confused at her behavior. Once alone, Kerry takes the vial of Jack of Hearts out of her purse, looks at it, and looks up the staircase.

Fen joins Ana and Devon at the penthouse and they toast to success. Devon muses it would be the perfect celebration if Ana’s writing friend was there. Devon leaves for a meeting, and Fen confronts Ana about not revealing she’s the songwriter – he reminds her Devon loves her and wouldn’t steal her songs. Ana admits she’s not afraid of that but won’t say why she’s insisting on staying anonymous. Fen presses her, and she angrily warns him to drop it or he’ll ruin a good thing.

Michael rejoins Lauren at the Club and they discuss Fenmore’s single. Michael’s proud but one song on the radio guarantees nothing. Lauren agrees the music business is challenging, but urges him to let Fen enjoy this. Michael’s surprised to hear Fen won’t be recording his own songs, but Lauren explains Devon’s negotiating with a hot songwriter.

Next on The Young and the Restless:

Lily is visited by Cane.