Esteemed Contributor

Re: 🎉🎊Y&R JANUARY 2019 SPOILERS🎊🎉

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@stevieb Yes, I liked her too.  I think it bothers me that they just can't make up their mind what to do with her character.  She's likable, she's hateful, she's sweet, she's a "B".  

This stuff between Sharon and Rey makes me want to puke.  I can't stand him.  She really has the eye roll thing down really well.

I am a big fan of Phyllis too......always liked Gina T. in Guiding Light...always thought she was a very good actress...........I was glad she was getting more face time on Y & R  this past year......but they have made her character a bit unbearable..............she does humor situtions well also..............hope they make her interesting again...and enough with the Billy sentiment....he slept with her daughter.....can't believe she could forgive that!!

And yes. i agree.............Rey and Sharon...yuck...but pretty much i think Rey w/anyone...yuck....

Can't believe Sharon has to take her dress off ...or he his shirt...........sleep in your clothes!!! haha....

maybe Mia will knock on the door and find them both in

bed together..............and they will be like"oh..we are innocent.."...............and they will be misunderstood.....

riggghhhttt!!.............

FINALLY Niki tells Nick...............she should have told him long ago that she was responsible for JT's demise....

I used to think Tess was responsible for the JT items showing up.............but lately i am doubting that.....WOULDN'T it actually be a GOOD storyline if they made JT actually ALIVE and back!

Occasional Contributor

Hi all, I enjoy this discussion! Thanks for all of the previews, updates, and spoilers!

Sharon looked stunning on The View today. So did Jess Walton; Nick's not bad, either.Smiley Happy

I really like the Rosales' family, they're a great addition, and way more interesting than some on there, (cane and lily). Lola is pretty smart to want to go slow with Kyle - I can't tell if he's truly in love with her, or if he's just going to take advantage of her naiveté and then completely break her heart. She seems like a really good kid who could be easily used in that way.

The love-triangle thing between Rey-Mia-Arturo-Abby-Sharon is funny and mildly nauseating at the same time.

Reed and Victoria holding each other and crying today was pretty touching, It's obvious how much he cares for his mom. Once his grandmother is revealed as JT's killer I wonder how he'll feel? Maybe he'll forgive her right away, what do you guys think?

So, Nicky confesses to Nick, and in the previews for next week she's pointing a gun at someone? This should get interesting, I hope.

Respected Contributor

@TryingToQuit....thank you for your honest, yet kind recap of the show. No name calling or condescending remarks. Welcome to the thread. :smileyhappy:

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Summary for Monday, January 14th from soaps.com:

At the ranch, Nick asks Nikki why she’d say she was responsible for JT’s death. Nikki, shaking, reiterates, “I killed JT.” She recounts Victoria revealing JT’s abuse to her and finding him attacking her in the bedroom that night. She tearfully remembers reaching for whatever was closest and swinging. Nikki thought JT was unconscious, but he had no pulse. Nick says, “You did what you had to do.” Nikki explains why she and Victoria didn’t report it to the police. Nick asks, “What did you do next?” Nikki reveals they wrapped JT in a carpet and buried him in Chancellor Park. Nick’s stunned to hear it’s been months – he was dead when Nick impersonated him. They puzzle over the fireplace poker showing up. Nikki reports she threw it in the lake, and tells him about the other terrifying events – it’s why she started drinking. They debate about her safety; Nikki’s more concerned about Victor being framed. She knows that he knows she killed JT, and is sitting in jail to protect her.

At Victoria’s house, Billy’s sorry he didn’t know about JT’s abuse; he offers to stay the night in the guestroom, but Victoria’s still not comfortable. She does love him and hopes she’s not taking him on a ride he won’t want to be on. He likes rides, and says he’s in.

At Rey’s apartment, Arturo accuses Mia of getting off on having some kind of power over him. Mia thinks they’re imprinted on one another’s hearts. She tried with Rey, but he isn’t present the way a partner should be. Mia needs someone who is all in and laments that she knew Rey and Sharon had feelings for one another when she came to town. Arturo has to go. She says it’s too dangerous out there, but he claims it’s more dangerous in there.

In the motel room bed, Rey asks Sharon, “You awake?” She is, but stays quiet.

The next morning…

Sharon and Rey dress in the motel and make small talk. She suggests they stop to eat on the way home. Rey gets a text from Mia and calls her. He tells her he loves her…so much. After, Sharon assures him there’s nothing to feel guilty about – nothing happened. They agree not to stop for breakfast.

At home, Phyllis texts Nick that she feels bad about last night. He asks where she is. She’s at home and wants to apologize.

At the ranch, Nick’s set up security for Nikki, who stresses the need to go about things as though everything is ordinary. Nick’s priority is keeping her and Vikki safe and clearing Victor’s name. Later, Nikki picks up the fireplace poker, then walks over to pick up the vodka bottles. She dumps them down the drain.

Arturo pounds on the door of the Abbott mansion. Abby asks what he’s doing there. He regrets not getting her text from last night and needs to tell her something. Arturo says, “Abby, I love you.” He rambles about being afraid; it’s why he keeps things casual. He doesn’t want to be like his father, who hurt his mother. Abby believes he would never hurt her that way. Arturo talks about the differences between their families, then swerves to what he had with Mia – he didn’t think he deserved better. Abby says it’s over; he should stop punishing himself. Arturo explains something changed last night – he’s not scared anymore and wants a future with Abby. They kiss.

At Crimson Lights, Billy confronts Phyllis about her actions at the memorial. Phyllis has already beat herself up. Billy complains it wasn’t her place to tell Reed; Victoria was trying to protect her son. Phyllis agrees she should have kept her mouth shut, and notes he’s the knight in shining armor – maybe he should be thanking her. Billy says that’s petty.

At Victoria’s place, Billy assures her that knowing she loves him is enough right now – reconnecting with her and the kids has helped him. Victoria thinks it sounds perfect to have no pressure or expectations. Reed appears and tells his mom he’s sorry again. She holds him; she’s sorry too. Reed asks if JT was a bad person. Victoria feels he changed and urges her son to remember him in his own way. Reed thinks things might be better now – he should go back to school.

Rey arrives at home and Mia asks about his trip to Kenosha. He reports they got the bad guys, then asks about the furnace. Mia says she called Sharon, but she was on police business too…in Kenosha. Rey admits he lied because he didn’t want to upset her. Mia relays that it was Arturo who came over to fix the furnace. Rey wants to trust each other. He swears nothing happened with Sharon, and won’t stop fighting for their marriage. They kiss.

At home, Phyllis apologizes to Nick, who invites her to kiss him. She does. He says she’s forgiven. Phyllis questions his change of heart. Nick feels she got caught up, and loves her honesty.

Next on The Young and the Restless:

Victor calls a truce.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Y&R spoilers for Monday January 14:

In today’s Y&R recap, Mia confronts Rey about Sharon, Arturo declares his love, and Nikki spills all to Nick.

Arturo is tested by Mia.

Y&R spoilers for Tuesday January 15:

Victor makes peace.

Devon takes a risk.

Y&R spoilers for Wednesday January 16:

Nick changes his mind.

Cane visits Lily.

Coming back... Hunter King returns to Y&R as Summer.

Y&R spoilers for Thursday January 17:

Nikki's in danger.

Neil has reason to be concerned about Ana.

Breaking news in Genoa City! CBS LA’s Suzanne Marques and ET’s Nischelle Turner will play an anchor and reporter.

Y&R spoilers for Friday January 18:

Billy wants revenge.

More Y&R spoilers...

Phyllis comes upon Billy and Victoria at the Club and lets Vikki know that Billy tried to reconcile with her first and she turned him down. This will up the animosity between the two women and make Victoria wonder if she's Billy's second choice.

Coming up on Y&R...

Billy reveals a secret.

Kerry's caught in a lie.

Abby's surprised by Arturo.

Nick has questions for Phyllis.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

Why cant Mia leave the apartment instead of freezing and crawling all over 

Rat for warmth? Can't they go into the coffeehouse?

So dumb, like there aren't any other options. One day she's telling Rey that he's 

the only guy for her, now she flirting and telling Rat all about when they were young

and in love. If only as she says, she can have 2 husbands. Dream on Mia.

Also with Sharon and Rey getting a motel room, you would think someone from

the station would come out to get them, after all he is such a big shot there. Oh,

that's right it's pretty much the 2 of them at the station.

There should be a knock in the middle of the night and Rey turns on the light and

answers the door and it's Paul. He sees Sharon, and says to Rey, I'm back and you

broke protocol and you're done. Would love it.

@threecees Mia's keeping her options open... Rey was her second choice... God help the woman, because what she really wants is The Big Rodent... Oh but he can now see his way clear to loving Abby... WHATever... Poor Abby... I'm telling you, these actresses deserve Oscars for being able to pretend to be attracted to that man... Just Ewwwww...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kelsey17 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@stevieb Yes, I liked her too.  I think it bothers me that they just can't make up their mind what to do with her character.  She's likable, she's hateful, she's sweet, she's a "B".  

This stuff between Sharon and Rey makes me want to puke.  I can't stand him.  She really has the eye roll thing down really well.

I am a big fan of Phyllis too......always liked Gina T. in Guiding Light...always thought she was a very good actress...........I was glad she was getting more face time on Y & R  this past year......but they have made her character a bit unbearable..............she does humor situtions well also..............hope they make her interesting again...and enough with the Billy sentiment....he slept with her daughter.....can't believe she could forgive that!!

And yes. i agree.............Rey and Sharon...yuck...but pretty much i think Rey w/anyone...yuck....

Can't believe Sharon has to take her dress off ...or he his shirt...........sleep in your clothes!!! haha....

maybe Mia will knock on the door and find them both in

bed together..............and they will be like"oh..we are innocent.."...............and they will be misunderstood.....

riggghhhttt!!.............

FINALLY Niki tells Nick...............she should have told him long ago that she was responsible for JT's demise....

I used to think Tess was responsible for the JT items showing up.............but lately i am doubting that.....WOULDN'T it actually be a GOOD storyline if they made JT actually ALIVE and back!

@kelsey17  Like Gina too... Agree... She was so good on GL... and on everything she's been in... They're wasting her at present, which is too bad, but after all now, they have to make more and more time for the Lola and Co. show... Maybe they should do a spin-off... 

Smiley Surprised

I too would like to see JT resurface... They've got to come up with something to make this excessively long wait worthwhile...

Yea, so Sharon and Rey had to strip down, just as Mia had to cuddle with Raturo under the covers... No wonder Mal is gone if he's the one that came up with this stuff and thought it was at all believable...

Honored Contributor

@TryingToQuit Hey there... As for how Reed will take the news, it's curious... You'd have to think if it comes to light that his Grandmother was defending his mother against JT's attack it would count for something... 

Honored Contributor

Oh boy can it get any, um, better... Not only does Summer resurface next week but it appears Neil does as well... and is concerned about Ana... Don't know about you, but this has me on the edge of my seat... Oh yea... 

Image result for eye roll judge judy