Trusted Contributor

Re: Y&R - Is Marissa Victor's Daughter???

I don't remember Victor and that woman either Foxxie.  It must have been while I worked and didn't watch.  I could see it now.  Jack's long lost twin brother who was seperated at birth.  Good Grief!!

Jessa
Honored Contributor

You know for years I remember I used to get teased for watching SOAPS because they were so smarmy.  You know, suddenly a long lost twin brother would show up or plastic surgery to look like someone, or a long lost daughter........wait....that sounds like Y&R today!  OK, now I get it.

Actually, until about less than 2 years ago the soaps were getting pretty good.  Now these writers are back to the way they used to be (settling on the easy way).

I think it takes imagination and good writers to come up with a good mystery (i.e. beginning, middle and end) and not an end that goes on for what?  This who killed the little girl is at least 1 year old, isn't it? 

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Isn't it amazing how many people on soaps come back from the dead?   LOL

Marissa being Victor's daughter is a little far fetched .... OTOH ...... if it were true, poor Victoria would practically have a COW over that piece of news ..... ha ha ha haha.

Not only that here we go again with kissing cousins or should I say aunt....

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

You know for years I remember I used to get teased for watching SOAPS because they were so smarmy.  You know, suddenly a long lost twin brother would show up or plastic surgery to look like someone, or a long lost daughter........wait....that sounds like Y&R today!  OK, now I get it.

Actually, until about less than 2 years ago the soaps were getting pretty good.  Now these writers are back to the way they used to be (settling on the easy way).

I think it takes imagination and good writers to come up with a good mystery (i.e. beginning, middle and end) and not an end that goes on for what?  This who killed the little girl is at least 1 year old, isn't it? 

Most of those writers are from the generation XYZ and their education only goes back the year they were born... that is all the NEA education would mostly allow so of course the Y&R writers are going to repeat they have very little in their wheel house!

Honored Contributor

Well said java!  It's too bad though because I love the soaps.  I guess things run in cycles.

Ever since Deliah was killed things have been going downhill.

I saw the young actress who played Deliah's mother (forget her name) on an older Law and Order.  Sometimes I forget these actors have actually paid their dues.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

It's been over 2 years, Annabelle.  We had no Adam for over a year and Justin Hartley has played Adam for about a year.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Once upon a time I really like Victor it is really hard to like ugly people....

Look at Marisa she had a hard life but it did not make her resentful...

Victor never gone to a shrink so he never was able to set his reset button...

he is still stuck on ugly.....

I guess since their budget was cut the things Nikki use to do is out of the question so they turn her into a drunk and Sharon whacko  all that modeling and fundraisers are gone.. and it is not PC for the rich to live at their status in life... we all marry in parks and sleep on cots in store rooms or benches in bars...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Good grief!  Now I'm really wiggin out!  They have strung (is that a word?) us out for 2 freaking years on who killed that sweet little girl?

Speaking of little girls on Y&R, I saw where the one that plays Sharon's daughter (the last one most of us like better than the other one) is going to be on a night-time show.  She's made it to the big time.

I guess eventually we'll have another little blonde girl.  Unless she has a long lost sister.  Speaking of long lost kids (WOW!  I'm all over the place tonight) how about B&B the way suddenly that amazing looking young man just showed up so he could romance Maya's sister.

Honored Contributor

I've been watching Y&R since 1985, missed 1988-1990 while leaving overseas, but do not remember this woman either!

But this is a Soap Opera and things happen in Soapland!!!Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Y&R is actually tame compared to GH these days.  Our little boy who was run over by a car and had his organs harvested just came back to life after 5 years without a scratch on him and all organs intact.   Granted GH is a little more adventurous than Y&R in plot lines but, really?  It's almost as bad as the alien storyline back in the day.  

If Marisa is Victor's kid, you know he secretly brought her to town just to one up Nicki for the whole Dylan thing.