Honored Contributor

Y&R February 2017... SPOILERS!!!

Summary for Wednesday, February 1st from soaps.com:

At Jabot, Jack rants to Phyllis that he had a run-in with Jill, who owns half of Fenmore’s and is now ready to blow-up his whole deal with Lauren. They speculate on whether Jill would take Lauren to court. Jack mutters that’s how she got half of Fenmore’s to begin with. Phyllis thinks she is the reason Jill wants to deep six the deal…because of the Billy thing. Jack is angry she brought that up. She apologizes. They rehash whether he wants Phyllis involved in this deal. Jack won’t let personal issues get in the way of profits.

In Lauren’s living room, she tells Jill that the deal with Jabot is happening so she should get over it. Jill protests. Lauren informs her she didn’t want Fenmore’s to become a subsidiary of Chancellor. Jill reminds her sister she owns half. Lauren counters that she can own 25% of a thriving company or nothing. Lauren rehashes Jill taking her to court in the past and having s*x with Colin in her office. Jill presses her to sign a deal with Chancellor, but Lauren has no intention of it. They continue to argue. Lauren didn’t do this to hurt Jill; she did it to save the company and is going ahead no matter what.

Hilary arrives at GC Buzz as Devon signs off on paperwork with Roz. Devon informs Hilary that he freed up some money to implement some changes. He reminds her she’s still under contract and he expects her to abide by it. Hil is surprised he’s not firing her. Devon can work with her a few hours a week. He next informs her she’s getting a co-host and gestures to Mariah, who joins them. Devon tells them they bring different flavors to the show – Hil will cover gossip, and Mariah will cover feel good stories. Mariah will flag concerns, which Hil will be expected to address. Mariah shows her the first script – they agree on edits. They make nice and wish each other a good show. Hil is actually looking forward to it. Once alone, Hilary instructs Roz that there will be a new script...it’s a surprise welcome package for Mariah. During the segment, Roz tells Devon about the surprise clip. Devon is worried. The clip of Mariah falling plays and Hilary apologizes on air for tripping her.

At Brash & Sassy, Billy reveals the meme of her as a witch that Reed’s friends made. Victoria learns that Zoey, not Reed, made it, and goes off about buyers seeing it when it goes viral on the Internet. Billy tells her to snap out of it; this isn’t about her. He pleads Reed’s case, and Victoria realizes how hurt her son has been. Billy assures her it can be fixed. He reveals Reed may still be at Crimson Lights. Vikki asks Billy for a favor before leaving. Billy heads up to Jabot and runs into Jack. Billy says Phyllis works at Fenmore’s and warns Jack not to jerk her around. They continue to bicker. Billy reminds Jack that Phyllis cared enough to walk away, so he should be professional. Jack still blames Billy.

Lauren joins Phyllis at the Club and updates her on Jill’s attempt to derail the deal. She plans to move forward. Phyllis warns Jill isn’t the only complication Jack’s concerned about – she is the other. Lauren has no intention of letting this deal fall through. Later, Jack joins Lauren, who says she had a fire to put out. Jack muses, “Is that what we’re calling Jill these days?” Phyllis appears just as Lauren warns if his ex’s involvement is an issue, she’ll be the one having second thoughts. Jack pulls out the contract and Lauren signs.

At the Chancellor mansion, Jill complains to Colin about Lauren cutting her out of the loop with Fenmore’s. She thinks the new app will rake in the cash, but not half the profits will go to Jack Abbott. Colin urges her to go after them. Jill agrees, and Colin wants to know her plan. Jill says she’ll go behind Lauren’s back and make Jack an offer for his share of Fenmore’s, even if it takes an obscene amount of money. Colin worries that will take a lot of cash, and about how deep the rift might go. Jill decides to sleep on it. Colin breathes a sigh of relief.

Vikki finds Reed at the coffeehouse and he realizes she heard about the witch thing. She apologizes for embarrassing him. She won’t always agree with his choices, but will react better. To prove her sincerity she has tickets for him to Jack White’s pop-up show in Chicago that night. Reed invites his mother to join him.

A Look Ahead to Thursday, February 2nd:

Vikki tells Billy, “I need you to help me launch the latest weapon in our arsenal.”

Jill says to Colin, “I want you to tell me the real reason you don’t want me to pursue this deal, and I want you to tell me now.”

Devon says to Neil, “That was the last thing I ever expected.” Neil asks, “Did that change things for you?”

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Y&R February 2017... SPOILERS!!!

I was disappointed that Colin was back in the picture.......his character has just been so despicable over the years  that it is always so hard to believe he keeps being in the show and being forgiven  by the other characters..............it was funny today w/Jack and Gloria....  haha...not fond of the new Reed.....and surprised Lily took the modeling job since for the last few months they had her giving Caine a hard time for working so much and ignoring the family...now she is going to be working 24-7 and out of town etc??  

Looking like Ashley may end up w/computer guy....i thought she might actually have a (her own age) grown up relationship instead of now a younger guy.......

oh well...................the whole Dylan witness protection storyline was "out there"...but i guess they had to figure a way to get him off the show w/o canceling the character!

Lets see Chole getting found out w/regard to Adam!  And lets see the new Adam soon!

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 One of my major complaints with Colin is (and I know it's the fault of the writers) the way the writers make Jill's character around Colin.  Ugh!  She's all silly acting and whiney.  I like to think of her as a strong woman who knows who and what she wants.  They have really messed up her character ever since he came into the picture.

She was just getting back to the Jill I like who used to go head to head with Katherine.  Now he's back and I want to puke.  I guess she'll go back to putting up with his stupid antics.  What strong business woman would let a person (much less a husband) get away with blackmailing people she loved....the Jill I like wouldn't do that and would have kicked him to the curb immediately.  She wouldn't need or want a man that bad.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

OMG @Annabellethecat66!!!! LMAO!!!
Honored Contributor

Colin came back with poetry! Is he following my posts or what? Don't deny he brought a tear to your eye @stevieb @Annabellethecat66. I know he did. Smiley Wink

And then he calls Cane on his BS and still toots his own horn as a kept man. Caring and a cad all at the same time. Smiley Very Happy

And finally Jill is gonna wipe the floor with Lauren. Wait til she sees Lauren's YouTube dance from last night.
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@kelsey17 @Laura14 @stevieb 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epxqV5CRfTc

Oh my... I could've lived out the rest of my life without ever needing to see THAT...

@Annabellethecat66 @Laura14 @loveschocolate

Woman LOL

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Sorry @Annabellethecat66... but for those who missed it on the January thread, I just wanted to share this picture of, well, a fond memory... Unfortunately, Annabelle has told me she just can't take it anymore and that I'm cruel to continue reminding her of what will never be... Sigh...

213tilldeathdouspart023 (2).jpg

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@kelsey17 One of my major complaints with Colin is (and I know it's the fault of the writers) the way the writers make Jill's character around Colin.  Ugh!  She's all silly acting and whiney.  I like to think of her as a strong woman who knows who and what she wants.  They have really messed up her character ever since he came into the picture.

She was just getting back to the Jill I like who used to go head to head with Katherine.  Now he's back and I want to puke.  I guess she'll go back to putting up with his stupid antics.  What strong business woman would let a person (much less a husband) get away with blackmailing people she loved....the Jill I like wouldn't do that and would have kicked him to the curb immediately.  She wouldn't need or want a man that bad.

@Laura14's opinion aside, they just need to get rid of him. Nothing against the man, but he's simply in the way. Having them married and him out of town most of the time is just ridiculous. Jill would be a more interesting character if she was single and if they could put a little distance between her and 'her family', which really isn't 'her' family at all... As far as I'm concerned, they've allowed both Jill and Jack to grow pretty stale... Well, it appears they're trying to perk Jack up and it's time they did the same with Jill. Jill was always the most fun when she was playing the field and lusting after younger men, usually her secretaries. Domesticated Jill is tedious Jill.

Honored Contributor

Or... (gulp) keep Colin around on a more frequent basis and make the two of them into one of Genoa City's stalwart families. Of course, that would mean he'd have to give up his sleezy ways.

Either way, lose him or use him... The current Jill/Colin situation is just sort of pointless... and boring.